• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter type do you choose most often?

Which starter type do you choose the most?

• Grass

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Fire

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Water

Votes: 29 45.3%

• Total voters

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
Fire type most of the time since I chose Torchic, Litten twice and Charmander as my starters in the past 5 years.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
As of 2019 (pre-gen 8) fire is my most picked starter. However once Sw/Sh rolls around it will be a tie between fire and water types

You're just waiting for the final evos to be revealed so you'll be more certain?

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Fire is the type I end up choosing the most, but really I try to pick my starter based on what's needed in the game's story and how I can fit it around other Pokemon I want to use. Like I won't pick the Grass starter if there's another Grass-type I want to use more, or if a lot of the Gyms or Elite Four are super-effective against Grass.

RoughCoronet0

Dragon lover
For me the starters were....

R/B- Venusaur
G/S/C - Meganium
R/S/E - Sceptile
D/P/Pt - Torterra
B/W/B2/W2 - Samurott
X/Y - Chestnaught
S/M/US/UM - Decidueye
Sw/Sh - Inteleon

So I guess it’s typically grass for me, with water being my second option.

Grant it, I have used and enjoyed every starter Pokemon and like all but two of them....for more so nit picky reasons (Serperior and Greninja)

juiccbox

Idiot Extraordinaire
I’m usually a grass type kind of guy, despite their weaknesses

Gen 1: Bulbasaur/Grass
Gen 2: Cyndaquil/Fire
Gen 3: Mudkip/Water
Gen 4: Turtwig/Grass
Gen 5: Snivy/Grass
Gen 6: Chespin/Grass
Gen 7: Rowlet/Grass
Gen 8: Sobble/Water

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
kanto: grass
johto: water
hoenn: water
sinnoh: grass
unova: grass
kalos: water
alola: grass
galar: grass

You must be a Grass person then? :D

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Gen 1: Fire.
Gen 2: Fire.
Gen 3: Fire.
Gen 4: Water.
Gen 5: Water.
Gen 6: Fire.
Gen 7: Water.
Gen 8: Water.

I used Infernape on my second playthrough for Pt. and Cinderace for Shield. Fire and Water starters never disappoint me, be it stat or design wise.

NeedsAName

Let's see:
  1. Ultra Moon: Rowlet
  2. Alpha Sapphire: Torchic
  3. Ultra Moon (2nd): Popplio
  4. Alpha Sapphire (2nd): Mudkip
  5. Soul Silver: Totodile
  6. Y: Fennekin
  7. Y (2nd): Froakie*
* I didn't use it past Santalune Forest because I was trying to do an all-Bug-type playthrough

All in all, I definitely tend towards Water-types, as they tend to do pretty well later in-game, but are solid early on, as Electric, Dragon, and Grass-types tend to be later in-game.

TwilightBlade

Judging by my signature I have a pretty equal balance of starter Pokemon types. I usually try to get as much type diversity as possible so I don't stick with just one type of starter. Grass is usually my favourite type but only be a slim margin and I try not to let it influence my starter choices.