• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
To stop the constant creation of threads like this, I shall make an official one.
As the title asks, which among the Unova starters will you be journeying with?

495.png
#495. Snivy. [More info here.]
:: Type: Grass
:: Ability: Overgrow/Perversity (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Snivy >> Servine (Lv17) >> Serperior (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (45), Attack (45), Defense (55), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (55), Speed (63)

498.png
#498. Tepig. [More info here.]
:: Type: Fire
:: Ability: Blaze/Thick Fat (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Tepig >> Pignite (Lv17) >> Emboar (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (65), Attack (63), Defense (45), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (45), Speed (45)

501.png
#501. Oshawott. [More info here.]
:: Type: Water
:: Ability: Torrent/Shell Armor (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Oshawott >> Dewott (Lv17) >> Samurott (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (55), Attack (55), Defense (45), Sp. Attack (63), Sp. Defense (45), Speed (45)

You can share your reasons as to why you'd pick it.
And feel free to share what its nickname gonna be.

Ledyba

I sleep with bugz.
For black, Oshawott, because I always choose the Water starter on my first run. And for white, Tepig, because my friend chooses Snivy. That way we have all 3 starters.

Poke_Mania97

God of Fire
i think i will go with snivy and oshawott in black and tepig in white

Aurath8

Tepig. So far I have always chosen the Fire starter, and the other two have much worse movepools. It also means I dont need to find a space for a fighting type. (I need a solid fighting type in all of my teams as I had a terrible experience in HG when my only fighting moves were Focus Blast on Typhlosion and Ampharos and really struggled because my team was bad in general.)
He is also the best starter when it comes to gyms doing great against the second, third and seventh gyms, while Snivy is good in one gym and Dewott is good in one too.
So yeah, suitable typing, more effective at gyms, better movepool and I like his design better.

Soriana

Musketeerific!
Snivy all the way. I'm usually a Water-type person, but Snivy just appeals to me so much. I love snakes, and nature, and the color green, and... yeah.

It shall be male, and its nickname shall be Jeremy.

SneaselClaw

Oshawott, it's got my favourite final evolution of the 3 and the last time I chose the water starter was in Silver.

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
I am picking Oshawott! Oshawott is my favorite out of the starters. It is just so awesome! I really like Samurott so I can't wait to have my own. It is an awesome water type and I havn't chose a water starter on my first time before. I want to have an awesome adventure with my Oshawott. I am going to name mine Aqua.

Aegon

I'm picking Oshawott, because it appeals to me more than the others do. I usually pick the water starter. It shall be nicknamed Triton. My second choice would be Tepig, however.

Last edited:

Shien

I'll pick Snivy in my white version. Just because I like the last form of that Pokémon.
And there's another reason. I wanted to choose Snivy or Oshawott in my japanese black version. I chose Oshawott. So now I want to see the adventure with Snivy.
Oshawott is a good choice too. I learned him TM (like surf and cascade).

I don't like Tepig final form... So it is why I don't hesitate between Snivy and Tepig

Shadow XD001

Tepig. I like the Fire Type Starters from all Generations (even though I like the Treecko Line better than the Torchic Line) Also, my brother is choosing Oshawott, and we could get each other Starter's Data in our PokeDex. Hopefully one of my friends will choose Snivy.

rocky505

I chose Oshawott on my Japan Black. So I will go with Tepig for my White. I won't pick Snivy due to it's Awful movepool.

Riversong

Buggy down.
Oshawott, though it seems to be the most popular starter. Oh well. I like water types, and the final evo has really grown on me.

Next would be Snivy. I don't like Tepig's evo line.

LeviNifty

Probably gunna pick Smugleaf since I love the design for the 1st and 2nd evo and its stats arent bad but I dont like its last evo much so i might just not evolve it on its second stage =p

Oshawott.
I liked it from the start and did never think it was a rip-off of Piplup(luckely people stopped that). I think it looks both cute and cool. Water is also my favorite type among Fire/Grass/Water. I also love the evolutions and I don't care if Samurott doesn't lokk that much like Oshawott and Dewott. It is also a good mixed sweeper and is one of the best water types of Unova.

May we have an undecided option for the poll?
I think my friend will be choosing Snivy or possibly Oshawott and so I will pick the two opposites, although i still think i may just box them as even though i will not complain, I do not like these starters as much, usually it's easy for me but not at all this time. There is also that many other awesome pokemon of the same types as the starters as to not need them.
etc.
Tepig line < Chandellure and Volcarona
Oshawott line < Caracossta, Seismitoad and Jellicent
Snivy line < Lilligant, Sawsbuck, Ferrothorn
(all of the above are in my opinion, others may certainly vary)
There are just way too many other awesome pokemon that i like more-so.

MagnetonNr1

Steel-type Trainer
I will pick Oshawott, because when I first play a Pokémon game, I usually go with the Water starter. Plus I don't like any of the other Water Pokémon in Unova.

iltwbtsiodfau

I will probably choose snivy in white and oshawott in black. im kinda really wanting a fire type starter though since i never played through hg ss with cyndaquil but i strongly dislike tepigs evolutions so im not sure that ill pick tepig

DaTreeko =3

Be VERY afraid.
I'm getting an Oshawott for Black and choosing Snivy for the 3rd version. :p
I'm picking Oshawott because I plan to have a fir and grass type on my final team, and there really isn't alot of water types.(from what i've seen)
Snivy is because I want a Panpour. I love them Panpour. Plus, I've really liked snakes.
And Serperier(sp?) is so elegant, every time I think about it, I imagine it is some King or Butler for some fancy people or Pokemon. At first I was all liek, "OMG SNAKE! IT'S A SNAKE! SNAKKKKKEE! Gamefreak, I had the feeling you and me shared similar thoughts!"
(I had a perfect idea of a snake starter, and *poof* It's there!)

Status
Not open for further replies.