• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which saga or region of anime did you like the best and why?

Which saga or region of anime did you like the best and why?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooti

Uber Trainer
My first thread.. as the question asks which saga of the anime appealed to you the most as a pokemon fan and why?
On a side-note... This thread is not about what you dislike. It's merely asking about your most favourite saga/region of pokemon anime with stating reasons if possible. Please don't bring in this discussion about what region/saga you dislike/hate in anime. Thank you.

I personally liked Hoenn saga the most. In short my reasons would be:

*The induced maturity in Ash and his new outfit.
*Introduction of May, her rivals and contests.
*A group of 4 travelling companions with good chemistry between them, felt like a family to me.
*Reduction of pointless filler episodes(roughly to around 30% from 50% in Johto according to my calculations) .
*Harley... he's just plain awesome.
*Fresh start of Ash as a trainer leaving all his previously owned pokemon at Oak's lab.
*Gym battles were great.

Last edited:

Foxyvulpixie

thug life
hoenn. everything was new and refreshing. plus may was just plain awesome :)
i also liked ash's character development and that region's pokemon ^^

I-am-the-peel

Justice Forever
Sinnoh, no max, good league, good rivals, good pokemon (Gliscor especially), only one pity badge and a good ending, especially for brock. No releases from ash either, which was great.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Sinnoh was the best to me. I mean it didn't have leaks to the next region in the saga. Great Rivals,Great Evil Team,Team Rocket seemed less annoying.The main characters were great and cameos were good. And awesome ending not leading towards Ash heading to another region.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Definitely Hoenn aswell, the new group dynamic was refreshing and Ash having that mixture of maturity and his prior idiocy of the older regions led to a LOT of hilarious bickering between him and May. Great pacing, and the filler wasn't as copious as Johto's.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
Hoen & battle frontier
idk why, since Sinnoh was awesome (paul, infernape & gible)
Hoen was just the most memorable to me

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
Definately Kanto.

Aside from the goof-up of taking 1 episode between Saffron and Celadon, and then 20 between Fuschia and Cinnabar; it was very well-paced and never wore out it's welcome. The characters were likable, the humor was great, the Pokemon world itself was at it's most fresh and interesting....sure, many nitpick about "the battles not being as good" or "half Ash's badges being given out of pity", but in the end I feel the pros far outweighed the cons, which for the rest of the anime, did not happen often.

Harley... he's just plain awesome.

Harley was great, but he was seen more in the Battle Frontier Saga than the Hoenn Saga.

Team Rocket seemed less annoying (in Sinnoh)

.............I have no words.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Definitely Sinnoh. Hoenn was just plain boring, if you ask me. Kanto was awesome too but I think Sinnoh was just much more exciting. That's just me though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
While I really liked the way the story structure of DP was handled, the DP trio pretty much had no memorable dynamic at all and a lot of the contest rivals were lackluster and forgettable.

Character interaction is very important to my enjoyment of a saga, and the DP trio didn't do it for me. I don't like Best Wishes as much as DP, but Ash/Iris/Cilan completely blow the DP trio out of the water, so its more entertaining to me.

Lastly, the way DP ended was by far the most anti-climatic ending I have ever seen. Its like the writers really wanted to give DP an epic conclusion, but instead just dropped short and put together a finisher as quickly as possible. It pretty much killed the entire arc.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Hoenn.

- Ash's best team.
- Best Brock in any saga.
- May and Max were great new characters.
- Felt like a refreshing reboot of the series.
- Good gym battles.
- Intro to Pokemon Contests.
- Good Contest rivals.
- Best Pokemon League.

BlueDragonfangirl

I love every series but if I had to choose one, it'd be Hoenn. Sure Max was involved but I liked every thing else. The way May was introduced and showed how she liked contests was a really good thing. Ash was really awesome here too, he was mature and was a mentor to both Max and May and did really good with his battles. Animation was nice here too. No rivals for Ash, I was ok with cuz of how the Pokemon people worked with him in this series. Plus we fall back on May, they gave her pretty cool rivals, Drew and Harley wow. D/P would be my second favorite though, Ash/Dawn's friendship was great and Ash had one epic rival here (Paul) Well, they had a lot of good shocking twists, unlike Best Wishes which I also enjoy but.

acetrainerbob

has written:
sinnoh and honnen are a close match for me, but I personally like Sinnoh better. There was a lot more action and the rivals were really good. The villians were great, and the way the gym battles were presented kept you on the edge of your seat. Even the fillers were interesting. Plus it had very intense moments that made you want to watch more. The finale episode could've been more dramatic or epic though.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
There's gonna be lots of flaming...

And if it's not closed soon it's gonna come from me.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the right opinion is Kanto. Watch those episodes and compare them to Sinnoh. There is no comparison.

Kanto was a cartoon about Pokemon.
Sinnoh was Pokemon in cartoon form.

There is a huge difference, and it is what made Kanto so much better. It was funnier, crazier, more emotional, more touching, more special, more unique, and BETTER. It was a classic. That's why the Original Series is on Boomerang now. You will never see Sinnoh on Boomerang in a million years because it is one big advertisement. Sure, Kanto was an advertisement too, but it was a cartoon that had advertisements, not one itself.

There's gonna be lots of flaming...

And if it's not closed soon it's gonna come from me.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the right opinion is Kanto. Watch those episodes and compare them to Sinnoh. There is no comparison.

Kanto was a cartoon about Pokemon.
Sinnoh was Pokemon in cartoon form.

There is a huge difference, and it is what made Kanto so much better. It was funnier, crazier, more emotional, more touching, more special, more unique, and BETTER. It was a classic. That's why the Original Series is on Boomerang now. You will never see Sinnoh on Boomerang in a million years because it is one big advertisement. Sure, Kanto was an advertisement too, but it was a cartoon that had advertisements, not one itself.

Listen, I agree with your reasoning on why Kanto was better. The battles were more creative and there was a lot more feeling. But realize that you were also younger, and you may or may not have a bit of a nostalgia buzz right now. Personally, I liked Hoenn the best but the Kanto/Johto sagas are a close second. They still hold that place in my heart because they had the most comedy and the least (if not, none) "lolomgtypeadvantagesandabilitieslolol" things happening. So yes, they were less like the games but that doesn't mean that they're the only good ones. Different things appeal to different people. I'm sure you can at least accept that as true.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but the right opinion is Kanto.
Opinion is Opinion,it is never wrong or right,it's basically personal taste,but what I see is you are trying to rub your opinion onto every one,you feel kanto series is the best,others may not.You may hate DP because it is close to the game mechanics,others feel the opposite.

Edit after 1/2 day:-Forgot to post the main stuff.
1)I like DP because Amazing rivalry between Ash and Paul.
2)Not so amazing league but still good.( Has a very good Battle in it.)(They should have done the league better,although most people won't notice bcos of ash vs paul)
3)Team Galactic/Hunter J stuff:- Team galactic part isn't overwhelming,but when compared to other series yes,it's damn good.
4) Rivals :-I mentioned Paul separately,but even Barry,zoey and co. were awesome.
5)Evolving Pokemon:- Although I understand Ash's policy about evolving his Pokemon,I would like to see some evolutions and this series had them.
6)Contests got better :- Putting aside the contest haters,I bet lot of you will agree the contests in sinnoh were hell lot better(Too bad May,but hey you were awesome :p)

DP is very good,although BW is still in it's initial stages and I am liking it a bit,I still feel DP is better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.