• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Rival Was The Strongest?

Which Rival Was The Strongest?

• Gary

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • ??? (2nd Gen)

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • May

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Dawn

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

korb8495

Korbyn - Clan [$A]
Freaking Gary man I always had trouble with him. May and The Blonde Kid(Dawn) are n00bs and ??? I don't remember much of him

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
The last option is incorrect. Dawn is not a rival. The rival's default name is Pearl, the blond kid. And the guy from Gen 2 is Silver.

rocky505

Barry/Pearl whatever his name is. his freaking Pokemon go up into the 70s and 80s.

dawn hater

Gary's(Blue) team was build to take out most anything. Barry's team were at the highest level. May's team was not a challenge while Silver's team was not much of a surprise as any one of my team member can take out all of his team. So my vote goes to Gary(Blue).

Red also provided a nice challenge.His Snorlax, Lapras and Charizard were killer.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
My order is:
Silver
Blue
Pearl
May
Wally (if you wanna get technical)

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Gary and Silver are the most pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvbhz8_N6-0

The RSE rival was such a joke. His/her starter didn't even evolve all the way. The rival was the only part about those games that wasn't hard. :/

The rival from DPPt made me believe for a while that I am too old for Pokemon. :( Fruitiest character design ever.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
Gameplay wise: D/P/Pt's Rival (Lv 80 is like the 2nd highest level Pokemon a AI trainer can have, Red takes 1st in G/S/HG/SS)

Character wise: Silver in G/S, but not in HG/SS because he becomes a little bit less bad than before. Oh and Gary because he's Gary Mother***** Oak.

Vermehlo_Steele

Grand Arbiter II
Order of strength, Stong to Weak. By the time you have the 'Last Battle'
1) Gary: The Champion of Kanto is rather challenging and has higher levels than what your used to when you face him and his versatile team.
2) Dawn: Tough, but not as much as Gary.
3) ???: Versatility has dropped somewhat and the levels aren't all that high, still fun though.
4) Brandon/May: Nuff said. Weak, small teams and little diversity.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Gary all the way. When you have to face him at the end of the pokemon league in fire red... His tyranitar is tough to beat.

And silver is easy to smoke for my team. His level 60 feraligator is no match for my sceptile.

May and dawn.
I dont even really remember fighting dawn??

And may was hard at times but was easier to beat than Silver and Gary.

Tirea Mokri

I chose Silver and Gary. I faced Gary only once before and he was harrrrrrd. Silver was also such a jerkface and pretty tough as well, making him one of my favorite rivals.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Rivals have been downplayed over the past 2 generations, clearly nobody will top Blue and Silver