• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Starters Would Ash have Chosen?

Rune Knight

If given the choice, which of the starters do you think that Ash would have chosen in each of their respective regions?

Bellow I will be sharing my own list and thoughts on the subject, so feel free to share yours as well.

For one, I believe that Ash's original first choice was supposed to be Squirtle, so to me that is sufficient enough to take it at face value and exclude Kanto from the list, but of course, you don't have to follow my direction.

To me, Ash seems like the type of trainer to choose the coolest looking Pokémon over the ones that look too playful and adorable; and wouldn't really have any prior knowledge or pay attention to what he believes would play out best in battles.

In Johto, I believe that Ash would choose Totodile, as he was incentive towards competing with Misty over the one that he ended up getting in the OS.

In Hoenn, I believe that Ash would definitely choose Treecko, as he immediately saw an interest towards one at Professor Birch's lab.

In Sinnoh, I believe that Ash would choose Turtwig, no reason other than it bears a calm and collected demeanor that gives it chilly vibes. I would say Chimchar, but I feel like Ash would see it as being too childish for his taste at first glance.

In Unova, I think that Ash would choose Snivy, same reason as Turtwig, and it looks like it is battle ready.

In Kalos, I think that Ash would choose Froakie, as I believe that Fennekin would come off as being a little too feminine, and Chespin as a little childish.

In Alola, I definitely think that he would go with Litten.

In Galar, this is a tough one but I feel like he'd go with Scorbunny, as a match to his more energetic personality. Sobble might come off as too shy, and Grookey as a little too playful.

In Hisui, I think that he'd go with Cyndaquill, just because of the flames.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Kanto - Squirtle
Johto - Totodile
Hoenn - Treecko
Sinnoh - Chimchar
Unova - Oshawott
Kalos - Froakie
Alola - Litten
Galar - Scorbunny or Grookey
PokeSpain - Fuecoco or Quaxly

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Kanto - Squirtle
Johto - Cyndaquil
Hoenn - Treecko
Sinnoh - Turtwig
Unova - Snivy
Kalos - Chespin
Hoenn - Litten
Galar - Grookey
Pokespain - The water type starter

Red and Blue

Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Chikorita
Hoenn: Treecko
Sinnoh: Chimchar
Unova: Oshawott
Kalos: Froakie
Alola: Litten
Galar: Scorbunny
PokeSpain: TBD

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Kanto: Squirtle
Johto: Cyndaquil
Hoenn: Treecko
Sinnoh: Chimchar
Unova: Snivy
Kalos: Froakie
Alola: Litten
Galar: Scorbunny
Gen 9: Quaxly

Sham

The Guardian of War
Weird but I would of liked Ash to have a Primarina since it doesn’t seem like it’s his usually style and he’s never owned a Fairy Type