• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which saga had the least enjoyable fillers? (Johto excluded)

Which saga had the least enjoyable fillers? (Johto excluded)

• Kanto

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Advanced/Battle Frontier

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Diamond & Pearl

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Best Wishes!

Votes: 15 27.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
BW, followed by AG. BW's fillers are as bad as Johto's imo, and AG's fillers were messes in general.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I don't think she (or anyone else, for that matter) said that Misty automatically makes an episode good, nor that not having her automatically makes an episode bad.

Of course, certain episodes would still suck, even with Misty.

What does she have to do with anything? The plot of the actual filler has nothing to do with the human characters involved. Usually in most fillers Ash is the only character who does anything anyway.

pokemon fan 132

Personally i never thought Johto was worst saga, so even if it was on poll my vote would either go to AG or DP.

If anything because while JOhto may had many fillers, many of them were usually highly entertaining episodes containing aspect of adventure and friendship promoted in Kanto with interactions between Ash, Misty and Brock being full of life.

That said while i liked plot episodes from Hoenn and Sinnoh, most of their fillers usually lacked comedy , vibrant dynamic between characters and all those funny, unexpected tantrums which would make you stay interested wanting to watch it until very end. Whether its episodes like "Caterpie Big Dilemma" , "Training Wrecks", "Pearls are Spoink Best Friend", "Steamboat Willies", "Leading a Stray" dealing with stuck Wailmer etc.

Officially some of worst episodes i have ever seen in my honest opinion dealing with same plots we get chance to see numerous times, lacked tension, humor and level pf unpredictability required to make something amusing.

Arguably il admit how in Hoenn fillers at least group dynamics ad May funny quirks liking to eat, go to shopping etc or Brock interactions with her or Max saved several episodes from turning into irredeemable disaster.

While on other hand in many DP ones lack of chemistry between Dawn and Brock took away from group interactions on good part, making tone of episodes often one note and uninteresting.
Although interacting between Ash and Dawn was good.

Needless to say i was never fan of all those extra training episodes too, instead of using extra focus for development of more neglected characters. But i guess learning of new attacks of perfection of techniques turn them in last sec into non fillers.

No, its still that a lot of them weren't very good, especially the ones in the middle during, "Johto league Champions.

Ok they were boring to you, doesn't mean they will be boring to everyone else. Remember each person has different tastes and criteria to go by when judging if episode will or wont satisfy their expectations.

Just because misty is there does not save an episode from being terrible.

No one said that. However i can say without doubt how many of otherwise mediocre episodes in Johto were saved thanks to characters like Brock, Misty or TR which thanks to their personalities, various antics and humor they brought made many of them truly enjoyable.

Whether its "Tunnel Vision"being fun to watch tension between Misty who bragged over water types clearing path from Onix and Jessie jealousy bursting out from her for not having cute pokemon too . "Sick Daze"where Ash stupidity taking care of Brock pokemon in wrong manner or Misty annoyance over his mistakes and crazy antics such as trying to cook, Brock fantasizing about girls delirium at end saving their friends butt only enriched content of episode with more comedy and fun dynamics.

"Will Real prof. Oak stand Out" where we had chance to see James masking himself as professor trying to beat him at pokemon quiz being interesting to see other side of him and knowledge applied about pokemon, haiku etc, etc.

Character quirks and appeal can count as well, when determining if episode will be good or not.

What does she have to do with anything? The plot of the actual filler has nothing to do with the human characters involved. Usually in most fillers Ash is the only character who does anything anyway.

It often has because interactions and dynamic humans produce in episodes, or thir involvement playing subrole in plot of episode can make episodes more enjoyable and engaging to follow.

Speaking of fillers, many of them and resolution of mini stories came out as nus product from actions made by his companions or through their help as well.

Ash isn't always the "one" which saves the day.

p.s. Its sad how topic about fillers excluding Johto turned again into "Johto discussion".

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten

It was a response to Pokemon²'s post.

Jknombricks

Just some guy
Hoenn/Battle Frontier had the least enjoyable fillers to me. But it's probably because I didn't watch those series as much.

P0KEM0N

BW, by far has the worst fillers. They were boring and uninteresting.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Unlike most people I LOVE fillers. When I made a top 50 (52 total because of ties) for a marathon for myself five years ago, 48 were fillers (one gym (Misty Meets Her Match), one battle frontier (Battling the Enemy Within), two movies (1 and 2), 0 league). But, if I had to choose, it would be Unova. The reason? Far less Team Rocket. Team Rocket could always make any non-gym or league-based episode enjoyable for me.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I, too, love fillers, if they're good.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
BW, by far has the worst fillers. They were boring and uninteresting.

Finally someone I agree with. I mean most of them are senseless and pointless. However since the series is fast paced, people don't seem to notice. Maybe they will notice when the extra fillers from this whole Island thing will occur. As far as BF is concerned. I enjoyed them more than Kanto's and that's saying alot.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
BW
Awful. They were extremely predictable. BW had no interesting filler characters and had no full plot line
At least in DP the fillers showed characters strength, development and history. BW fillers are just boring.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
DP everything other saga had a good amount

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
I got to say BW. A part some funny episodes like the Darmanitan's Tower, Litwick's Mansion and Snivy vs Cinccino, all the others were an absolute borefest: uninteresting characters of the day with recycled plots from the past sagas. The only redeeming factor to me is the fact that most of them lacked "Plot-device Team Rocket", but other than that they were meh.

After that come the DP fillers, but luckily there weren't too many (contrary to what most people tend to say).

DedicatedFan

After that come the DP fillers, but luckily there weren't too many (contrary to what most people tend to say).[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I think after Johto people think if a seasons over three years it must be filled with fillers.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Advance's fillers were the least enjoyable

Status
Not open for further replies.