• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Sinnoh Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The First Stage Only?

Which Sinnoh Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The First Stage Only?

• Turtwig

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Chimchar

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know this has been done before, but I was thinking of making topics and polls of my own on which starter is your favorite based on each form. Now remember, each of you will obviously have opinions on this and I will have mine as well.

So this topic is which of the Sinnoh Starters do you like based on their first stage only? Mine is Chimchar.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
393.png

I am incredibly nostalgic when it comes to Piplup - Diamond was the first Pokemon game I ever owned, and I chose Piplup when I started that playthrough. Did I ever beat said playthrough? No I did not. Did Piplup stick with me in my heart for the next 15 years or so? Yes it did! I love the colours, the adorableness and how fun it looks to pet and cuddle up to. Dawn had a really cool one in the anime which I watched religiously back then as well, so this guy is just a big ol' nostalgia dump for me! It's great, go Piplup. Turtwig and Chimchar are equally valid (I beat Pearl with Chimchar after I got stuck against Gardenia in Diamond, never actually used Turtwig) but nostalgia for the penguin wins every time.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Pochama (Piplup) I suppose. In truth when I first saw the Gen IV Starters in mid-2006, I didn't really like any of them, but I suppose the anime's characterization of the Gen IV Starters affected my opinion of Pochama at least.

zolios

It was between Turtwig and Chimchar but I went with Chimchar because it's not only cute but can be more useful in battle thanks to it's HA and Egg moves. I've used it a few times in LC back in Gens 6 and 7 and it was fun.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Isn't it obvious :)))))

All the starters are good but Piplup just has that edge over the rest.

Trillion

love all three. i vote turtwig though since it was the one i picked when i first got diamond as a kid

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Piplup

Sakuyamon

Chimchar is my favorite one followed close behind by Piplup. I feel that Sinnoh had one of the better trio of regional starters out of most generations.

raichu27

I would say Turtwig. Always wanted to see a Grass/Ground type before it came. I even chose it as a reference to Dawn's Piplup in the anime.