• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

blak

Undecided between Oshawott and Snivy.
I like Tepig, he looks great, but... yes... I don't really like Fire/Fighting.

Vycksta

On White? Tepig for me, simply because he's seen as the "companion" starter of Hilda. It's the ears and her ahoge. Mind you even with that... I like the look of Emboar a lot.

On Black? Not sure, TBTH. It'll be one of the other two.

cannibaleyes

Holier Than Thou
I'm choosing Snivy because my friends and I all agreed to pick different ones so we could breed them and trade them to each other. My roommate is getting Oshwatt, and her boyfriend is getting Tepig. Plus, I usually pick the grass starter first playthrough. =)

I've always picked Water starters. Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, and Piplup now I'm going with Oshawott because Samurott is just EPIC looking

starterlover1

Emperor Coordinator
I find it somewhat interesting that while Snivy was the most popular starter back when the three were initially revealed and Oshawott was lolugly, Oshawott is now the most popular. Snivy's fall from grace obviously comes from its terrible stat placement, but still.

megaman

The Dance Commander
i picked Tepig simply because my two coworkers picked Snivy and Oshawott. we planned on restarting to get each other the 3 starters but then got lazy and just started playing so now im just past the first gym with Tepig and so far so good

PokemonTrainerKaden

I will be using all the starters however I will be picking tepig in the beginning because he has better stats a better movepool and in my opinion looks the cutest and then coolest as it evolves.

MasterKenobi

Resident Jedi Master
Probably the water starter because I like Arctic-themed Pokemon.

I'll probably, no, definitely pick Tepig!

Mostly because I always seem to pick the fire starter anyway. That way, if there isn't a great abundance (<- did I spell that right?) of wild fire Pokemon, I always have one that I got right from the beginning.

Also, the way I've been choosing the starters in the order of Pokemon games I've been playing (SoulSilver -> Platinum -> LeafGreen -> White) The fire starter was next in the pattern, anyway.

The pattern was:
SS: Cyndaquil
Platinum (first playthrough): Piplup
Platinum (second playthrough): Chimchar
LeafGreen: Squirtle
White: Tepig

Makes me think that I should maybe give the grass starter a chance (and break the pattern). Maybe I'd end up actually liking the grass types in-game.

Zoroark!

I am choosing snivy my little brother is gonna choose oshawott tepig is the less populair of the 3 because it`s the third time now that they did a fire/fighting type-__- could`nt they just make it a fire type alone...

KAC-N

Pika the Pikachu!
Oshawott. Because hes awesome <3

I dont care if he looks like a Piplup/Pachirisu. Hes so cute and the evo's have grown on me.

So. Oshawott all the way!

I,m choosing snivy, cause i almost always choose the grass starter (except Chikorita) and Snivy grows into a freakin snake! A snake made of grass!

wulpix

Trainer of vulpix
I'm picking Snivy for white and if I get black, I'll pick Oshawott. I absolutely love the way that Snivy and its evolutions look, and I could care less about its move pool/stats. And while I wasn't initially impressed with Oshawott when it first came out, it's grown on me since its anime debut, even though I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around Samurott.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I couldn't decide what to use! I decided just tonight to go with Oshawott over Snivy!

xxDUNE

So I'm for sure picking Snivy now, but I will be getting all of them. I won't be using Tepig and Oshawott in my main party though.

Status
Not open for further replies.