• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action Movie?

Wich studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action movie?

• Warner Brothers

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Legendary Pictures

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Ashton Ketchum

As you know - are now three large companies are fighting for the right to be adapted to the big screen with live actors of our beloved franchise. And this - Warner Brothers, Legendary Pictures and Sony Pictures. Which studio you entrust the future Pokemon live action movie?
Legendary - they already have big monsters (Godzilla, King Kong e.t.c). Not!
Sony - Not too! They and Nintendo rivals! After all - they make movies about Sonic the Hedgehog and Angry Birds, and ruined Ghostbusters and Spider-Man, twice.
Warner Brothers - Yes! After all - they released in rest of the world first movies. And i hope they make cool soundtrack like in first 2 movies. :)
I am for Warner!

giu

i'm with warner too, and secondly, legendary pictures.

But I'm afraid how it will turn. If they make for children, it will became ridiculous. They should produce something likethe fan made apokelipse with Red as protagonist.
Or a Pokemon series with each season focusing on every generation.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Not Sony, anything but Sony....... they'll ruin it like they ruined the Amazing Spider-Man franchise

UmbreonRanger

Pokemon Theorist
I believe Legendary would be the best option. They have done great with other movies, while I think that Warner Bros hasn't done so well. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Batman franchise. :)

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Legendary works with Universal, who I think is the best studio to handle live-action Pokemon movies - or rather, distribute while a newly-formed Nintendo division dedicated to film making produces them in-house. The adaptation of the G1 games should be directed by Ron Howard, who would also produce through Imagine Entertainment. I'd also like Steven Spielberg to produce through Amblin Entertainment.

Red should be played by Jared S. Gilmore, who plays Henry on Once Upon a Time. Professor Oak should be played by Steve Carell who has a long relationship with NBCUniversal.

The reason why I think Universal should do it is because NBCUniversal has had history with the Pokemon franchise. Universal was the previous US distributor for anime film 11, and has distributed some the recent anime films in Europe. NBC is the network that airs the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, which since 2001 has had a Pikachu float. Another reason why I think Universal is the one - their history of setting box office records. Read their Wikipedia article for more info.

Nyter

Island Challenger
None. A live-action Pokemon film is destined to flop IMO, no matter which studio produces it...

I beg to differ. Pokemon is still highly regarded in modern society, especially in memes and social media. I could see it being a Hit given a proper plot, great action sequences, and stellar graphics. People still like Pokemon aside from us die hard fans.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm I guess Warner Brothers would be good given their track record. I just dunno if it's even worth the time and money given that it's not 1999 anymore. ^^;

Gillachu

Banned
I beg to differ. Pokemon is still highly regarded in modern society, especially in memes and social media. I could see it being a Hit given a proper plot, great action sequences, and stellar graphics. People still like Pokemon aside from us die hard fans.

The franchise is still way past its prime, though.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Don't think any studio could handle the job, it is a bit awkward trying to put cartoony creatures in a live-action setting (not sure whether going the route used by Space Jam and Roger Rabbit would work here) and one bad movie could easily ruin the reputation of the Pokémon series.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I honestly don't trust anyone.

We don't need a live action film, especially one where the characters will all likely be whitewashed to holy hell.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
None. Funnily enough I always imagined a live action movie when I was younger, but now, even with the technology we have.... I don't think I really want it to come true :c
It just would feel... odd *^*

Serene Havoc

Anyone mentioned Disney yet?

edit: oops so it's just out of those three possible candidates.

Last edited:

TheJLeeTeam

JLeeTeam
The correct answer is: None. If someone made a live action Pokémon movie it would likely be really bad much like the Super Mario Bros. movie.

zozo

SLIMED!
The correct answer is: None. If someone made a live action Pokémon movie it would likely be really bad much like the Super Mario Bros. movie.

Agreed. Besides the fact that video game movies have a REALLY bad reputation, live action Pokemon would be insanely difficult to do well. I think sticking with anime movies is best for it. Trying to show off a lot of the "normal" things in Pokemon just wouldn't look right in live action. It'd be bizarrely cartoony. Pokemon is best left to realms like anime and manga, where the absurd stuff looks natural and the epic stuff can really shine through.

Tuvixer

I just don't get it why you don't even want to give it a try?
Why not see how they make it, it could be something awesome. :)

Are there any more new news about this live action film?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think Pokemon is better left as anime than live action. I don't see how a live action version would work to be honest.