• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimchar15

People have different tastes. Not everyone is going to like the same thing.

I don't think he meant that seriously. Anyways I have to go with Osha...Sni...TEPIG!!!!! Yeah I said it Tepig, Tepig was really popular until the whole fire/fighting thing why is why a lot of people aren't choosing. Seriously Emboar looks amazing and has a great movepool.

Sponge

I bet another reason that Oshawott has become more popular is because he is absolutely amazing in the anime. I think people thought he'd be too much like Piplup....but he's different. I love how he'll get all buzzed up for a battle...then see this big creature looming over him and push Pikachu out on to the field. Anime Oshawott has a great personality.

I bet it was also because Oshawott in the anime was shown to be quite a happy pokemon, whereas when they were first revealed everyone thought Oshawott was depressed.

ZelOfLight

Visionary of Light
I love a good challenge, so I'm going with the grass type Snivy. Grass types just appeal to me, I don't know why. But in my other game I'm probably going with Oshawott. Sorry, Tepig, but you're really not a starter I'd ever choose. :)

Zelda007

Total Bad-Owl
I'm going with Tepig. While I actually had to decide between all three starters (it's normally a clear decision), I was drawn to Emboar's design the most. Also, I can nickname him Ganonpork, and that's a huge plus in my book.

Oshawott,I have always picked fire starters in all the game sI have played but Tepig and its evolutions look horrible,Oshawott on the other hand looks cool and for some reason he reminds me of the epicness of squirtle.

Sharpedo_14

I shall pick Snivy. I think it is the best starter. He may not have the best movepool but I can overcome that easy. Plus his final form is awesome. Plus it is fast and has pretty decent defenses. Also I may soft reset for a shiny one because they are amazing looking.

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
I always go with the grass starter. Only rarely have I gone with something else. So Snivy it is.

Wallaroo42

Knight who says Ni
Tepig!

Because I love it's design. And Emboar's design. I like all the starters this time around but the little piggy pretty much had me sold since the beginning and nothing has been able to defer me, not even the awkward stat spread (why no defense emboar? :C)

Flaming beard FTW

vikingsteve

Call me Steve.
Snivy. Higher speed... and I want to test out the combo I have in mind for Serperior (juggling with Dragon Tail/Wring Out)

I can't believe Vine Whip only has 15 uses. It used to be 10... how is 15 better?!

Cobalt_Latios

Why doesnt anyone want Tepig. It's awesome! And people keep complaining that it's final evo looks stupid, but it looks awesome!
I think it looks awesome too... I'm just turned off by the fact that it hardly gets any Fighting type moves. I mean, sure, it does get them, but they're not in the most "easiest" way to obtain.

I'm gonna make an all fire team:

Emboar
Reshiram
Victini
Ho-Oh
Magmortar
Typhlosion
The lack of Chandelure disturbs me. To each their own I guess.

As for me, I choosing Snivy, as I have an affinity towards the more reptilian group (only exception being with Cyndaquil). That, and despite it's supposedly "limited" movepool, it's mainly a grass type with draconic aspects, and it can use those well enough. And I'm most likely going to be using Serperior in White.

If I do eventually get Black (which I plan on doing this summer), I'll likely be picking Oshawott, since it too has grown on me, and Samurott just looks awesome. Not sure about it's moveset, but hey, I'm not all that worried.

/CL

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oshawott all the way baby! I just have a soft spot for little Oshawott, so I'm going to be choosing it as my Starter Pokemon in Pokemon Black. I was planning on using something else, but I figure that Oshawott will ultimately be the better choice. I used to think that Oshawott was otterly ridiculous, but after seeing it in action in the anime, I know that it's a great Pokemon to have around.

RoninOtterai

take a guess as to who my starter was and will be agaiin in english....Like a poster above me, daikenki reminds me of when i first saw blastoise and told myself i must have him. He is like the antithesis of blastoise. mammal/reptile, warm/cold blooded, dual canons of epicness/dual swords of epicness, clean shaved look/ manly bearded look....etc.

bleeding-chocobo

On Cloud Nine
I'll be choosing Oshawott during my first playthrough in Black. :) I love his design, and his final evo is just amazing. I'll have to think up a good nickname for mine. I very rarely choose the water starter, but I love this guy, so he'll be journeying with me through Unova.

Then, when I start over I'll go with Tepig, then Snivy. (I always end up using each starter at one point).

river-wolf

Onward to Kalos!
Whoa, I'm surprised so many people are choosing Oshawott. I thought Snivy was going to be the most popular starter.

Anyway, I'm choosing Oshawott, at least for the first go round. I seem to always either love the fire type or water type starters, and since I'm not a huge fan of Tepig's evolutions, I'm going with Oshawott. Although, since I'm likely getting Black version as well, I'll probaby choose Snivy for that one. I must say, out of all the Pokemon games so far, I think it will be my favorite grass starter. Both it and Oshawott have EPIC looking final evolutions!

shady56

Blazing With Heart
i would like to have all three but its oshawott for me i always chose the grass and fire starters everytime i started out and i think its final evolution just drawn me in and it has a good movepool to me

Mister_SGG

I pre ordered White, and I'm picking Oshawott.

I'll eventually buy Black, and then it's Tepig, despite Fire-Fighting- getting old.

vikingsteve

Call me Steve.
It's just too bad none of the starters' final forms look badass. I mean, Samurott is the closest one to badass, but he's got nothing on Typhlosion, Charizard, or Blaziken. I'd probably have picked Tepig if Emboar didn't have the Fighting type with weak movesets (and bad speed... Fire type with bad speed = no no)

Missingno.Fan

I am going to take Snivy on my Black. I would have taken Tepig but I don't like the looks of it's evolved forms. I usually go for fire or grass types.

Status
Not open for further replies.