• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Beast

The Eon Pokemon
snivy.

i love most of the grass starters. plus snivy is so laughable w/ its proud stuck up atitude. it reminds me of piplup a bit.

DSRGBA

I usually choose grass starters for a new region;

Gold: Chikorita
Ruby: Treecko
Leaf Green: Bulbasaur
Pearl: Turtwig
Platinum: Chimchar
Soul Silver: Cyndaquil
Black: Snivy

So I choose grass starters for regions I haven't previously visited and fire-types for the remakes. Also, Snivy has a great design.

Yuphie

Novice Shiny Hunter
Currently undecided. I like Snivy but there are so many grass Pokémon i like more, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Sawsbuck, so i think Snivy is ruled out. Same with Oshawott, there are a few water Pokémon i would like to try out more than i would like to have him. However, i really do not like Tepig evolutions so.., i'll probably end up with Oshawott/Snivy to start then just switch him/her out when i can catch a water/grass Pokémon i want to use.

UnovaSwampert

Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.

I agree completely with this statement.

Liquid Luck

I'm definitely picking Oshawott just because when I first saw him, I thought he was the ugliest starter I'd ever seen, but he's grown on me and now I think he's adorable, and the fact that I've almost always picked the Fire Starter, I wanna switch it up a bit this generation. Oh, and I love the look of him and his evo's and I think that I could get the best party with him and Pansear.

Anyways, I'm picking Oshawaott, and his name shall be Oscar :)

gliscor&yanmega

White-Oshawott. Surprisingly it's my favorite out of the three(Which has always been the Fire type), although they are pretty much near the same level for me(In terms of liking them) Oshawott is just a little higher. Also, I want a Water type with me and I think Oshawott is the best for that job.

Black-I'll use Snivy and Tepig just for the sake of experiencing them. I don't know which I'll start with first though. I'll also play with no Starter after I'm done with Snivy and Tepig.

minredd

Cartoonist
Wow, I'm surprised Oshawott got so popular. I remember when everyone was complaining about how fugly it was XD

For me, I'll be playing Pokemon White(for Zekrom)and have a Snivy/Servine/Serperior as my starter. The reasoning? I like reptiles, a lot. The rest of my team is going to be all reptiles as well, since I found a way to spread the HM's amongst them(thank you HM learning fossil turtle!).

king_anteros

Water Trainer
I'm going with Snivy in Black (which will be the main one I play through), and Tepig in White. Snivy has been my favorite ever since they first revealed the starters, and I have a thing for grass types. Plus, I came up with the perfect nickname for her. I also really liked Tepig, but hated its evolutions... However, they grew on me, and now I'm excited to have one.

Last edited:

jabs4

No clue. Snivy looks pretty cool and I like Oshawott's final evolution. Tepig's line just seems a bit ironic. A pig that's a fire type. Makes me want to put a pig on a spit right now. =-o

Generic User Name

Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome! I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
Reshiram
Victini
Ho-Oh
Magmortar
Typhlosion

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Tepig. I'm gonna call it: Manbearpig.

And he evolves into Ganon.

Sponge

I'll be choosing Oshawott.

If the third game comes out I'll probably pick Snivy for it...

Wow, I'm surprised Oshawott got so popular. I remember when everyone was complaining about how fugly it was XD

It was probably mostly due to Samurott that his popularity grew so much.....but I like to think Oshawott has also grown on people by it's own merit.

pokeotaku

Pokemon Master
Oshawott. I love the Water starters (except Piplup) and I love the Fire starters. I only choose grass if it's Turtwig (and I like Bulbasaur, but I prefer Squirtle or Charmander).

Anyways, I'll choose Oshawott for my main run in Black, then I'll choose Snivy for White. I was originally gonna get Tepig for White, but then I realized that the eventual 3rd version would probably feature the Ice/Dragon so Tepig would be good for that game. x)

gliscor&yanmega

Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome! I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
Reshiram
Victini
Ho-Oh
Magmortar
Typhlosion

People have different tastes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.

pokeotaku

Pokemon Master
I'll be choosing Oshawott.

If the third game comes out I'll probably pick Snivy for it...

It was probably mostly due to Samurott that his popularity grew so much.....but I like to think Oshawott has also grown on people by it's own merit.

Yea, I remember Tepig being my favorite of the 3, but then Oshawott grew on me because it just did. And I also love his whole "Samurai theme" going on.

Snivy reminded me of Treecko, who is really cool but I was never fond of because I liked Swampert and Blaziken more.

And again, Tepig used to be my favorite that was announced, but I was slightly discouraged when finding out that he was another dual type Fire/Fighting and when finding out that he was a slow fire/fighting type. I'm kind of tired of the repeated trend with fire starters. Three in a row seems a bit much.

But like I said in my previous post, I'll use Tepig in the eventual 3rd game cuz of the ice dragon pokemon who is sure to be the main legendary, and because I like Tepig over Snivy.

Sponge

It was sort of funny for me because when the starter silhouettes were first revealed (so we didn't really know what they looked like except for shape), my ranking of the starters was:

1. Snivy
2. Oshawott
3. Tepig

Then when what the starters actually looked were revealed it changed to:

1. Oshawott
2. Tepig
3. Snivy

and then after first learning their evolutions:

1. Snivy
2. Oshawott
3. Tepig

However Samurott grew on me a lot...it was mostly due to the shocking difference that made me uneasy about him....but I really like him now so it's strongly this:

1. Oshawott
2. Snivy
3. Tepig

I don't remember my preference of starters ever jumping around so much as with this gen. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.