• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter will you chose?

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Tepig, 'cause Emboar is the best and I want to SR for a shiny one. Will maybe do the same with Snivy in the second version if I have enough patience (very unlikely XD)

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Snivy. Just because The Tepig line is my most hated line No. 2, and because Oshawott isn't going on my team with the better Water choices out ther.

Either Oshawott or Snivy, I used Oshawott in White (I really like him) and I haven't used Snivy yet. Also, I think Tepig is the worst choise because there are alot of better Fire-types in Unova: Reshiram, Volcarona, Chandelure, Darmanitan, etc.

I'll probably end up getting Tepig again, like I did in White. My brother started with Snivy, and he said it was kinda difficult since it doesn't have a wide range of moves. Oshawott kinda has a similar case. Besides, Tepig's line doesn't face a type disadvantage until the 5th gym, by which time I should have a couple of other good Pokemon that match up much better. Snivy, on the other hand, faces pressure from the 2nd and 3rd gym's, while Oshawott has a disadvantage against the Swadloon and Leavanny in the 3rd gym and the 4th gym in general.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm going with Snivy again. I've considered the weaknesses in the 2nd and 3rd gyms, but that's nothing a Magnemite can't handle. That, and if all else fails, I can spam Coil and Leech Seed for a total sweep on any tougher enemies I can't handle later. I realize that I have a glaring weakness to Hugh if he evolves Tepig before I get a Sandshrew, and I'm not going to check to see if it does. I'll wait and see, and if so I'll deal with it myself.

Star Champion AJ

Going with Oshawott like I did in my last White playthrough, because I don't like Emboar's movepool and there are better Fire-types in Unova, like Arcanine and Chandelure and Serperior has unnappealing offensive stats.

auteur

Fossil freak
I'll choose Snivy in White 2, since I chose Oshawott in White and I wanna try someone different this time. I like Tepig but I don't like its evolutions, so even if I've considered it I'll finally go with the grass type.