• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which shipping(s) do you not understand? READ THE FIRST POST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shinnie-tan

I actually don't understand how people ship Ash with anyone at his current maturity level. To me Ash is way too immature currently to hold a relationship, and I was wondering how you guys think about this opinion? If you disagree with me then why, and if you agree how do you get around it?
I think most people get around it by either a) ignoring that fact in Ash's personality altogether b) by aging him up appropriately so he could hold a relationship with someone.

While I ship quite a bit, I haven't actually written anything about Ash yet - but personally, his emotional immaturity when it comes to relationship can be actually quite fun when writing a story and forcing him to jump through all these hurdles and hit giant road blocks. His 'love interest' of course, would have to have the patience of a saint and help Ash become more mature when it comes to romance and such.

For the people wondering about Gymshipping: I think it's because they have a pretty good friendship with each other and unlike the other two girls, Misty is pretty close to Brock's level of maturity. Friendship, is the key here I think. Misty seems like someone who would, after growing up, would want a guy who is a mature, kind sort of person and Brock needs someone who can keep him in line I guess?

Last edited:

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
I actually don't understand how people ship Ash with anyone at his current maturity level. To me Ash is way too immature currently to hold a relationship, and I was wondering how you guys think about this opinion? If you disagree with me then why, and if you agree how do you get around it?

I think most of us focus on the friendship between Ash and Misty/May/Dawn/whoever. He has shown jealousy over Misty, at least, maybe the others, I don't know. So it's like... he thinks of her as being special, at least to the extent that he doesn't want her to like anyone else like that. But otherwise he doesn't think about. A lot of Ash shipping revolves around Ash figuring out his feelings. My idea was that he could admit that he liked Misty if he did, but they still wouldn't be ready to have a romantic relationship. I mean, they know they like each other, but they wait to actually do something about it. Does that make any sense?

Snoopy

pokeshipping newbie
can someone help explain why pearlshipping is so popular?

before i became a shipper, when i was deciding between the 3 main Ash ships, I noticed that pearlshipping relied on very weak hints compared to the other 2 major ships, like dawn saying something to ash in a caring voice, trading pokemon, saving each other from death or high fiving. the first thing that came to my mind was "omg am i gay?" because i do the same with all my guy friends (high fiving etc) (except saving from death because that kind of thing is kinda rare.)

their relationship may and can grow into a full blown romance in the future, but at the moment, i have not any single stable hint of romance or even infatuation (feel free to correct me). unless concrete evidence like some of the good pokeshipping or contestshipping hints occur soon as it has been really late into the dp saga already and a "friendship developing into love" ship requires lots of time

examples of concrete shipping evidence (in my opinion) include: party A checking out party B, party A shows jealousy when party B shows signs of attraction to party C or obvious romantic gestures like roses as een in contestshipping.

anyway, this is probably biased because i decided to support pokeshipping, but can someone answer my question?

Last edited:

adrenaline

sensible hearts
can someone help explain why pearlshipping is so popular?

before i became a shipper, when i was deciding between the 3 main Ash ships, I noticed that pearlshipping relied on very weak hints compared to the other 2 major ships, like dawn saying something to ash in a caring voice, trading pokemon, saving each other from death or high fiving. the first thing that came to my mind was "omg am i gay?" because i do the same with all my guy friends (high fiving etc) (except saving from death because that kind of thing is kinda rare.)

their relationship may and can grow into a full blown romance in the future, but at the moment, i have not any single stable hint of romance or even infatuation (feel free to correct me). unless concrete evidence like some of the good pokeshipping or contestshipping hints occur soon as it has been really late into the dp saga already and a "friendship developing into love" ship requires lots of time

examples of concrete shipping evidence (in my opinion) include: party A checking out party B, party A shows jealousy when party B shows signs of attraction to party C or obvious romantic gestures like roses as een in contestshipping.

anyway, this is probably biased because i decided to support pokeshipping, but can someone answer my question?

Ash and Dawn are remarkably similar, in their backgrounds and as trainers/coordinators. Plus, Dawn is noticeably concerned with Ash's career: During battles, after losses, etc.

Maybe that helps.

