• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to pick Tepig because I like how it's final evolution looks like Ganon from The Legend of Zelda (even though a lot of people don't seem to like it). I also like Snivy and its fully evolved Serperior. I like Oshawott and Dewott. I really don't care for Samurott at all.

Dunsparce4prez

I'll pick Tepig. I always pick water starters and I just reached the Elite 4 in Platinum with Torterra. I just started HG with Cyndaquil, so I guess I'm giving fire starters some love.

Oh yeah, and his nickname will be Kimbo. He's a fighting type and kind of reminds me of Kimbo Slice. Google him.

Last edited:

elorasheppard

I couldnt decide so Im going for all 3. Tepig on black and both Snivy and Oshawott on White :)

I think Snivy just edges the other two out though.

ShizuChan

~Noobish Trainer~
Oshawott, I played the japanese a bit and well, I tried all 3 starters out.
I liked Oshawott better then the others and lucky for me also the last evolution was more my prefrence.
Snivy's line is nice in looks too but well, playing with Snivy wasn't so wonderfull (to me)
And Tepig is cute first but omg his final evolution is just.. blergh to me XD also, well ... it's been a few times now that the fire starts evo are fire/fight
And i seen a nicer fighting pokemon that i want in my team <3

noodlestrudels

Meh Trainer
TEPIIIIIG!

He`s really cute, and he looks like he`ll have the advantage wheen it comes to gym leaders. I`m excited, four more days :D

Saturdays

495.png
#495. Snivy. [More info here.]
:: Type: Grass
:: Ability: Overgrow/Perversity (Dream World)
:: Evolution Chain: Snivy >> Servine (Lv17) >> Serperior (Lv36)
:: Base Stats: HP (45), Attack (45), Defense (55), Sp. Attack (45), Sp. Defense (55), Speed (63)

Picking this one. I don't usually choose grass starters, but I just love its final evolution form.

I'm not really keen on the other starters either =\ I like Oshawott but I don't like his final form really. Maybe I'll grow into it.

Frostcat

Icy Cool
Much as I would adore picking Tepig, I can't stand for another fire/fighting type pokemon in my team for a good long while.

So, I will be picking Oshawott, because it's cute but it evolves into a cool looking pokemon!

SonicSandslash

Dragon Tamer Ryan
I Choose You!

Oshawott because he is the coolest final evolution
Tepig and its evolution just looks stupid and ugly
Snivy was a second choice but Grass type has never really appealed to me since Bulbasaur

LostMetagross

He's Lost. He Stong.
Sonic sandslash it's not that I dont respect your opinion but FYI the other two arent ugly. So shut up. ThEre awesome. If you saw some massive dude with flaming shoulders.. Would you call him ugly. Well apparently you would. Plus oshawott has no purpose. Embours there to kill. And lose hp. Snivy whip you with speed and defend. Oshawotts there to... Look cute. Not starter materiel. Soz but i win

Dr. Leggs

Astral Cowboy
Sonic sandslash it's not that I dont respect your opinion but FYI the other two arent ugly.
Opinions. People have them.

So shut up.
Rudeness. Reported.

ThEre awesome.
Opinion.

If you saw some massive dude with flaming shoulders.. Would you call him ugly. Well apparently you would.
If I saw a dude with flaming shoulders, I wouldn't call him cool.

Plus oshawott has no purpose.
Doesn't make sense.

Embours there to kill.
Samurott destroys Emboar in battle.

And lose hp.
???

Snivy whip you with speed and defend.
And then destroyed by Megahorn, Ice Beam or Air Slash.

Oshawotts there to... Look cute. Not starter materiel. Soz but i win
No, you don't.

The Oncoming Storm

I went to jared
Opinions. People have them.

Rudeness. Reported.

Opinion.

If I saw a dude with flaming shoulders, I wouldn't call him cool.

Doesn't make sense.

Samurott destroys Emboar in battle.

???

And then destroyed by Megahorn, Ice Beam or Air Slash.

No, you don't.

Haha ever thing the good dr. said was stated perfectly. Looks like lost metagross should get back under his bridge.

Other news. Im getting oshawott cause well its like a samuri, sea lion, and nowhal hybrid kick arse poke. Then on black tepig because its grown on me a bunch. And on a replay of black snivy. Though I find grass starters useless.

bushie

oshawott definetely beacause i always go with water. totodile in kanto,mudkip in hoenn and squirtle in kanto. i realize that water starters make the game much easier

smashbro77

oshawott definetely beacause i always go with water. totodile in kanto,mudkip in hoenn and squirtle in kanto. i realize that water starters make the game much easier

lol the game is usually so easy even without the water starters for me i think with black im gonna try to get the crappiest pokemon i can find to give myself a challenge

Umbra2388

Electric trainer
Tepig definetely! really not so keen on snivy and its last evolution.
Oh and oshawott for white version.

Dark7

Aura Trainer
I pick Tepig. I like the way how fire type starter pokemon were designed. And, tts evolution looks amazing.

Umbra2388

Electric trainer
I pick Tepig. I like the way how fire type starter pokemon were designed. And, tts evolution looks amazing.

Agree Emboar looks brilliant

Roll

Too busy to be busy
Snivy, of course. Grass-types are my favorites and I simply adore defensive/bulky Pokemon!

Status
Not open for further replies.