1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Which Striaton brother did you battle?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by NovaBrunswick, May 16, 2018 at 8:58 AM.

?

Which one of the Striaton brothers did you fight?

1. Cilan (Grass)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Chili (Fire)

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Cress (Water)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. NovaBrunswick

NovaBrunswick Canada Connoisseur

Striaton City Gym had three siblings as Gym Leaders: the Grass-type brother Cilan, the Fire-type brother Chili, and the Water-type brother Cress. Which brother you fought depended on your starter - so if you chose Snivy you'd fight Chili, if you chose Tepig you'd fight Cress, and if you chose Oshawott you'd fight Cilan.

So which one of the brothers did you fight?

Since I chose Tepig, I fought Cress with his Panpour. I got Pansage from the Dreamyard to help me out.

(This only applies to the original Black/White; the brothers retired in B2/W2, but they can still be battled.)

Aquarelle and Mega Altaria like this.
  2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria Super Sweet Sylveon

In White (I didn't get Black), I battled Chili because I picked Snivy. When I first challenged him, I didn't have any Pokémon that resisted Fire so my Pokémon didn't do too well against him. Then I went to the Dreamyard to get Panpour and I used it to defeat Chili eventually.

Aquarelle and NovaBrunswick like this.
  3. Aquarelle

Aquarelle Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I've fought each one at least once due to playing through BW several times. The very first one I battled, though, was Chili; this was during my first Black playthrough years ago, where I picked Snivy as my starter.

NovaBrunswick and Mega Altaria like this.
  4. Cat's Eye Draco

Cat's Eye Draco Well-Known Member

Chili's the one I've probably battled the most, since I usually pick Snivy as a starter. I'm pretty sure I've battled them all at least once, though.

NovaBrunswick likes this.
  5. Mr. Reloaded

Mr. Reloaded Git Gud

Cress.

Not all that surprised people went the Snivy route and fought Chilli though.

6. Leonhart

Leonhart Disney fanatic

I fought Dent (Cilan), which didn't matter much since his brothers wouldn't have been much different as opponents since they simply used a different elemental monkey type.