• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which series has the most “rewatch” value.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
And I would still never deem Alain a rival.
“A person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity”. One of mans motivations for competing in a whole a league and gaining badges was battling Ash.

Epicocity

Fair enough. While the kalos league loss does suck to me and in hindsight I still don't like it, it really doesn't matter to me in terms of character payoffs in the end. What irked me was that personally I wasn't a big fan of how Serena was handled compared to the potential she had, greninjas ultimate arc resolution and Alain's arc resolution, although the team flare arc was cool to watch. I also didn't like how Clemont didn't have much focus after his gym battle with ash but thank god he wasn't as irrelevant as DP Brock. SM definitely never tried to be as ambitious as XY was in its storytelling but for me that's not necessarily a bad thing as personally XY's ambition couldn't live up to the mark and the hype ultimately disappointed me in the end, I don't dislike it tho and the series is fun. Also I still really like Yajima, especially the movie work he's doing. For me personally ig since SM's payoffs didn't disappoint me and it was fun to watch and had a lot of cute moments, I just find it more rewatchable ig, it really puts a big smile on my face and is just wholesome.

And that's fair. Just from a writing perspective, I think it was tightly done, if bound by executives. Not to say I don't have critiques. Clemont's frontloading is a big issue for the series, though it's partially made up for thanks to the Flare arc, and I'm known enough for my praise of Serena's arc (with light caveats like thinking it could have started about 10 episodes earlier or had more Showcases, which is, again, time constraint on the latter) and appreciating how it was handled. But this is irrelevant to the topic. I think all the little things that filter to the story make it a rewatch. Heck, a group of friends and I did a whole rewatch of it and gained a greater appreciation.

“A person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity”. One of mans motivations for competing in a whole a league and gaining badges was battling Ash.

I mean, if we're using the loosest definition, sure. But Alain wanted to beat Ash, while Ash wanted to win the League. They're not rivals in the traditional sense like...almost every other rival in the series. Hence why I consider Alain differently, especially since his main goal of the series at that point (saving Chespie) has nothing to do with Ash, and he's just this guy who reignites a passion for battle.

RafaSceptile

And that's fair. Just from a writing perspective, I think it was tightly done, if bound by executives. Not to say I don't have critiques. Clemont's frontloading is a big issue for the series, though it's partially made up for thanks to the Flare arc, and I'm known enough for my praise of Serena's arc (with light caveats like thinking it could have started about 10 episodes earlier or had more Showcases, which is, again, time constraint on the latter) and appreciating how it was handled. But this is irrelevant to the topic. I think all the little things that filter to the story make it a rewatch. Heck, a group of friends and I did a whole rewatch of it and gained a greater appreciation.

I mean, if we're using the loosest definition, sure. But Alain wanted to beat Ash, while Ash wanted to win the League. They're not rivals in the traditional sense like...almost every other rival in the series. Hence why I consider Alain differently, especially since his main goal of the series at that point (saving Chespie) has nothing to do with Ash, and he's just this guy who reignites a passion for battle.

He wanted to Battle Ash (he won twice before the league) because, well....reasons, but that is the problem with Alain as a rival. His rivalry development was rushed and at the cost of some Sawyer's protagonism, who was a way more interesting rival.
That is something that didn't happen with Kukui, because both Kukui and Gladion got a proper rivalry development and at some extend, character development, and their battles is only the culmination of their characters, but they did things besides of Battles, unlike Alain (unless you include some of the MES' Development)

RafaSceptile

Lmao this dude changed his profile text to "F*ck SM and its fanbase".
Imagine hating so much a kodomo anime (kids show).

Returning to the topic of this thread, I feel like BW has some interesting rewatch value, not in terms of the story, but in terms of the enjoyment, its filler isn't as boring and it is a bit more creative than its prequel and sequel, and I think it was funny on both intentional and unintentional ways.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You little sh*ts wanna go on that b*tch boy's profile and talk sh*t to me after what he was just doing on here and repeatedly did in other threads,alright.You all can go f*ck yourselves.
Okay let's do a summary here
You: Uses slurs, tells people to kill themselves because of a series they like, constantly uses swears against others
Me: States it's silly of you to rank SM based on rewatch value when u haven't even watched it whole once

Yeah totally comparable man. Ig it's a crime to prefer SM over AG and DP. Grow up and stop being so petty, it's amusing

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
You little sh*ts wanna go on that b*tch boy's profile and talk sh*t to me after what he was just doing on here and repeatedly did in other threads,alright.You all can go f*ck yourselves.
Imagine getting this mad about someone's opinion on a children's show based on a children's game about children using fictional creatures to fight the fictional creatures of other children.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye

My dick can't bend that way tho

Bro you got challenged to expand on your claims and instead decided to take potshots in his wall over Sun and Moon???? And you think you have the right to complain that you're getting clowned on???

I haven't fully watched some of these either mind you, I gave up on BW like you did with SM but I ain't gonna go on a batshit tirade like you because it's THE POKEMON ANIME. WHO THE HELL CARES???

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I don't want to ruin your thread. I don't watch the anime much. However if someone's gonna parade their bad attitude it's not like I can stop myself from calling em out
Um it’s fine I guess but that mod is gonna come here and locked this thread

RafaSceptile

Um it’s fine I guess but that mod is gonna come here and locked this thread

If I was banned a week by saying that Katie is a Character without any Character Development by "trolling" (i still don't know how the heck is that trolling), that dude should get banner instead of locked a thread when before of his appearence it was a sanely discussion

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Is there subbed one?
Not sure. I've not watched it. But I've heard it doesn't have the same humor and especially Pokéshipping which was heaviest in OI, as the 4kids version.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
They may not like pokeshipping, although when it comes to OS I can never imagine not watching it dubbed :p
I don't necessarily mean being a supporter of that ship, just the fact that the way 4kids did it in OI added a lot of humor. I feel like even people who hate the ship probably find those 4kids PokéShipping moments in OI hilarious. On the other hand I've heard the Japanese doesn't have those moments, without which I can't imagine OI being nearly as entertaining or funny