• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter are you getting for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

Starter for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire?

• Mudkip

Votes: 77 35.8%
  • Torchic

Votes: 32 14.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 84 39.1%
  • Haven't decided yet

Votes: 22 10.2%

• Total voters

pyroteddy123

Wonder Trainer
I used to restart my emerald game just to pick a different starter and what I experienced as a kid was that using a Treecko was too hard, using a Mudkip was too easy and Torchic was just about right---or maybe there's bias in there? (since May was my favourite Pokemon character)

Edit:
Well anyway, I'll still pick Torchic for nostalgic reasons..

Ti4558

I'm going to choose Torchic! Since it was my first pokemon ever.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
I'm definitely going with mudkip and torchic first. Treecko is my least favorite grass starter, and has been since my first game was Sapphire. I'll probably send one over to complete the pokedex. Mudkip and torchic, though, have been among my top favorites.

Treecko, for once: in Gen 3, I chose Torchic (Sapphire) and Mudkip (Emerald), so that's my logic for it.

Ironthunder

The Uncultured One
Mudkip, although I'm actually going to go full on challenge, run with what I can catch, and box the Mudkip. I want a mega Swampert in the back, just in case. I always tend to rely too heavily on the starter, so I'm breaking that habit.

phanpycross

God-king
Mudkip, from his little head fla that is still awesome, to having an easy time sweeping hoenn, to being my first ever to ever get to lvl 100 (sorry meganium), I see no other choice.

Maru90

POCKET MEN ANYONE?
I'm a little torn between which starter I want. Blaziken is my favourite but seeing as I had the chance in using him and his mega evolution throughout my entire X play through, I want something new.. Sceptile would be my second choice but I've got to admit that the mega evolutions for all three are just fantastic.

Mudkip, without a doubt. It was my starter both in my first run in Ruby and my first run in Emerald. So it is only natural that it will be my starter in my first run in the remakes too.

Ditto B1tch

I'll play with three, but as favorite it is gonna be Mudkip, and its place won't be replaced neither by Mega-Sceptile, though it has dragon-part now. I don't care about Megas anyway

Joth

Back from the Dead
I am breaking my religious "Always Choose Water" pact, because Sceptile is my favorite Grass starter (I brake for ninjas and dragons,) and his Mega is amazing. I am really looking forward to planning my team, because I have never planned around a grass type before!:) Unfortunately, I can't plan my team just yet, because I like having more than one mega per team so I can handle different situations. I know it will include Sceptile and Absol, because Absol is my favorite Pokémon. I will probably have a water type and a fighting type as well, to cover Ice and Fire weaknesses (When Sceptile is in normal form.) This will also allow Apocolypto (My Absol,) to fit nicely into my team.