Snoopy

pokeshipping newbie
thats exectly the kind of thing that made me feel pearlshipping as 'weaker" compared to the other ash ships as because of those kind of "friendship" hints are almost all there is.

you dont tell me that you do not care for your friends after they fail an exam? plus similarities in backgrounds do not make any difference.

but if i see dawn blushing at a comment that she and ash might be bf/gf, then i would be more inclined to believe it to pearlshipping to come through. but currently, i dont understand the "drive" behind pearlshipping.

the writers of pokemon are capable of some romance as in morpheusshipping, angie is seen blushing towards ash and her parents make remarks that they could make ash angie's husband. a clear reference to romance. thus, it seems unlikely they have not considered a romance between the ash and dawn.

Last edited:

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
I came here to look for this help ..... Well I kinda don't get Ikarishipping , I mean I don't understand any detail of it . I can't see any hints of it either =/ . I have tried to support it but always end up not getting it . So can someone kindly help me get to understand Ikarishipping ? . I will gladly appreciate it .

Hiya I am a big ikarishipper (I lead the Ikari thread actually x3) so I might help a bit there even if your post a bit old now x3

If you're watching the anime only I can see why you don't get it, because there aren't as you said it, real "hints".
I'd rather call them moments even if there are just a few of them (meant by the scenarists or not we'll never know) which a lot of ikarishipper find cute/funny ^^
For example in Roark's Gym they did have a real interaction and that's what started it all.

Rather that focusing of the anime to understand Ikari, (DP being quite shippingless xD) maybe you should give the fandom a shot, that's what makes Ikari a quite popular ship and keeps it going.

I, personally, and I think most ikarishippers as well, don't care about the anime, we just like Dawn and Paul and the potential they could have.

Ikarishippers believe that it has endless possibilities, that's probably why there are like 470 ikari fanfictions on ff.net, it is inspiring for some people. (I don't wanna bash anything but to make a comparison there are only 74 Penguin fics oO )

The contrast between them makes it appealing but the lack of evidence leaves the fans with no other choice than creating stories/videos/art ect to make it up for it , that's why it has a huge fandom ^^

Try watching an amv on youtube or read a fanfiction you may ba able to get it then :3

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Hiya I am a big ikarishipper (I lead the Ikari thread actually x3) so I might help a bit there even if your post a bit old now x3

If you're watching the anime only I can see why you don't get it, because there aren't as you said it, real "hints".
I'd rather call them moments even if there are just a few of them (meant by the scenarists or not we'll never know) which a lot of ikarishipper find cute/funny ^^
For example in Roark's Gym they did have a real interaction and that's what started it all.

Rather that focusing of the anime to understand Ikari, (DP being quite shippingless xD) maybe you should give the fandom a shot, that's what makes Ikari a quite popular ship and keeps it going.

I, personally, and I think most ikarishippers as well, don't care about the anime, we just like Dawn and Paul and the potential they could have.

Ikarishippers believe that it has endless possibilities, that's probably why there are like 470 ikari fanfictions on ff.net, it is inspiring for some people. (I don't wanna bash anything but to make a comparison there are only 74 Penguin fics oO )

The contrast between them makes it appealing but the lack of evidence leaves the fans with no other choice than creating stories/videos/art ect to make it up for it , that's why it has a huge fandom ^^

Try watching an amv on youtube or read a fanfiction you may ba able to get it then :3

Lulz now this is something I was waiting for XP . So thanks a lot for this ^^ I really appreciate this. Maybe that's the reason why I haven't get the ship that much . So I ma try to do the things you suggested there , once again thanks =).

SceptileFan

I AM RACCOON MAN
I've never understood Palletshipping. I mean, Ash and Gary are rivals/friends, but that doesn't make sense to me how they can be gay with each other. Ash doesn't seem like the homosexual type, and neither does Gary (I mean he has hot cheerleaders following him around for the entire 2 first seasons). Can somebody explain how they think this could work?

