• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter are you getting for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Starter for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

• Mudkip

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Torchic

Votes: 32 14.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 84 39.1%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 22 10.2%

• Total voters

Tonguetyd

I am breaking my religious "Always Choose Water" pact, because Sceptile is my favorite Grass starter (I brake for ninjas and dragons,) and his Mega is amazing.

Wait, Sceptile's a ninja? What makes you think that?

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Treeko because dragon with lightningrod. Plus I have a shiny sceptile in my Y to send over

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
Treeko, because I love mega sceptile. Plus I have never chosen the grass starter, I've chosen fire for Kanto, Sinnoh and Unova. And water for Johto and Kalos, but I never played in the hoenn region but I will be choosing treeko, sceptile has always been my favorite of the hoenn starters regardless of his mega evolution

dragontamer44722

Pokegyms Owner
Not Torchic. I never liked it to begin with, but I'm really torn between Mudkip and Treecko since I like both their megas. I guess if I get both games I would do Treecko in Sapphire and Mudkip in Ruby.

sharkdude5

Master of Chaos
Treecko, I just like him more than the other two.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'll most likely be taking Treecko in my OR version as it was the starter I initially picked in Ruby. I haven't decided on what to pick for AS, probably Mudkip so I can get a chance to try out Swampert's Mega.

dansm

Mudkip, I had him in my first ever pokemon game: sapphire

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Treecko. I chose him in emerald because I wanted May to have Torchic. Same for this game. Also I love grass types and I haven't had a grass starter since 5th gen.

lv.100master4

pokemon master
I'm going with torchic ;255; because (1.) It's a fire type and that's my favorite type and (2.) It evolves into the powerful blaziken ;257;

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
As Treecko is my favourite of the three (and Grovyle my favourite Grass-type), my choice is obvious. Plus Mega Sceptile looks pretty sweet.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Mudkip, because I hate Treecko, and I've already got Mega Blaziken. I won't use it though, because the gen 3 starters all suck IMO.

CharlieDoryRose

Dragon Freak
I can't decide. :( I keep thinking I know, but then I change my mind. I seem to wander back to Treecko a lot, and he was the first Pokemon I ever had so it will probably end up being him.

gamer_legend

I can't decide. :( I keep thinking I know, but then I change my mind. I seem to wander back to Treecko a lot, and he was the first Pokemon I ever had so it will probably end up being him.

That's actually really sweet. I think he's probably who I'll end up picking as well as I always liked him but he never really got the chance to shine from Gen IV so I wanna give him another go.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Mudkip. My favorite starter of this gen. It's final evolve form Swampert, has a cool mega evolution.

SiLeNtDeViL609

High Five The Sky!!!
Its either going to be Treecko or Mudkip. I always go for water types but im interested in the Grass/Dragon mega-evolution

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
In almost every generation I have one starter I would definitely pick above all the others; Hoenn is the exception. I don't really like Mudkip that much; the design for Swampert, especially, just doesn't sit well with me for some reason. When I first played Sapphire I picked Torchic; as far as first stage goes, that one's my favourite hands-down. I thought Blaziken was kind of neat, but after two more generations have passed, I grew kind of tired of the Fire/Fighting type combo. (Still, Blaziken is my favourite of the Fire/Fighting starters.) I really like Treecko, but I don't like it nearly as much as most other Grass starters (except Turtwig).

So yeah, it will be a toss-up between Torchic and Treecko. On one hand, there are a few good Grass Pokemon in Hoenn already (like Roselia and Oddish - and Seedot, but I'm getting Alpha Sapphire, and Seedot was Ruby exclusive), but not many Fire-types that I like (IIRC, the only ones available sort-of-early on are Slugma, Torkoal, and Numel; Vulpix wasn't available until Mt. Pyre). On the other hand, I already have experience with Mega Blaziken thanks to its giveaway when X/Y came out, whereas Mega Sceptile/Swampert are completely new, and I'd rather have Medicham as my token Fighting-type. Right now I'm leaning a bit more towards Treecko, but who knows...