• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter type do you choose most often?

Which starter type do you choose the most?

• Grass

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Fire

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Water

Votes: 29 45.3%

• Total voters

Friendshipper

Gotta Love 'Em All
It's either grass or water, I don't like fire that much. Besides, I always play Pokemon with my two brothers and the younger one of them is very fond of fire starters so I usually let him choose them. Yes, when one of us choose a certain starter, the other two aren't allowed to choose this starter when we play together. It's kind of "you, your rival, your other rival" relationship haha.
  • Kanto- Leaf Green:
    001.png
    || Fire Red:
    007.png
  • Johto- Crystal:
    158.png
    || Soul Silver:
    152.png
  • Hoen- Ruby:
    258.png
    || Emerald:
    255.png
    || Alpha:
    252.png
  • Sinnoh- Diamond:
    387.png
    || Platinum:
    393.png
  • Unova- White:
    501.png
    || Black 2:
    495.png
  • Kalos- X:
    656.png
  • Alola- Sun:
    725.png
    || Ultra Moon:
    722.png
I think I'm going to vote for water since it's always the first choice come to my mind whenever I choose my starter.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
  • Kanto- Leaf Green:
    001.png
    || Fire Red:
    007.png
  • Johto- Crystal:
    158.png
    || Soul Silver:
    152.png
  • Hoen- Ruby:
    258.png
    || Emerald:
    255.png
    || Alpha:
    252.png
  • Sinnoh- Diamond:
    387.png
    || Platinum:
    393.png
  • Unova- White:
    501.png
    || Black 2:
    495.png
  • Kalos- X:
    656.png
  • Alola- Sun:
    725.png
    || Ultra Moon:
    722.png

Funny you came whole circle in Hoenn. ;)

You never played the original Red/Blue/Yellow?

Friendshipper

Gotta Love 'Em All
Funny you came whole circle in Hoenn. ;)

You never played the original Red/Blue/Yellow?

Hoenn has always been my favorite :D

Let's hope DP's remakes will come eventually so I can complete another circle. I wanna play with Chimchar so bad but my stupid brothers always pick the fire ones.

Oh right I played Yellow, too. I'm willing to play LGPE someday with Eevee as my starter. I'm willing as well to play Heart Gold 'cuz I miss having my starter following me, another circle to complete.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I try out each starter at least once and I don’t have a typing that I go for the most. In Gen I it’s about equal as I tend to alternate between the starters for each play through. In Gen II I use Cyndaquil and Totodile more than Chikorita due to the Gym Leaders order although in the remakes I alternate between all three. Gen III I typically choose Torchic more but also pick Treecko more than Mudkip even in ORAS. In Gen IV it’s about equal as I have no real favorite here. Gen V I pick Tepig and Oshawott quite a bit. Gen IV I choose Froakie and Fennekin more because while I like Chespin and Chesnaught, Quiladin’s face creeps me out so I leave it far behind. Gen VII had me gravitating towards Rowlet the most.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Gen IV I choose Froakie and Fennekin more because while I like Chespin and Chesnaught, Quiladin’s face creeps me out so I leave it far behind.

Why do so many people get creeped out by Quilladin? o_O

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Out of all the Pokemon games I've owned, I chose between grass and fire. Only once have I chose a water starter, and that was in Pokemon White.

The only times I haven't chosen the Fire starter are in both the original Silver and SoulSilver, where I chose Totodile and Chikorita respectively. I wanted to choose Chikorita in SS because it seems like everyone always chooses Cyndaquil or Totodile for their Johto journeys. I like to be different. :D

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I usually pick water or fire starters. However, for the last two Gens, I have picked grass starters! I know we all await more information on the Gen 8 starters, but as of right now, I am team Sobble.

Gen 1: Squirtle
Gen 2: Totodile
Gen 3: Torchic
Gen 4: Chimchar
Gen 5: Oshawot
Gen 6: Chespin
Gen 7: Rowlet

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
I usually go fire, which is weird because my favorite pokemon type is grass. I don't know what it is about fire types. Maybe it's just because my personality is a lot like a fire type pokemon...

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I usually go fire, which is weird because my favorite pokemon type is grass. I don't know what it is about fire types. Maybe it's just because my personality is a lot like a fire type pokemon...

I like to think that I burn hot and bright like a flame. ;)

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
My starter choice is probably the most unbalanced and hilarious there is. Are you ready for a laugh?

Gen. I: Bulbasaur
Gen. II: Chikorita
Gen. III: Treecko
Gen. IV: Turtwig
Gen V: Snivy
Gen. VI: Fennekin
Gen. VII: Rowlet

Find the intruder.

Fennekin?

Alita54

Kanto - Fire
Johto - Water
Hoen - Grass
Sinnoh - Fire
Unova - Grass
Kalos - Fire
Alola - Fire

When I replayed kanto through firered tho I got blastoise, meganium for soulsilver, and swampert for alpha sapphire.

So overall I guess water but it's close.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
When I replayed kanto through firered tho I got blastoise, meganium for soulsilver, and swampert for alpha sapphire.

Oh hey, I chose Meganium in SoulSilver too! It’s a small Pokemon world. :D
154.png

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Galar Fire (so far based on first forms, might change with evolution)

Maybe the starters’ second forms will be revealed in the upcoming Pokemon Direct this week? I’m also gearing towards Scorbunny, but it could change.