• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which sprite looks better?

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I don't know what everyone is talking about, I loved the HGSS sprites, like I thought Murkrow's HGSS sprite was a HUGE improvement over some of the other ones.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
The Metagross sprite in R/S/E is terrible i must say...

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I don't know what everyone is talking about, I loved the HGSS sprites, like I thought Murkrow's HGSS sprite was a HUGE improvement over some of the other ones.

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
The HGSS sprites aren't Horrible...Some of them are improvements but some shouldn't have been changed like for example Dragonite...hes just standing there looking like he wants a hug.

TomNook

Still In Kanto
I prefer most of the sprites in R/B to their sprites in later games.

I think HGSS have better sprites than DPPT though tbh.

The HGSS sprites aren't Horrible...Some of them are improvements but some shouldn't have been changed like for example Dragonite...hes just standing there looking like he wants a hug.
That's kind of his character though, is it not? I don't really remember, I haven't watched the anime since I was a kid but that's always been the impression I had of Dragonite.

Last edited:

LudicoloGuy

ludiludiludiludiludi
Blastoise sprite. HG/SS

ADASFASFASFASFASFSDDD

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I think all of them are pretty good. The 1st gen ones have really unique and interesting designs, but at the same time, I simply love the 4th gen ones, too. A lot of them have great poses and designs, and the detail and colouring is nice, too. That said, some of the HG/SS ones really bug me; they sure could've done a better job on them. Gen 2 and 3 are the sprites are the ones I've seen most, and they aren't really lacking in anything, too.

So, Gen 1 for novelty, Gen 4 for overall quality (bar a few), and the other two for more of a balance.

Tommi

Vaporeon's could've been made if it was carved out of stone. Jolteon looks like a grampa, it's mouth isn't even straight. Flareon's is ok, but a FLAREon without FLARE blitz? Dang!

I don't think haunters is THAT bad, it coud be better, but...

Jolteon's HG/SS sprite looks so evil. S/he looks like it's just done something to get back at you.