• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starters From Each Gen/Region Will You Choose?

Which Combination of Starters Will You Choose?

• Chikorita

Votes: 536 23.1%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 1,108 47.8%
  • Totodile

Votes: 843 36.4%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 855 36.9%
  • Treecko

Votes: 924 39.9%
  • Torchic

Votes: 615 26.5%
  • Charmander

Votes: 1,086 46.9%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 722 31.2%
  • Bulbasaur

Votes: 650 28.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fonz

Totodile, Charmander, and Torchic....excatly what I chose when I first had those options!

Chikorita, Torchic and Squirtle.

Im going for the underdog starters.

Underdogs? Lol. I only consider one of this pokemon in this trio as an underdog and that is Chikorita and that's only because it will get owned Falkners gym. But I would totally pick these three because their final evolutions. Meganium, Blaziken, and Blastoise will own!!! Hmmm... I'll just pumped them up with them speed vitamins... Lol. They will need it.

Channy13

Water Vamp Trainer
Mudkip is obviously the best water pokemon out of the 3 :D
Cyndaquil is just cool
and Bulbasaur because i havent played a round with Venasaur ever!

AlexG123

Pokefan
either chickorita or totodile, bulbasaur or squirtle, and torchic or treeko

Chikorita, Torchic and Charmander. My original choices for their respective games

slowdude

Since I'm getting HG and SS I shall chose

SS Chikorita Mudkip Charmander
HG Totodile Torchic Bulbasaur

Fumbles16

Balance is Key!
I would go with Cyndaquil for the pure awesomeness of Typhlosion, Squirtle because it has FREAKING CANNONS, and Sceptile simply because Leaf Blade is an epic win ( and if you want a ground/water combo, dont pick mudkip, just catch a barboach later)

Fumbles16

Balance is Key!
I would go with Cyndaquil for the pure awesomeness of Typhlosion, Squirtle because Blastoise has FREAKING CANNONS, and Treecko simply because Leaf Blade is an epic win ( and if you want a ground/water combo, dont pick mudkip, just catch a barboach later)

As I've already started my HeartGold with Chikorita, once I get to this point in the game, I'll probably pick Mudkip and Charmander. All three of them were historically my favorite starters from their respective generations. And hey, nostalgia trips are always fun.

Zipideedooda6

Fire Mouse
Cyndaquil: Favorite pokemon
Bulbasaur: I've always liked it because it's grass/poison and I adore the plant on it's back!
Torchic: Cute, plus Blaziken is awesome

Master_of_grass

War Never Changes
SS: Totodile, Treecko, Charmander
HG: Chikorita, Torchic, Bulbasaur.

ForteAnly

HG: Totodile, Bulbasaur, Torchic
SS: Cyndaquil, Squirtle, Treecko

pk-kid

bulbasaur totodile and torchic best ones up there imo
and for 4th gen turtwig even though its not up there

Last edited:

Super Aviator

Rayquaza's Landlord
Totodile, Torchic, Bulbasaur.
Previously, I had a thing for the bird/flying-inspired starters: Charmander (-> Zard) on LeafGreen, Torchic on Emerald, and Piplup on Diamond.
Nowadays, that hasn't really changed ('cept for Mudkip in Emerald since Roxanne was annoying me), but the 2G starters lack any bird or flying influence. So Water it is. My Zard from FireRed will do just fine, freeing me up for the Kanto Grass starter in SoulSilver, and completing my starter type trinity.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
I don't like using the different types. There are only three that I even LIKE, and those would be Chikorita, Torchic, and Charmander. But if I had to use a water Pokemon, it would be Totodile, because I can not stand Mudkip.

Dark Dranzer

I'm gonna go with Treecko, Squirtle and Cyndaquil. I want a balance of types for my starters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.