• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Classy

Only RN with a PhD
I had to pick snivy bruh. he just looks pimpin'.

On Pokemon black I have started with oshawott because I usually start with one starter Pokemon and then my friends get the other starter Pokemon so we can breed them then give each other them, so we can all have all three of the starter Pokemon.

jaynadsho

Last time I chose Snivy.

This time, I pick Tepig and use it as an HM Slave.

I chose Oshawatt first in White because I normally choose the Water Pokemon starters. But then I chose Tepig because I found out how more stronger it is than Oshawatt.

Mestorn

Wandering Battler
I chose Oshawatt. While the Snivy line is very good, a defensive pokemon is hard to pull off for the far more offensive main game. That and I loved the versatility that Samurott has. Megahorn, and Grass Knot are not standard moves on water pokemon and allows Samurott to floor a large number of pokemon. Additionally, having a starter that can learn false swipe makes catching everything SO much easier.

Wishmaker Latias

All Bridges Burned, All Lessons Learned
Snivy because grass is my favorite type.
And I don't like tepig the second favorite type as much ,but It is still a cool starter.

Picked Oshawott. Seemed better than the others.

Nulava

Banned
Snivy. I chose it due to the fact that I loved it's design, which was based off of one of my favorite animals, Snakes.
Snivy's final evolution, Serperior, turned out to be everything I was hoping for. It also became one of my favorites as well. :)

Last edited:

Ghostehz

Relentless
I choose Oshawott for lots of reasons:

1. The HM Surf can be taught to the last evolved form of it, Samurott.
2. It looks cool.
3. It has balanced stats. Nothing too much or too little.
4. Find one for me.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
I picked Oshawott, since it'd had my favourite design from the start. And Samurott quickly secured that decision. It may not be very fast, but it's very well-rounded and has a decent movepool to choose from- whether you want to go physical or special is up to you.

Serperior is all right, although being speedy and defensive is kind of... strange. And Emboar isn't too bad, slow, but it hits like a truck and can take some hits on account of that HP. It also has the nicest shiny variation out of the three, imo~

Ruas

Definitely Oshawott. It had decent offensive stats without set-up & good enough speed to. Perfect for simple in-game fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.