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>
I think Cynthia would be a good role model for Dawn: she's a sinnoh champ, good looking and someone Dawn can aspire to.

woah, that's actually a really good point. :3 She would bring out Dawn's inner fangirl XD

I actually don't understand how people ship Ash with anyone at his current maturity level. To me Ash is way too immature currently to hold a relationship, and I was wondering how you guys think about this opinion? If you disagree with me then why, and if you agree how do you get around it? I've actually really always been curious about this since I just can't see Ash with anyone because of this although Poke/Advanced/Pearl shipping seems quite popular. (I'm not denying the hints for these pairings at all though just to stop out unnecessary wank)

Well, that's exactly what makes it fun XD We imagine how other characters would manipulate and interact with Ash because of this and find shippings that much more exciting because of it. Ash would be the cutest Uke in yaoi, for example, because semes would adore his dense and playfull-ness. In ships like pearlshipping, how they are at the same level, its funny to think about the things they would say as a couple and the things they would do!

We use that as a tool to move forward rather than a barrier. Plus, we all know that Ash is never gonna date anyone...at least that's what it seems like now. And most of the time, we don't care if he can have a stable relationship, we just consider how he is for another character and how that character is for him. Not if the relationship would work out after it's began or not.

I hope I helped. :3

~riolulu

Orenji-chan

magmajewel is love.
I do not understand OldRivalshipping at all. I know this pairing in particular is very popular but I do not see any evidence when I read the manga. However, I do understand that they are opposites and that seems to work very well in manga/anime (overall). But overall, I do not understand why OldRivalshipping is so popular and what its hints are. So if someone could explain them to me, that would be fantastic! :)

Lunanight

:3 Well, that's exactly what makes it fun XD We imagine how other characters would manipulate and interact with Ash because of this and find shippings that much more exciting because of it. Ash would be the cutest Uke in yaoi, for example, because semes would adore his dense and playfull-ness. In ships like pearlshipping, how they are at the same level, its funny to think about the things they would say as a couple and the things they would do!

We use that as a tool to move forward rather than a barrier. Plus, we all know that Ash is never gonna date anyone...at least that's what it seems like now. And most of the time, we don't care if he can have a stable relationship, we just consider how he is for another character and how that character is for him. Not if the relationship would work out after it's began or not.

I hope I helped. :3

~riolulu

what about the latias in the 5th movie?, or was it the girl because it could of been latias manipulating ash

by the way, what is altoshipping?

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I do not understand GirlPowershipping [Cynthia x Dawn] at all. In my opinion, Cynthia is way too old for Dawn, and as far as I'm concerned, there are no hints...

anyone care to explain other than "oh they are hot together"?

~riolulu

Well, too be honest, many people are willing to understand girlpowershipping and making both Cynthia and Dawn a great couple regarding age. Speaking of age, some people dislike young/old couples in any shippings and it grosses them out, but it's their opinion, and it's something like this:

Dracomaster16 said:
hey witchan why do you support gay shippng. And glacia is too old to make out with phoebe. Anyway piz dont put lesbian quotes in your sign. It just looks wrong and it makes people think you are a lesbian yourself! I'm not protesting but if strict heterosexuals see this, you will have a gang after you so b careful.

At your service

-Dracomaster16​

Yeah, it happens.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I'm so pumped from making a Pokeshipping AMV that I am READY to answer this \o/
So, obviously, whatever Ash ship you support, you have to admit that Ash is an idiot when it comes to romance. Although he's gotten more mature with Pokemon, his girl/boy/whatever radar is very much nonexistant. What shippers hope will happen is for Ash to one day "see the light", open his eyes and say "crap i love soandso!" *cough*MISTY*cough*
Saying that, some Ash/person shippers (in order to figure out who Ash leans the most toward romantically/crushingly/slightly-might-like) will review how Ash interacts with certain people. For example (AHH POKESHIPPING ATTACK) in the beginnings of the show Ash was jealous when Misty liked 2 of the Orange Island gym leaders/they had interest in her, is very possesive about her stuff (the lure), he was also hinted by other people liking Misty (Tracey@Love, Pokemon Style, Nurse Joy@Electric Showdown and Rudy@Misty Meets Her Match), his extreme protectiveness over her when she made cameos(@The Princess and the Togepi! & Pokemon 4Ever) and although there's not much else, we (thaaa pokeshippers) believe he's shown the MOST potential toward Misty.
But of course, that's just an example :) did i mention the producers originally planned the first pokemon movie to be the ending of the show and Misty to be Ash's baby momma? <3

