• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bushie

is anyone else warming up to tepig.at first i said it blows but now hmm

BW202

Onyx-ceptable!!!
I like all of this generation's starters equal (like Hoenn's who are the best to me). At first I really liked Tepig and Snivy the best but not so much Oshawott. Now that I've seen the anime, I've grown to adore Oshawott and I like them all equal. I'm going with Snivy because I want a little challenge and he is actually a tiny bit more liked by me. Btw why are people hating on Emboar? I can understand if you're a girl, but he's so bulky and masculine, it gives him a sort of swagger.

RainbowBob

Rainbow Trainer
Oshowott :D Water is the easiest one to start with :D

4Loko

Everytime a new pokemon game comes I used to go with a grass type but since treeko failed me on sapphire I went with Piplup on pearl and at the end of the game that useless penguin failed me too so im gonna go with a fire type this time around Tepig it is.

Felix Thunderheart

Pokemon Breeder J.L.
Shivy on my main file and Tepig or Oshawott on my female file. For my female file it all in what my friend pick for his female file. Me and my friend getting both games. My main file is black and his white. He going get Oshawott, because he start off with water pokemon. With me it just random. I like Shiny so I going with it with my black, With my friend Black, he don't know, and with my white it not going be same as both is his games.

antuzd

pokemon OWNer
im getting tepig
my bro is getting snivy
and my friend is getting oshawott so in the end we'll all have all 3

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Tepig is who I choose when they revealed the starters. I saw him and said "Fire Pig, awesome!. Using that." So I'm going to keep my word to myself and use him. I'm not thrilled about him being fire/fighting but I hear he is still a great pokemon.

Snivy will be my secondary game's choice.

-;248;

Definitely Tepig.

Snivy lacks power and Oshawott lacks something special. Tepig has a good performance at the gyms and an interesting movepool.

pokeaussie37

I will use all of them on at least one playthrough, but I will probably pick Smugleaf first, Oshawott a close second, and Tepig third. At least with starter's you're always assured of a good Pokemon, and no matter which one you pick it's not going to help you with the first gym.

ayeeprill

Shorts Boy- my hero!
I can't decide between Snivy and Oshawatt!

Snivy is so..snooty and fierce, whereas Oshawott is adorable and its final form is epic.

cdbat88

well i start with tepig always like having a fire pokemon as my starter. also if i get both version i would pick oshwatt cuz he wicked cool in the show and cool pokemon in general

XDLugia

Precursor
I'm gonna go with Snivy.

Reasons:
A) I always pick the reptile. Lol.
B) Oshawott looks too similar to Piplup.
C) Fire/Fighting starters are getting REEEAAAALLL old.

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Snivy. It's my favorite of the first-forms, and it and Oshawott are tied for my favorite second- and third-forms. Couldn't care less about Tepig. -.-

Relinquicide

Oshawott - Final form looks cool, and I almost never pick the water type.

Tepig - I don't like the look of it, and the type is NOT original.

Snivy - always pick the grass type, so not picking grass for a change.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
I'm going to choose Snivy because it looks awesome and I like snakes :)
Plus, I seem to always choose the grass starter (apart from with Platinum because I chose Piplup as the female character is Dawn.)

LostMetagross

He's Lost. He Stong.
For Pokémon white, Bacon the Tepig. His final form is EPICISHNESS I mean come on now. His sholders are on FIREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Anydays.
For Pokémon black, Herbie the Snivy. Eversince I chose turtwig i've beeen liking grass types. His movepool is pretty bad, maybe but hes nice a speedy and im choosing a pretty slow team sooooooooooooo. Hes mine!
Oshawott.. I was ganna trade so i could have all three but oshawott is just... lacking somthing. I dunno... so no Oshawott.

Bulbatordile

Who can say?
I'll be picking Oshawott. I like all its stages, particularly Samurott. Its one of my favourite 5th gen water pokemon and my favourite water starter since Mudkip.

Status
Not open for further replies.