• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Sinnoh Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

Which Sinnoh Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

• Torterra

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Infernape

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Empoleon

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know this has been done before, but I was thinking of making topics and polls of my own on which starter is your favorite based on each form. Now remember, each of you will obviously have opinions on this and I will have mine as well.

So this topic is which of the Sinnoh Starters do you like based on their final stage only? Mine is Infernape.

Tsukisha

I'd pick Empoleon, a Pokémon who still to this day is provided with a great and unused type combination in Water/Steel. Also, its steely black wings look awesome.

Trillion

infernape

all of them are great though. gen 3 and gen 4 had the best starter trios, all evolutionary members were good

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
389.png

Do you guys remember the Lvl X cards? They were like EX cards for the DPPt era I believe, and back when I was a kid and getting into Pokemon the one I wanted most was a Torterra Lvl X. It looked so badass and strong, and the colours were amazing! I would've done anything to get one, but alas, I did not find one. Torterra is my favourite final evolution of any starter because of design alone, and funnily enough it's the only Pokemon my dad remembers really well which is amusing. Paul had a super strong one in the anime (remember it versus Farfetch'd and Croagunk? Annihilated them), Ash had a rather mediocre one, but it's a tortoise with a tree and spikes on its back! I'm honestly disappointed I never used one and likely won't for the foreseeable future (my Brilliant Diamond team is complete, I want to keep Legends: Arceus Hisuian evolutions/forms only and I'm not going back to Sinnoh any time soon) but hey ho, it lives on in my heart.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Emperte (Empoleon) has the best design out of the three from my perspective, as well as a type combination that was more original and appealing.

zolios

Torterra is one of the best designs in the entire franchise. I also love the added ground typing and early access to Earthquake, best move in the game (especially in a casual playthrough).

TwilightBlade

Empoleon is my favourite but it's funny because I didn't like any of the 3 final evo stages of the Sinnoh starters until Pokemon Ranger 2 came out. I remember there's a part of that game where you ride on Empoleon to break icebergs and for some reason that made me like Empoleon more. :]

Ryker101

They’re all amazing, but Torterra is my favourite followed closely by Infernape then Empoleon. Grass/ground was such a unique typing for a starter and having earthquake early on was awesome, Infernape was also so fun to use

I love how this trio’s secondary types counter each other rather than complement it, wish more trios did that nowadays cause it’s more interesting imo