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Well, too be honest, many people are willing to understand girlpowershipping and making both Cynthia and Dawn a great couple regarding age. Speaking of age, some people dislike young/old couples in any shippings and it grosses them out, but it's their opinion, and it's something like this:

Yeah, it happens.

well, ill have a gang after me then. i dont get why there are "lesbian" shippings in the first place. pokemon dosnt need that stuff. why? cuz pokemon is epic and dosnt need that dirty stuff. like me ofc. :p

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
How is that "dirty"? At least any more than any other sort of ship anyway (which admittedly can get pretty dirty but hey).

There are lesbian ships because lesbians exist. It only stands to reason they would also exist in Pokémon.

Yeti

Banned
And I know Yeti's going to see this as something personal but really the mentions of them just reminded me. I really don't get Cyrus/Mars. Mars is violent and loves blowing stuff up as a means of basic problem solving, while he seems to abhor violence and take it, when necessary (and he never denies that it's necessary for his goals), as a heavy undertaking. She's far too casual about things for someone who wants to eliminate hatred and war.
No I don't take things on a Pokemon forum as personal enslaughts unlike some.
;107;
Cyrus x Mars is the single-most hinted TG ship it has no opposition 8|
Mars is obviously mentally ill and probably just as psychopathic as Cyrus. They get along well in their delusions together and though they have slightly different kicks for removing the inferior humans it is their goal to destroy everyone since they are weak.
If Cyrus really did have a problem with her methods she wouldn't be a commander or in the organization at all. He is quite content to allow her to be herself and he never seems to mind it.
The ship is like Contestshipping...... you just can't deny it's canon even though you were never slapped in the face with a cricket bat inscribed saying "it's canon".

Me neither, but for a different reason(I ship Akatsuki so I'm fond with opposite attract pairings). I don't see any possible romance.

Also, Jupiter/Saturn.
The point of the ship isn't 'romance' it is pure uncensored sex trolloling it up. Anything with Cyrus would be hard-pressed to consider romantic as opposed to physically-motivated or drawn from his mental instabilities.
Cyrus and Mars get along swimmingly there is no reason why a relationship between them wouldn't work out.

Saturn on Jupiter is the ultimate in shipping. It is just above everything else in life it is a true gr8 capable of uniting the masses as it sweeps the nations 8]
Also they're the left-over commanders not mentally troubled and on Cyrus' nuts in DP and they're the opposite gender and this is Pokemon so it works yay

Well, exactly as you said. Fandom interpretation. The way you interpret Mars and Cyrus is different to say my interpretation. I don't deny that Mars is very devoted to Big Boss Man and wanting to please him but I don't see Akagi feeling anything for any of his commanders, only expecting that they fill out their given tasks with no mistakes at all. And that sort of thing is definitely something that hinders a twosided affair for any Akagi pairings, imo.
He isn't supposed to feel anything for her that ruins the magic 8]
It is just Cyrus on Mars on desk psychopathic ragesex fuming as the desk beneath them buckles sadly.
Not to mention she is young and capable of bearing his children as opposed to Saturn who is a male and Jupiter who is older than Mars and thus will be leaving the peak breeding age sooner. Also she would have less energy and live a shorter time than Mars who would be best to provide for his spawn.
Unless of course............. they're black panthered

I will make it my goal to reply to the rest of your replies to my reply asap however I am not at my home currently thus unwilling to reply to you to the best of my abilities - something I feel you deserve typing all that.

One-sided. (more of a creepy obsessive obsession ...rather than TRUE LOVE btw.)
Hun, Mars is obviously very emotionally screwed up, especially after what happened. BUT SUICIDE LOL?
Come to think about it, I never saw Cyrus favor any of his commanders over the other. So to say he favors his loli is just putting some false words out.
But Mars is going to be fine in her jail cell, after a bit. Probably going to realize FINALLY how screwed up her boss was.
It is not entirely one-sided. Cyrus shrugged off Mars' failure on Iron Island despite not finishing the task or blowing it up however he told Saturn his inability to get the orb which Saturn's gf's Skuntank acquired miniutes later was a poor reflection on Saturn. Despite the slightly-delayed success of that mission Saturn is treated worse than Mars who is never punished for her shortcomings.
So he does favor his loli.
Mars will be suiciding in her jail cell it is obvious, her level of mental illness is too severe for her to continue like this and I have never seen an insane asylum in Pokemon.
She will see Cyrus again in the afterlife when he gives in to the demands of his broken new universe and dies as well. They will live on happily ever after in death since they could never be together in life.

