• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Rival would you like to see in the next gen

What rival would you like to see in the next gen

• Gary

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Paul

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Barry

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Trip

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Bianca

• Stephan

• Other

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • None

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ChampionRed

Which one of Ash's rivals would you like to see in the next generation of Pokemon? For me it'd have to be Paul and Gary.

I would love to see a Paul vs Gary battle, Gary would win but it'd be very close and interesting.

Even though any of the rivals appearing in the next gen are slim to none.

The only rival I could see coming back is Burgundy. If Cilan stays for Generation 6, I think there is a huge chance Burgundy will as well.

Bluelatios*

Hands down, Gary freakin' Oak please :D! I don't really care if he's a researcher right now, I wanna see that guy get fired up for Pokemon battling again!

SceptileTheBanana

DRAGON TAIL!
I voted Trip because I feel like the writers cheated him throughout BW2. And Serperior is my favorite pokemon (obviously) but I just want to see Trip's other pokemon.

I want to see Burgundy in Generation 6. If Cilan stays, I want to see Burgundy follow him, saying she still wants to get her revenge on him, but in reality she wants to learn more from him.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
None, Gary is too busy with his research, Barry is too friendly and they always find a way to introduce a friendly rival, Bianca=female Barry but more dumb, Paul doesn't want to leave Sinnoh because he thinks all the other regions suck, and Stephan/Steven/whatever his name is just seemed too forgettable. A new rival for a new generation and region, although it would be interesting to see how far Gary has progressed in his studies.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

No thanks on that Trip part, done with him my opinion. I think out of all the rivals on that list, of new rivals I mean I'd love for Stephan to come back maybe become Ash's actual main rival next series, to me he was the best one out of the new bunch. Maybe Bel too, I enjoyed her some what. For old ones Paul please, even for another one last battle would be great as he was my favorite rival ever!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I would personally see: Barry, Bianca, Kotetsu, Morrison, Macey, and Sho again next Gen.

Though most of them have 0 chance ever returning thou :p

Hands down, Gary freakin' Oak please :D! I don't really care if he's a researcher right now, I wanna see that guy get fired up for Pokemon battling again!

Agreed. Gary Mother*******oak, people! lol.

I would like to see him next gen, though. ;)

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
Game terms:
I'd LOVE to see some Green again ;D He was such a threat in the first games and had a really strong diverse team, only rival that's been a challenge to me...[aside from red himself in silver/gold]

Anime terms:
Gary owo we need more long time rivals. They kinda haven't been paying much attention to gary even though he's supposed to be Ashes main rival.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
none of them i want to comeback
let the new rival come and arrive :)