• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Season 1 CotD would you like to see return?

Which Kanto CotD would you like to see return?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
As my question states, which season one character of the day would you like to see make a comeback in the near future?

For those of you who need to refresh your memory here's a list of the characters that came out in that specific season.

Personally, I'd like to see Giselle come back. I always wondered if she (and Joe) made it in the world of Pokemon training. There's other characters I'd like to see return, but I wanted to limit this poll to only having a single choice, 'cause I'm evil like that. XD

Thriller

Its almost time
Anthony, that way Primeape can kick Ash's ass for breaking the promise he made many moons ago.

I'd also like Snap (Todd) to make a comeback.

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
I wanna see A.J. come back. 100 wins? C'mon, he must be a crazy-good trainer by now.

I wonder if he still whips his Pokemon into shape...

I'll have to say Melvin. I want him to come back, because I think it would be cool to see the progress he's made since Kanto. ;3

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I'll have to say Melvin. I want him to come back, because I think it would be cool to see the progress he's made since Kanto. ;3

And don't forget, Melvin will stick some sparkly, colorful dress on Dawn when she volunteers to be his assistant.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Tommy the Kangashkan Kid, because he commands a herd of one of my favorite Pokemon.

Mikey of the Battling Eevee Brothers would've been my other choice.

Bling King

Doesn't post often
A.J. He was a hardcore guy, so I want to see what became of him.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Any of those poll choices would be great candidates, except maybe Tomo. They've done all they can with him.

Also, Rumika/Jesebelle needs to make an actual appearance other than a cameo. She did say that she would follow Kojirou to the end of the Earth, but apperently she had as much intent to follow through with her promises as Satoshi. Providing they actually keep with continuity (which is really stretching it, especially with the Rockets' past) it could provide a lot of interesting character interaction and development, and would be a lot more original than the trend of Kojirou randomly remembering yet another pokémon from his childhood (especially since they will never be as awesome as Gaa-chan anyway).

Kamex

Team Rocket's rockin
Also, Rumika/Jesebelle needs to make an actual appearance other than a cameo. She did say that she would follow Kojirou to the end of the Earth, but apperently she had as much intent to follow through with her promises as Satoshi. Providing they actually keep with continuity (which is really stretching it, especially with the Rockets' past) it could provide a lot of interesting character interaction and development, and would be a lot more original than the trend of Kojirou randomly remembering yet another pokémon from his childhood (especially since they will never be as awesome as Gaa-chan anyway).
Now that you mention it, I'd like to see James' parents again (even if it's only for another filler). The Kanto days saw good progress with Team Rocket's continuity, as the writers did devote parts of a few episodes to explaining some of their past, like "The Path to the Pokémon League", "The Bridge Bike Gang", "Holy Matrimony!", I believe "Holiday Hi-Jynx" and even "Snow Way Out" got into Jessie's past, and even, later on down the road, a special focused on their meeting (although admittedly, I thought it contradicted quite a few of those earlier episodes).

Edit: Can't forget "Go West Young Meowth", either. That episode did loads in character development for Meowth.

So of course, most of what the writers did with revealing Team Rocket's past (among other things concerning them) after Kanto was pretty disappointing, at least IMO... so, my point was, perhaps they could redeem themselves somewhat by bringing back James' father and mother, and like you said Jesebelle.

Last edited:

TheHolyShoe

I said Imite. She was always one of my favorites from Kanto and she's also the only time we get to see Metamon. Though any of these would be really cool to see too.

Profesco

gone gently
Oh, I want Duplica, too. All her episodes garauntee laughter. I'm sure there are others I'd like to see, though. At least Duplica made a couple of appearances...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh, I want Duplica, too. All her episodes garauntee laughter. I'm sure there are others I'd like to see, though. At least Duplica made a couple of appearances...

Duplica was kinda one-note though. She was just special because of Ditto, but her personality wasn't really much to talk about.