• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which starter would you like to see Ash take with him? (Possible Spoilers)

If Ash were to take a Kanto starter to the Kalos region, which one should he choose

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Charizard

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sprinter1988

So recently we learned that Professor Sycamore will be handing out the Kanto starters rather than the Kalos ones.
If, as a nod to this, the anime writers were to have Ash take one of his three Kanto starters with him to Unova, which one would you want it to be?

Personally, I'd say Bulbasaur because I'd really like for it to evolve at least once.

Last edited:

Rovian

Kodoku no Koori
Bulbasaur has a job on Oak's ranch to prevent pokemon from fighting each other. If he leaves, the pokemon will start fighting again but maybe another pokemon can take its place.
Squirtle is probably busy with the Squirtle Squad, but can probably take some time off to visit Ash.
Charizard is training and can take breaks whenever he wants.

If any, it might be Charizard.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Imo, it would be between Bulbasaur and Squirtle because they didn't get nearly as much development as Charizard. I'd lean towards Squirtle just because.

LizardonX

Banned
Bulbasaur has a job on Oak's ranch to prevent pokemon from fighting each other. If he leaves, the pokemon will start fighting again but maybe another pokemon can take its place.
Squirtle is probably busy with the Squirtle Squad, but can probably take some time off to visit Ash.
Charizard is training and can take breaks whenever he wants.

If any, it might be Charizard.

I'm pretty sure if stuff like infernape or krookodile got into a fight bulbasaur would be kinda screwed ;)

Anyways i say charizard because the writers need to redeem him for not doing anything in BW.

Sprinter1988

It depends, are they going to evolve? If so then neither.

They don't have to evolve, no. I just put Bulbasaur as my answer because I wanted to see it as an Ivysaur. But there is the possibility of taking them along new routes without evolving them. There are plenty of new moves they could learn, like Seed Bomb, Power Whip or Venoshock for Bulbasaur, or maybe Water Pulse, Gyro Ball or Zen Headbutt for Squirtle (yes, I know that Power Whip is technically an egg move for Bulbasaur, but that never stopped Pikachu from learning Volt Tackle, and its a powered up version of Vine Whip anyway) and who knows what moved Generation 6 will offer them.

I'm pretty sure if stuff like infernape or krookodile got into a fight bulbasaur would be kinda screwed ;)

Anyways i say charizard because the writers need to redeem him for not doing anything in BW.

You got that right. Also for the moves they gave him - Slash and Wing Attack

Akaryu

Charizard indeed does have the best shot to return for a Mega Evolution but that would be too obvious. I woud like it if Bulbasaur finally decides to grow up.

ash's pokemon wont fight with each other plus he has other pokemon now that can help him

MattySadler

Bulbasaur is one of my all time favourite Pokemon, both actual Bulbasaur and the anime character, so I'm always happy to see it in Ash's team, but evolution wouldn't suit it and it specifically doesn't want to evolve. Squirtle, on the other hand, has never had evolution touched upon, and it'd be nice to see it back with Ash, so I'd be all for it.

Navin

MALDREAD
Hard to say. All three don't really need any more development and have nothing really to prove. Bulbasaur is needed at the ranch. Squirtle is needed for the Squirtle Squad. Charizard wants to always get stronger, so it would always has a place belonging on Ash's team. But even Ash admitted way back in Johto that Charizard is too OP and needs heftier challenges so it should belong at the Charicific Valley.

I'd actually say Bulbasaur because he's a beast and he would serve as Ash' s grass-type Pokemon for the region.

But I'm fairly certain Charizard has to make an appearance sometime to Mega evolve.

Hard to say. All three don't really need any more development and have nothing really to prove. Bulbasaur is needed at the ranch. Squirtle is needed for the Squirtle Squad. Charizard wants to always get stronger, so it would always has a place belonging on Ash's team. But even Ash admitted way back in Johto that Charizard is too OP and needs heftier challenges so it should belong at the Charicific Valley.

I'd actually say Bulbasaur because he's a beast and he would serve as Ash' s grass-type Pokemon for the region.

But I'm fairly certain Charizard has to make an appearance sometime to Mega evolve.

bulbasaur doesnt need to be at the ranch anymore imo he has torterra and snivy(to some extent) to replace bulbasaur

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
As far as his Kanto starters, none. If it had to be any, it should be Bulbasaur. It seemed like it was most ignored out of the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.