• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Shipping do you think has the the maximum capacity to be Canon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navin

MALDREAD
XD Again, did you read those lyrics man? http://pearlshipping-datacore.webnode.com/news/high-touch1/ (Oh no not a Pearlshipping website, how could I haha)

Yeah, I know. You could interpret it as platonic as well.

And it's not like I didn't rank it altogether. The first three are hard to top.

But did they sing a duet together? Anyway that opening was from the Hoenn region era, more specifically the Battle Frontier, before Ash met Dawn. Also, it's Spurt, not Squirt lol

Kek, yes my bad.

BJack

Zura
geez am i the only one who loves ash and iris? when they argue ash has an expression like he really wants to get along with her and iris is passionate and... eh... pretty?! (im only on the seventh episode lol dammit you cant expect me to pull out their marriage certificate)

the point is, i ship them and ash/cilan/iris is my favourite trio in the whole world of worlds :DD

I like it too but it has zero canon potential.

ChloboShoka

Writer
Rocketshipping and Wishfulshipping are pairings that I think have a nice chance of being canon. I think because we always see them together and I think both couples have some nice hints and a nice fanbase.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Yeah, I know. You could interpret it as platonic as well.

And it's not like I didn't rank it altogether. The first three are hard to top.
Pokeshipping was cool back when we had no idea how long Pokemon would run for, but with every new generation, it gets left in the dust imo.

Kek, yes my bad.
Come on, step it up Nah I'm just messing with ya, it's a simple mistake

HoundoomFan

shy shipper
geez am i the only one who loves ash and iris? when they argue ash has an expression like he really wants to get along with her and iris is passionate and... eh... pretty?! (im only on the seventh episode lol dammit you cant expect me to pull out their marriage certificate)

the point is, i ship them and ash/cilan/iris is my favourite trio in the whole world of worlds :DD

I love it! One of my favorite ash x main girl ships(if not my favorite)! Even though bw is far from my favorite (as well as dawn being my favorite pokegirl), i liked how well they got along and like that they are similar in some areas, but different enough so they can balance each other out and still get along believably.

I like it too but it has zero canon potential.
...how? Cuz they got along so well...? I'd say it has plenty of canon potential imo... though not the most out of the ash ships.

*Iris is one of the pokegirls ash got along so well with
*at least iris seemed interested in him, as in the beginning she followed him around and give an interested stare with his fight in his first gym match
* iris is only one so far have an actual real date with ash, as she spent most the day alone together with both enjoying their time
*seems to have the most healthiest arguments, with them making it up to each other best they can
*iris didn't seem to be interested in or will be with anyone else (misty might have developed feelings for tracey, may & drew seem like they could be a thing, dawn had Conway & Kenny whose interested in her, only iris & serena are without guys for them). Not saying this well make it canon though lol

@op:
luckshipping seems like they could at least date as they both where attracted to each other. Ether that or one of brock's dream come true, he'll get a nurse joy, as he's a pokemon doctor now lol.

OrangeShipping seems like another possibility, as misty seems to spend a lot of time with Tracey going on what prof. Oak said, and misty seemed to be a lot more tolerable with him than ash or brock. Though from what I've heard... Misty is never going to be focoused upon again, and they really never seemed to care that much for tracey, so nevermind.

Contestshipping also seems like a good bet as both may and drew seemed to like each other.

Neoshipping as they Cassidy & butch got along great and worked well together.

All I can think of atm...

Blastoys

Blastoise Fanatic
I am an eternal Advanceshipper. But I think it will be RocketShipping. If the writers show some cojones and have Ash show he has feelings for Serena then Amourshipping. I doubt that because a few weeks ago at an anime convention Veronica Taylor the voice actress of May and Ash said(in response to a questioner saying that Ash is paired with May and other characters) that Ash just wants to become a Pokemon Master and doesn't notice those feelings like love.

So that is a big blow to Ash ships atm. She wouldn't say that without input from the writers.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
I have to say, I can't see any pairing becoming canon the way the show is looking right now. It's a kids show, I can't see them exploring romance, to be honest.

But if I'm honest, I'm kinda surprised Rocketshipping hasn't become canon by this point. Jessie and James have been together since the very first episode and they're still together, even after all this time. It's kind of hard to deny that they don't have chemistry.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I have to say, I can't see any pairing becoming canon the way the show is looking right now. It's a kids show, I can't see them exploring romance, to be honest.

