• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter did you choose in Legends: Arceus?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Went with Oshawott given my habit of going with the Water-type if I like its design. Glad that Hisuian Samurott turned out to be quite good, save for somewhat shaky accuracy on its signature move.

Fantasian

Chose Oshawott because I'd seen a pic of what Hisuian Samurott looked like and I knew right then that I wanted to use one myself so I picked the little otter.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Chose Oshawott because I'd seen a pic of what Hisuian Samurott looked like and I knew right then that I wanted to use one myself so I picked the little otter.
A solid reason, how was it to use in-game? Did you have any regrets using it?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I picked Rowlet and man I regretted it. It evolved into a grass/fighting type which made it had so much weaknesses in terms of type advantage.
Oh really? That's a unique perspective, what starter would you have picked instead knowing what you know now?

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I chose Cyndaquill. I still like the fact Laventon gives you the other 2 starter after you beat Giratina...because he feels bad that they need more time outside the lab. I think they were level 20 when you get them.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I chose Cyndaquill. I still like the fact Laventon gives you the other 2 starter after you beat Giratina...because he feels bad that they need more time outside the lab. I think they were level 20 when you get them.
Oh very nice! How was Cyndaquil to use for you? Any regrets?

I picked Cyndaquill (yes I know I gave into the peer pressure) and its actually really good when it evolves.
You'd be surprised actually, Rowlet is the most popular choice from what I've seen on here? Oshawott is the lowest with Cyndaquil being reasonably popular all the same.

Luthor

Chose Oshawott. I didn't know what the final forms were but Oshawott felt thematically appropriate for a game in the past (Rowlett did too but i've used a Rowlet before as a starter) and I knew there was a fire coverage option in Hisuian Growlithe and I'd never used Oshawott in gen 5 as I preferred Emboar. For in game usage I found Samarott to be highly effective when I needed it and was at full health ready to be my final Pokemon against Giratina's second form (until my Hisuain Goodra managed to take it out after a fortunate missed attack from Giratina). While not my favourite Hisuian starter it was so effective it was a solid choice.

Last edited:

Kage-Pikachu

i saw the animation of Hisuian Decidueye over the water recently. I actually like the animation of him flying, it made me like him a lot more. i really want to see diving return in the games, i would love to see how they handle underwater battles.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Oh very nice! How was Cyndaquil to use for you? Any regrets?

You'd be surprised actually, Rowlet is the most popular choice from what I've seen on here? Oshawott is the lowest with Cyndaquil being reasonably popular all the same.
It mostly has a disadvantage against Kleavor since Fire has Rock weakness and i didn't spend any time catching any strong water pokemon.

Last edited:

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Oshawott, but I’m not thrilled with the final evolutions of the beginner pokemon in this game despite how popular they are.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Before the starter evos were revealed I had a hard choice between Rowlett (my 2nd favorites starter) and Oshawott (3rd favorites) but I prefer H-Samurott to H-Decidueye

scififan21

My boy Cyndaquil he was the first starter I ever had when I got Gold back in the day. It was wonderful using him on the Switch. :)

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Cyndaquil because it's the only one I don't remember using in a previous game

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Yup, I'm in the Cyndaquil-squad. Love how it's signature move turns it a bit sinister.

zolios

I went with Oshawott since it was my favorite of the three options we had, but I do like the other two as well (Rowlett is my favorite Alola starter). Didn't know much about the final regional evolutions at the time but I do like Hisuian Samurott a lot and prefer it over the Unovan Samurott, same goes for Decidueye as well. Hisuian Typhlosion is nice as well but definitely my least favorite of the three and I also prefer the design of the Johtonian Typhlosion more.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I went with Oshawott since it was my favorite of the three options we had, but I do like the other two as well (Rowlett is my favorite Alola starter). Didn't know much about the final regional evolutions at the time but I do like Hisuian Samurott a lot and prefer it over the Unovan Samurott, same goes for Decidueye as well. Hisuian Typhlosion is nice as well but definitely my least favorite of the three and I also prefer the design of the Johtonian Typhlosion more.

It's weird how that happens. I prefer Hisuian Typhlosion and Samurott over the Johto/Unovan-variants, but I'd have much rather had Alolan Decidueye in the PLA game. I mean call me crazy, but that design is just a 10/10, while Typhlosion always felt okay, but never had anything neat to it and Samurott always needed an extra type or something more from the start (like how Emboar has/had great movecoverage and Serperior has Contrary).