Love and Caring

If it doesn't have any hints I never tend to ship it.

I had to mention something on this. ...JOVIAN?
I don't get what your prob is here.. Jovianshipping has more hints than any other ship in Pokemon, even Carnivalshipping my extremely canon beloved. Jovian is fully undeniable there are no exceptions to its reign of glory across the fandom.
It has been undeniably confirmed in every aspect of Pokemon including but not limited to the games, the anime, the manga and the downloadable Pokemon.
Satoshi whatever his name is himself issued a press release the other day stating Jovianshipping is his favorite ship and it has been given the exclusive title of Most Canon Ship in Pokemon.

They are male and female counterparts in Pokemon it is canon and has many hints.

Except Mitsumi, but that's only because it was stated that he trained her personally, so it was from a professional standpoint. And she only exists in one canon anyway.

Me, I just think all three of them wanted him, but, like all those who tried to pry the sword from the stone, none were able to get the monumental stick out of his ass.
As stated above he favors Mars because she is his superior loli as opposed to all else.

I still don't get where Jupiter ever indicates she has any interest in Cyrus she almost seems disgusted by him in the anime and Saturn is just OCD about his work he has no actual sexual or romantic interest in Cyrus he is merely a pawn, a very trusting sheep.

How is that "dirty"? At least any more than any other sort of ship anyway (which admittedly can get pretty dirty but hey).

There are lesbian ships because lesbians exist. It only stands to reason they would also exist in Pokémon.
I agree fully with the user who stated Pokemon does not need that dirty stuff.

Pokemon is a children's series there are never deviant sexualities in series directed for kids with any sort of American control over them.
America successfully manages to keep non-heterosexual relationships away from children who do not need to have their views of proper mating skewed by suspect sexual deviations.

Since this thread is for ships you don't understand and I don't think I've mentioned this yet:
I don't get how people can ship yaoi/yuri seriously.. My own shipping of Marth x Ike is from me and my thugs trolling on IRC loling @ it and that is sort of the sole exception to heterosexual ships I like.
You know maybe I have mentioned this before but I'll bring it up again just for discussion.

Heterosexual ships are the way people are supposed to be it is natural and leads to the reproduction of the species it is genetically correct and without heterosexuality the species would die out so people would cease to exist.
I just don't get the appeal of shipping something that goes against how people are born =\
Maybe others don't share my views on heterosexuality and that homosexuality is a chosen deviation so that's why they ship yaoi/yuri, idk.
I am js why I feel this way nobody start hating or anything I am just stating my opinion and the basis for it, do not want any hate or drama.

Yeah I just don't get the draw of non-het ships.. it doesn't even work right physically like it's just not how people are designed 8X

Feel free to explain why you ship yaoi/yuri as a serious ship not just as a joke, perhaps I can come to an understanding as to this even if I won't actively support non-het myself.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Sexual DEVIATIONS? You did not seriously just say that. You seem to think that everyone has to be heterosexual for a species to survive, and that's clearly not the case, nor has it ever BEEN the case, at any point in history.

Oh my god. Leave your bigotry out of fandom posts.

all your post ..cause it's too long

Not even going to try this with you, lol. Because most of your crap is bullshit anyways, so it doesn't bother me.

BTW, welcome back love. Still thinking you're hilarious right. eheeh.

I will comment on your yaoi/yuri comments though.
Don't turn this into a homosexuality debate thread ..there's already one, we can totally go at it there.

But I have to say something...

If two people love or are attracted to each other, then that's their life/choice.
And not everyone wants kids anyways. And who cares if it 'goes against the way people are born'. So many people are reproducing, it doesn't matter. Life isn't going to die anytime soon. Don't worry dear.

Nobody cares about your fear of homosexuals. D:

Yaoi/Yuri is sexy, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.