But if I'm honest, I'm kinda surprised Rocketshipping hasn't become canon by this point. Jessie and James have been together since the very first episode and they're still together, even after all this time. It's kind of hard to deny that they don't have chemistry.
I completely agree.Pokemon,being a kids anime,won't make shippings canon.But what actually interests me is that Rocketshipping is already canon in the manga.Obviously one cannot expect Jessie to get pregnant and stuff that happened in the manga on here,but maybe we can expect something like Jessie and James confessing their feelings for eachother and quitting Team rocket to live happily ever after.They are together since the first episode and still they are.hopefully they are dating eachother,hm,maybe.
Talking about ash ships,honestly,none of them will ever become canon IMO.I don't see Ash interested in anybody.But still I would like Negaishipping to be canon.They got along with each other so well. :D
Brock seriously needs a partner as well,maybe Nurse joy.I would also like to see Gary ending up with somebody but I don't see that happening.

Last edited:

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.

This. With Sun and Moon revealed, assuming that these are indeed the first Gen 7 games, Amourshipping has lost a lot of its potential to become canon. I'd also agree that there's no reason that Rocketshipping won't eventually go canon, though it most likely won't happen until their story is ready to close. That won't happen though I think until Ash's story is about to end as well.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
After watching the dance episode of XY, I just don't think any Ash shipping will end up canon. I do ship amoushipping, and as much as I would love to see it happen, I just don't think it will. I never understood (back in pokeshipping times when Misty was on the show) I think it was Shudo who stated pairing up Ash with someone would be like putting too much spice in a soup. Never understood that, but now I kinda do.

Having Ash in a relationship with anyone would seem very forced. It's just that it's Ash's personality. He's not the kinda guy to understand girls and dating isn't his lifestyle. And trust me, there are guys like Ash. (I would know, I recently dated someone who was like Ash and it did NOT work out) IRRELEVANT but anyways, that's MY say on Ash, and other's are welcomed to have their own opinion :)

I do think a Serena ship will be canon because that is her personality, and as much as she likes Ash, it's going to be harder for her due to that reason. I think the ship that had the most chances of being canon was

Contestshipping.

Shadao

Aim to be a Pokémon Master
While Jessie and James have been together since the beginning, it is a bit ambiguous as to whether or not they see each other as lovers or just platonic partners. It's the type of ambiguity you sort of see in other Pokémon couple potentials such as Ash and Misty or Ash and Dawn. It can go either way. As a result I would say that two ships that I know of would have maximum capacity for canon: Amourshipping and Contestshipping.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
After watching the dance episode of XY, I just don't think any Ash shipping will end up canon. I do ship amoushipping, and as much as I would love to see it happen, I just don't think it will. I never understood (back in pokeshipping times when Misty was on the show) I think it was Shudo who stated pairing up Ash with someone would be like putting too much spice in a soup. Never understood that, but now I kinda do.

Having Ash in a relationship with anyone would seem very forced. It's just that it's Ash's personality. He's not the kinda guy to understand girls and dating isn't his lifestyle. And trust me, there are guys like Ash. (I would know, I recently dated someone who was like Ash and it did NOT work out) IRRELEVANT but anyways, that's MY say on Ash, and other's are welcomed to have their own opinion :)

I do think a Serena ship will be canon because that is her personality, and as much as she likes Ash, it's going to be harder for her due to that reason. I think the ship that had the most chances of being canon was

Contestshipping.

You and me both. I love Amourshipping and it pains me to say this but I think it's going to end up like every other Ash/Main Girl ship. I always felt like this but SM being announced last week, it made it painfully clear that Ash is going to leave Kalos after he loses the legue and goes to the new region. Serena is probably going to lose to Aria for the title of Kalos Queen so she's probably going to stay in Kalos to try again to become Kalos Queen. They always do that and I don't think it'll be any different with Serena.

Plus, like you said, Ash is so dense. I can't see them going that direction with him, tbh. They had a big opportunity when DP ended to make Pearlshipping become canon and did they? Nope. It's pretty obvious that Amourshipping is going to suffer the same fate.

Oh, I see. I personally don't call a shipping canon until its members are actually in a romantic relationship.

I agree completely. They did confess to each other but nothing ever happened after that, which kind of annoys me. If they confess, they should be together, IMO. But that's just me.

Not sure if I may answer here, but let's go for it.

In my eyes, the most likely shipping is the Amour Shipping.

