• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter are you getting for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Starter for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

• Mudkip

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Torchic

Votes: 32 14.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 84 39.1%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 22 10.2%

• Total voters

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
Mudkip has a special place in my heart; I can't think of any other Pokémon I could share the new Hoenn experience with :)

Kilshandra

Definitely Treecko. I remember I chose Torchic as my starter for the Hoenn on my first ever play through of the Ruby. Then I chose Mudkip on the Emerald. So this time, Treecko.

It was a cold winters night, my birthday I finally got a gameboy SP after my friend had already gotten hers and a copy of ruby. I got Sapphire, my friend already had an advantage getting hers a whole 6 weeks earlier, I looked at the three pokeball that lay before me, Treeko was cute a little green lizard and I do like grass types, Torchic the little fire chicken.. I'm terrified of birds so that was never gonna happen, so that just left mudkip the cutest little pokemon I ever saw, I named him starlight and he was my first level 100 <3

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Mudkip on OR
Treecko on AS

szmty

THIS CITY IS OURS!
Mudkip. You can easily go through Rustboro Gym with it, since it learns Water Gun relatively early. Also, you can teach it Surf, which is one of the three HMs that don't suck (Fly and Strength are the other two), and that way you don't have to get yourself another Water-type slave. Also, Swampert is a beast in battle, having the highest base HP of the three starters, and some decent Attack and Defense stats, which cover up its low Speed. And it learns Earthquake by levelling up! How could I not love that evolutionary line!?

ECM

Well, since I used a Torchic in Y, I'm using Mudkip in Omega Ruby and Treecko in Alpha Sapphire. That being said, I really hope they do decide to make Mega Evolutions for Sceptile and Swampert. I'm holding out for a Grass/Dragon Mega Sceptile.

zhixun

I am sticking with Kimori the grass type. Jukain is the best final form grass type in my opinion and I hope that they will make Mega Jukain Alpha and Omega. Like Lizardon and Mewtwo have two variations.

I'm picking Mudkip because its a tradition of mine to always pick the Water starter. I picked Mudkip in Sapphire and I'm picking him again in AS.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
I never used Mudkip back in the day, so I'm planning on using it now. It's all going to be so different since the Physical/Special system changed in Gen IV, so i'm hyped.

Atomic Rexx

Don't Care
Torchic, because in the game that I hold nearest and dearest to my heart, Pokemon Sapphire, I started out with a Torchic that has traveled with me throughout Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and now, Kalos. Even though she has a terrible neutral nature, she's the only Pokemon that I honestly feel an emotional attachment to.

And yes, I will be soft resetting for a female one, just like I did when I was nine.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Mudkip. You can easily go through Rustboro Gym with it, since it learns Water Gun relatively early. Also, you can teach it Surf, which is one of the three HMs that don't suck (Fly and Strength are the other two), and that way you don't have to get yourself another Water-type slave. Also, Swampert is a beast in battle, having the highest base HP of the three starters, and some decent Attack and Defense stats, which cover up its low Speed. And it learns Earthquake by levelling up! How could I not love that evolutionary line!?
Does Waterfall even suck with the introduction of physical/special split?

Solfatara

Forest-Dweller
I remember being appalled the first time I played sapphire and my cute torchic evolved into something I at that point thought looked like an abomination. After getting used to combusken and rather liking it, I was once again shocked at how horrible I thought blaziken looked! I quite like them all now (not my favourite designs, but alright), but I'm not sure if I'll be picking torchic again for ORAS... I've played with mudkip the most, probably, so perhaps I'll go for treecko this time. Might be a decision I just make on the spot.

Skylander Sylveon

Top Coordinator
Torchic! ^^

I've been meaning to use him for a while and I mean, Blaziken (despite having disco pants) is pretty cool. Sure, Sceptile and Swarmpert are friggin awesome too but for me, it's usually always Fire types. <3

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I am getting two copies of the game and intend to use all three. I trade pokemon to one game and i keep the file. I restart the other for repeat play throughs

Last edited:

Skye-42

Let's get Creative~
Torchic isn't getting a lot of love in the polls. :/

But I'm going to pick Torchic, as that was my starter in the original R/S/E games. It was also the first Pokémon that I had fully evolved by myself when I was younger. (Not including the bug types because those are way too easy to evolve.)

phanpycross

God-king
Torchic isn't getting a lot of love in the polls. :/

But I'm going to pick Torchic, as that was my starter in the original R/S/E games. It was also the first Pokémon that I had fully evolved by myself when I was younger. (Not including the bug types because those are way too easy to evolve.)

most people picked torchic on their first time, because of the anime, and some people got the event torchic as well, I would say thats about fair.

RaZoR LeAf

Night Terror
I originally bought Sapphire when the games first came out, so I'll be buying Omega Ruby this time around. It seems appropriate therefore, that I pick Torchic as my starter.

Not that Treecko ever had a chance, Sceptile is one of my least favourite starters.