• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which series has the most “rewatch” value.

Sham

The Guardian of War
This isn’t necessarily the series you like the most but which series you’d rewatch first.

Honestly since I enjoy humor I’d probably rewatch OS and BW before I’d watch DP but I think their plots are trash all things considering compared to DP. My complete list would consist of OS>BW>DP>AG>SM>XY if we’re including the first thirty episodes of PJ; it’s a flip between that and XY quite honestly.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Gotta say OS. Origin story about the main character is always appealing to the point of rewatching again and it's not limited to the Pokemon anime, not to mention the 1990's charm and that classic 150 Pokemon song.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Kanto+OI>SM>BF>DP>BW>XY>Hoenn>Johto

I'd go with this, it is in no way indicative of which series I like more than the others, but I do think for me atleast this is accurate in rewatch value. DP is a great series which is bogged down by its formulaic fillers, esp that 8th gym badge gap. Hoenn without BF too for me is boring. Johto has too many fillers for it to be rewatchable imo as a whole. Again XY has formulaic fillers which brings it down. BW, while being my least fav series does have great fillers and humors so I can rewatch it. Kanto+OI just have a charm to them, even if I don't like them as my fav they are just so rewatchable. SM is my fav series as of now and I do think it's rewatchable, but the second year kinda brings it down, even tho the fillers thankfully aren't formulaic which adds to it's rewatch value

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think BW. It was very disappointing the first time around because we weren't expecting it. However, knowing what it already is, lets you watch it through a different lens. What I realized the second time I watched it, which I just never noticed the first time because I was expecting DP-tier plot, is how funny BW is.

In all honesty? Rewatching through a 14o+ episode series or something sounds something that would bore the hell out of me

Whenever I've rewatched Pokémon, I've not ever binged. I've usually watched one episode each night right before bed, especially in my old apartment which had the perfect setup for this since my TV was in my bedroom. Sometimes if an episode has an interesting cliffhanger like a 2-parter, and I'm not super-sleepy yet, I've watched multiple in one night. But by doing this, it's not ever felt boring because it's not like the boredom that can come from continuous hours on end of binging something, it also doesn't feel like it takes up much time or is anything I have to fit into my schedule in any way, it's just basically like going to bed 20 mins later than I otherwise would have. It also makes it easy to remember if I do it like that. Overall, it takes let's say 4-6 months to rewatch a series in this way, and it's quite fun. It also helps me remember distinct episodes better than I would if I just binged and everything blurred together.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
BW & XY. DP is my favorite but I can’t deny the sheer amount of strenuous filler bogging it down; BW & XY are digestible & enjoyable enough to sit through a rewatch. I’d go for BW more personally, as everybody already knows its problems and I can just rewatch it for the humor (some of the best filler comes from Unova) and occasionally great battles without overanalyzing. I have both strong positive/negative feelings on XY so that’d make it a bit more complicated.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
For me, it's Kanto+Orange Islands first, followed by Sun and Moon. For Kanto, it's because it was the first and the things done there were, and to me, still are, fresh and the Orange Islands was where Ash won his first "League" competition, even if it was just a final battle against Drake. And for Sun and Moon, it was the saga where Ash won his first Game League and defended it, if not officially, then in the minds of many viewers, when he beat Kukui in the exhibition match. Each of those sagas mark historic moments for the Pokémon animé and were pretty fun sagas to watch as well.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
In all honesty? Rewatching through a 14o+ episode series or something sounds something that would bore the hell out of me

This.

I wouldn't feel in the mood to do that even for the series I really like such as BW and XY

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'm rewatching AG and having a really good time. Granted I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to the Battle Frontier because of the voice changes that always bugged me...(i actually skipped most of Battle Frontier, so there's new episodes I haven't even seen).

Note: I haven't finished watching XY or SM and probably won't. I may watch SM because I actually really enjoyed it I just lost interest keeping up every week.

Kanto > AG > Orange Islands> BW > DP > Johto

DP is good but other than the rivalries I find it a bit boring to try and rewatch.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'm rewatching AG and having a really good time. Granted I don't know what I'm going to do when I get to the Battle Frontier because of the voice changes that always bugged me...(i actually skipped most of Battle Frontier, so there's new episodes I haven't even seen).

Note: I haven't finished watching XY or SM and probably won't. I may watch SM because I actually really enjoyed it I just lost interest keeping up every week.

Kanto > AG > Orange Islands> BW > DP > Johto

DP is good but other than the rivalries I find it a bit boring to try and rewatch.

I do think you would enjoy binge watching SM much more than just waiting every week for it, watching the second year episodes at once made me appreciate them , if I had waited every week for one I may have grown more angry about the fillers but watching it together was really fun

RafaSceptile

OS and SM because they have the best filler episodes on average, which means that they can be enjoyed even knowing what is going to happen. In contrast, XY would probably be the least rewatchable, much of the hype that occurred during the series finale is lost knowing how things happened, especially the Kalos League.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Battle Frontier. Ash at his greatest and every character had an episode that greatly displayed their character, May continued having a great rivalry with Drew and Harley, and Solidad was a great addition that didn't feel at all forced(unlike Alain)
The movies were some of the series greatest as well, and there wasn't any "UGH!" filler
I'm sad that Ash never got to do the Sinnoh variant, it really felt like it was headed that way for a moment. I hope he gets to at least fight Palmer properly in the future

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Kanto with OI, DP, BW without Decolore XY and BF.
But when it comes to rank I would say: XY > BF >DP > Kanto with OI > BW without DI.
But without a rewatch value aka seen it once and very likely AMVs or bits of episodes are remaining series or parts of series which goes in a rank: AG > SM > Johto > Decolore Islands