First it's based in France, the country of LOVE and Fashion. I mean, if they would not make a love story in it, Pokémon seriously need to get a trip to France, fast.
Second, in the game, you have one of the most romantic moments ever, like, when you watch fireworks with the girl. I mean, can't it be more, France like.

Then the stuff in animes, it's just a to long list to talk about. Blushes, confessed interest to other characters, the past those 2 had, the fact ASH asked here instead of some weird reason. Ash did also cause here to have a new interest.
And we can go on.

But we will see how it will end. I think like with all other shippings. It will just end with no word ever again about it. It's sad, because I really LOVE this shipping a lot. Mean, I didn't turn to this forum with the other shippings, even if I am a member for quite some time now.

Bahmo

Arguably FatherlyShipping (Janine X Falkner) has come close to canon. Of all the shippings inspired by adaptations that could have ascended to the games, one simply based on a cute-but-short conversation in Pokemon Special seems a rather strange one to get picked to put in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but there you go.

Franticshipping is the one I hope gets to be canon, because it's obvious that Ruby and Sapphire being in love with each other are the logical counterpoint to the dualist nature of much of the rest of Hoenn, which caused the region's conflict, and also because I just want to see the characters have a happy ending.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd call shippings of Ash Ketchum with any past girl rather unlikely to be pursued any further.

Last edited:

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Arguably FatherlyShipping (Janine X Falkner) has come close to canon. Of all the shippings inspired by adaptations that could have ascended to the games, one simply based on a cute-but-short conversation in Pokemon Special seems a rather strange one to get picked to not to in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, but there you go.

Franticshipping is the one I hope gets to be canon, because it's obvious that Ruby and Sapphire being in love with each other are the logical counterpoint to the dualist nature of much of the rest of Hoenn, which caused the region's conflict, and also because I just want to see the characters have a happy ending.

I thought Franticshipping was canon. Anyways, most of the manga part of the Pokemon franchise have heavily implied shippings.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'd call shippings of Ash Ketchum with any past girl rather unlikely to be pursued any further.

true, but that hasn't stopped shippers before and it probably never will.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Rocketshipping and Eldershipping. I know one of the writers said that Oak "takes care of [Delia] like a father" but honestly, you don't get embarrassed to be seen at the beach by the kid of someone you consider a daughter.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
Rocketshipping and Eldershipping. I know one of the writers said that Oak "takes care of [Delia] like a father" but honestly, you don't get embarrassed to be seen at the beach by the kid of someone you consider a daughter.

Umm..I wouldn't consider that a shipping moment. Just the writers being a little bit too much.

Rocketshipping I failed to mention. I do agree with you there though. I feel like if they did have to leave the show it would to get married or something tasteful like that.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Umm..I wouldn't consider that a shipping moment. Just the writers being a little bit too much.

Rocketshipping I failed to mention. I do agree with you there though. I feel like if they did have to leave the show it would to get married or something tasteful like that.

Rocketshipping is canon in the Manga but seeing that the anime is loosely based on the Manga,I don't think they'll get married.But at least they can confess their feelings for each other,quit Team rocket and live together. :)

Kiryn

Personally, I also agree that no Ash ship will ever be canon, simply because the writers seem to want to keep him as an eternal 10 year old, and love the status quo too much to allow that big of an upset to happen. That being said, there isn't really an Ash pairing that I dislike, either, so if a miracle happened and one did become canon, I think I'd be fine with any of them.

However, if I had to put my oar out, and if (Western?) society's heterosexist/heteronormative biases could be shed, then the pairing that I think has good canon potential is Diode, because even having watched most of the anime (excluding the newest XY(&Z) episodes), I have NEVER seen Ash so into another person like he is with Clemont. I mean, honestly, before XY, did Ash ever truly care this much about science? Combine that with all the hugging, blushing on Clemont's part, them steadily sleeping closer and closer together, and how much they both go on about how the other inspires them....ugh, the cuteness is slaying me.

Other canon potential ships are probably Rocket and Contest, a bit of Orange, and maaaaaybe Penguin, if only because in Kenny's last episode they did shoe-horn in the tiniest amount of reciprocation from Dawn, even if she did technically choose Ash over him. And game-wise, I think Shauna's dialogue hardly changed at all, no matter the player's gender, so there are some romantic overtones for both Shauna/Serena and Shauna/Calem. Plus, I think ORAS was really pushing the romance for May/Brendan.

Just my two cents, anyway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.