• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starter Will You Pick? (and Why?)

Which Start Wil You Choose?

• Snivy

Votes: 656 36.0%
  • Tepig

Votes: 414 22.7%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 753 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iyashii

Snivy in White, Oshawott in Black solely so I can grab a Tepig and call it good.

I always, ALWAYS pick the starter that looks the most reptilian.
Charmander-Cyndaquil-Treeko-Turtwig-Snivy

Doesn't matter what type.
And if there are more than one, such as Gen 1, then whichever is most related to that of a lizard.

I choose Tepig because he was cute. And when I got to train him, he was a bad-*** on the field. So I am happy with my choice. :3

Red421

Uses Ubers
I first chose Oshawott because he was the best looking of the three. I was pleasantly surprised by both the fact that he learned fighting moves and was quite strong defensively and offensively. His final evolution also came as a pleasant surprise to me. he did me well through the first 8 gyms on white.

I've now chosen snivy twice simply due to the fact that it causes you to have simipour gifted and victini is easily obtainable (if you send over a master ball.) I'm not a big fan of snivy or simipour so I am only gonna continue to use them through this one game. gonna send over previous starters to breed. oh and tepig was just unattractive for my tastes.

Kenta master

Marsh Trainer
For me it's easy, since Red/Blue I have choosen the FireStarters, ;004;, ;155;, ;255;, ;390;, so now in this 5th Gen I have choosen Tepig.

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
I chose Oshawott because he's adorable, and because I REALLY wanted to battle Cilan in the first gym. <3

Leala

Old School Trainer
I chose Snivy. I wanted a bit more of a Challenge and the poor grass Pokemon is always under rated :(

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
I went with Snivy simply because we had to pick something. The starters are alright but there are far more useful Pokemon along the way.

SmashBoxxx

Rock Hard Defense
I always go for the Fire Types because fire is my specialty. But with White, i went with Snivy & Black was all about Tepig.

Grei

not the color
Snivy in White, Oshawott in Black solely so I can grab a Tepig and call it good.

I always, ALWAYS pick the starter that looks the most reptilian.
Charmander-Cyndaquil-Treeko-Turtwig-Snivy

Doesn't matter what type.
And if there are more than one, such as Gen 1, then whichever is most related to that of a lizard.

Why did you go with Cyndaquil in Gen 2, then? Cyndaquil's the only mammal of the Johto Starters--according to what you said, you should have picked Totodile.

Pyroli

Banned
Well I usually just pick the starter who's looks are nicest to me. In this region that just happened to be a Snivy <3

Kanto --- Johto --- Hoenn --- Sinnoh --- Unova
Bulbasaur --- Chikorita --- Mudkip --- Piplup --- Snivy

Never picked a fire starter ever~

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Tepig, he's cute and so underrated (anyone who says Oshawott is an underdog is just an idiot if you look at the poll).

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Until three days before I bought my game, I was Oshawott all the way.

Even now, I still want Oshawott. I'll probably buy White and choose it then, or wait til that 3rd version comes out. But I chose Tepig.

Something about it just. I wanted Tepig, not Oshawott. And I picked it, and it was a total beast the first half of the game, until Pokemon started getting heavier. Heat Crash loss some sparkle, so I swapped it for Flamethrower. Decent. When Flare Blitz becomes available, nucking futs. Rollo will be back in business.

travisjb1990

I choose Tepig. I choose it because it is awesome and it is my favorite starter!

Last edited:

scizor42

Back from break
I chose oshawott because it is has the strongest final evolution.
Serperior- low stats. Not worth it without dw ability.
Emboar- low speed.
Samurott- in general balanced, but its movepool is lacking.

Taihaku

Aspiring Trainer
Snivy, because I love it's final evolution. Plus always pick the grass~type for my first run excluding Heart Gold. ;251;

Iyashii

Why did you go with Cyndaquil in Gen 2, then? Cyndaquil's the only mammal of the Johto Starters--according to what you said, you should have picked Totodile.

Hmm look at that.

I think I may have linked Cyndaquil with Charmander from the previous Gen, so I immediately choose Cyndaquil and disregarded the others all together.

And thinking about it, a crocodile would be much cooler than an anteater lol.

Natty

Electric Rodent
I started with an Oshawott because I just think he's the cutest of them all. x3; and I wanted a Litwick and a Whimsicott over the other two starters.~

Status
Not open for further replies.