• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oshawott because I always choose the water type!
Plus Samurott just looks incredible - can't wait for it to make it's first appearance in the anime!

Kichōna

~Precious~
Oshawott baby! Allllll the way! ;)

First off, its absolutely ADORABLE. Second, I LOVE all the evolutions. Third, its a water type and lastly, just because I think Oshawott and I make a great team <3

I like Tepig's first evolution (He looks soooo Kichōna!!! :D), but the rest, heh heh... just not for me. ^^'

And Snivy...well, I WAS considering the little devil for my starter at first but after watching the new Black&White T.V. series, no offense to Snivy lovers/choosers but I just wanted to slap him bonkers! He seemed so cocky and...and stubborn!

But now I know, (after CAREFUL observation) that Oshawott is mine <3 I shall name her Kasumi or Isora! Isora is the name of the Japanese god of the seashore and Kasumi is a female Japanese name meaning "mist" or "fog"

Last edited:

KickAsh

halted development
Tepig because it's undeniably adorable, and I love its evolutions. Also, Emboar's low Speed and Defense suck, but its movepool (Boiling Water, Wild Bolt), design, interesting possible sets, and great Attack are awesome. Second play through is a toss-up, but will probably be all about Oshawott.

Myrrh

I'm choosing snivy because I am going to soft reset for a female and snivy's egg moves interested me the most out of the three. Also because my sister is choosing tepig and I always choose the fire starter, but I didn't want us to start out with the same one.

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
Oshawott.

Traditionally I've always started with the Water starter. I'm not a huge fan of Grass Pokemon and am a little upset with Tepig's Fire/Fighting evolutions. I'll admit, something different would have been nice. I won't be at loss without Tepig's Fighting type, either. BW has quite a few Fighting types that I'm more than impressed with.

Pre-Elite Four I'm not as concerned about movepools as I am their looks and learning about them.

Needs a Deoxys

I really don't know. It's probably between Snivy and Oshawott because I like their lines better. Tepig's not bad however. I usually pick the fire type though and I almost never pick the water type, so I'm not sure.

I'm leaning toward Oshawott in White and Snivy in Black but I'm subject to change my mind at any second. I guess Tepig won't completely be left out, as I'll pick it when Pokemon Gray comes out (Yes I'm calling it).

kogawolfman

Alpha Mightyena
Oshawott, because it has always appealed to me since it was revealed. And then its voice in the anime is adorable and tugs at my heartstrings.

I find it extremely interesting though, that there was an enormous amount of hate for Oshawott the first few months (or more) after it was revealed and almost everyone wanted to pick Snivy; and now the poll results obviously depict something quite different.

Aquarelle

Staff member
On my Japanese Black, I chose Snivy because I knew my sister wouldn't (doesn't really like grass starters), and because I don't want to use Snivy whenever I get White in English. :p

Whenever I get White, I will most likely be using Tepig. This is because I know my sister likes Oshawott the best, so she'll be chosing that if she gets the game. This leaves me with Tepig, so that we'll have all the starters bewteen us.

Haxorusfan

Dragon Trainer
Oshawot!!!!! Love his move set and he looks awesome!!!!!!
503_daikenki_front_shiny.png

PokeFandom

Shiny Pokemon Hunter
I'm choosing Snivy. I always choose the water starter each gen. I'm shaking it up and choosing grass. Not sure on a nickname though.

Raikou_fan

I'm definately going for Oshawott! Out of the three, it's the one that appealed to me most, and I almost always pick the water starter first anyway. Also, I think it's the one that will be most useful in the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Snivy or Tepig. I actually like them both. With Snivy, I couldn't make it fit my team very well. However, I would like to build a team around a perversity Jalorda(or whatever the English name is) at some point. Maybe I'll do that for Grey. As for Tepig, I just kind of resent Emboar for being ANOTHER fire/fighting type. I actually think I would enjoy using it, I just can't stand the thought of using ANOTHER fire/fighting starter.

Mindo

A town in Ecuador
I plan on ignoring my starter and training a Pidove instead. Though I am thinking of picking Mijumaru so my rival won't be using any ice-type moves against me. Then again, Emboar learns rock type moves... I'm still undecided! I'll decide once I get the game.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I'm going to pick Tepig because this is the starter I suspect will be the least popular. So far, it looks like I'm right.

I went to the mall tour at the Westfield Santa Anita last weekend, and Oshawott turned out to be the most popular starter there. They were sold out of Oshawott plushes first, and they were almost out of Oshawott styli.

luxrayshock

I had a tough time choosing between snivy and oshawott. I think I'll go with snivy because i want to use only 1 water poke on my ingame team and I'd rather it now be my starter.

KKInu

Tepig in one version, likely my main one, and Oshawott in the other for SURE. Last gen was the only gen where I failed to follow my pattern of picking the fire starter and I would like to go back to my old pattern. Plus I really like Tepig and he's currently the underdog now.

I'm picking Oshawott in the other version almost for the sole purpose of getting to battle Cilan, though I'm quite fond of the Daikenki line in general.

I like Snivy, but I'll likely wait til' the third version to pick one. I love grass types but for some reason I often fail to pick the grass starters

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Tepig in the first game I start. I try to rotate the types I start with, and I've done Grass (Turtwig) and Water (Totodile) recently, so next up is Fire. Since I'm getting both games, my other starter will be Snivy or Oshawott, but I haven't decided which one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.