• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter are you getting for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Starter for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

• Mudkip

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Torchic

Votes: 32 14.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 84 39.1%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 22 10.2%

• Total voters

AwesomeGrovyle

Local Cryptid
Hmmm... I completely wonder who I'm getting?

Pretty obvious on which starter I'm choosing. And if you have no brain, no offense, or can't see thus not being able to see my username or this post actually, my starter shall be Treecko.

REASONS: 1) I've always like Treecko and his evolutions. They've just always seemed to be the ones liked the least out of the Hoenn starters. Mudkip is liked because he's apparently "cute" (Don't see how he's cute at all... >.>) and his meme, Torchic's liked for that cute purpose too and people like Blaziken a lot in general and in competitive battling. Don't get me wrong, but Blaziken is pretty good in competitive battling. Poor Treecko's left out. All alone with not as many fans I guess. :( 2) I've always liked Grass types a lot. Maybe's it's just I love nature a lot that it's made me like Grass types a lot to the point they became my favorite type along with the Dragon type. I don't know... 3) Back when I was a kid and was choosing a Pokemon, that'd become your starter Pokemon eventually, to save Professor Birch from the Poochyena chasing him, I spent about an hour or so looking over the three Pokemon. Every time I looked at it, there was like something inside me that clicked. Usually how end up liking Pokemon or other things these days. Also, Treecko looked the best out of them to me. 4) I like the color green. Not that great of a reason, but it still is one. :p 5) I like their designs. I just do. Can't explain it, but I just do.

This was long sorta I guess and had terrible reasons and some people may disagree with me, but whatever. I could care less.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I'm going to have to go with Mudkip. There are several reasons for this. 1. Torchic was always the starter that I never wanted to go with in this gen, mainly because of it's uselessness against Tentacool. 2. While I've generally chosen Treecko in the past, Water/Ground Types tend to appeal to me, and I wanted to change it up this time around. 3. Mudkip is adorable. 4. My dad chose Mudkip when he did Ruby, so sentiment

Nightmare Fuel

Comin' for Ya
Torchic. I mean, he was called Waluigi in Emerald.
Expecting Mudkip?
oOO BAD
Waluigi Time.

Ace_Of_Shadows

Edgy edgelord name
I'm picking Mudkip; I like all 3 starters equally, but Swampert has that bit about it that make me want to use it. Sceptile and Blaziken are cool though, so they'll probably be used in the other game.

Funny how Mudkip is winning the poll thus far yet only 3 people have said they're going to be using him.

Canto

Mudkip for sure. I picked Mudkip back in the day in Ruby and he's still my favorite of the Hoenn starters.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
Treecko, all day long.

Swampert was my main all throughout the original Gen 3, and I already got the special Blaziken from XY. I do have a Sceptile from Steven after my time in SS, but I want to go through Hoenn with one. It's become my favorite of the 3.

Natsu1213

i go with mudkip its my favorite pokemon since generation 3.

Tonguetyd

Mudkip, because I'm going to use Torkoal and Cacturne.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
Probably Treecko, even I have picked always Water starter in all other games. So, maybe exchange will make something good.

Teebu

Leaning towards Treecko, definitely not torchic, the lure to Blaziken won't get me this time!

eiger

Shiny Hunter
Gonna go for Treecko. Used Mudkip in Emerald, and Torchic looks boring :D

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
I'm gonna get Alpha Sapphire, so I'm going to get Mudkip!
#MARSHTOMPFTW