• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which things you wish the anime hadn't change from the pokemon games?

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
More PLA stuff, if they didn't wanna do another time travel thing they could have used Project Mid to introduce the other Hisui mons

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
The more concrete role of the E4s. We barely see them and it’s not super clear what they’re supposed to be in the grand scheme of things.

Some of the changes to gym leader ace pokemons and team, but it’s really a case by case basis. Some i like the changes for.

Contests. Not a fan of the anime’s ‘battle’s with more arbitrary rules’ approach.

Team plasma’s inclusion and story definitely.

I guess most of the S&M game plot and character changes. Not a fan of the school setting that was barely used in the end.

The super simplified Sw&Sh story, since i think hop and bede are pretty interesting.

Red and Blue

1. Not adapting Isle of Armor or Crown Tundra. Even if Ash didn't catch Kubfu I would have loved to see Ash meet and maybe even battle with Mustard. Wanted to see Calyrex in the anime as well.

2. Not doing a time travel arc with Hisui. The Arceus four part special was good, but I wish we got a few episodes in past Sinnoh and some Hisuian captures.

Delta Episode.

vondecayle

I think this version of Lusamine is more akin to the games, so I would’ve preferred this version with an arc in the anime.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The Plasma-dan [Team Plasma].. They should've been given a very similar plot to the one in the Gen V games, whether it be the originals or the sequels. Yet what we ended up getting was a very watered-down and frankly boring anime adaptation that was only loosely based on the Gen V games.

sutellakiara

Shirona, my beloved...
I'd never been a fan of the anime version of game characters being basically OCs wearing the characters' skin.
Adding to and expanding upon them? Cool beans. It's not like they're the deepest characters nor they've got endless screentime either.
Completely changing their personalities into something else altogether with barely anything of their original selves left? Terribad.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I think this version of Lusamine is more akin to the games, so I would’ve preferred this version with an arc in the anime.

Tbh that's USUM Lusamine who's just weird. They should've brought in OG SM Lusamine

bruhidk

LARRY SUPREMACY
I'd never been a fan of the anime version of game characters being basically OCs wearing the characters' skin.
Adding to and expanding upon them? Cool beans. It's not like they're the deepest characters nor they've got endless screentime either.
Completely changing their personalities into something else altogether with barely anything of their original selves left? Terribad.
Alder and Colress got hit the hardest when it came to this imo

vondecayle

Tbh that's USUM Lusamine who's just weird. They should've brought in OG SM Lusamine
With good writing I think there can be elements and aspects that can be taken from both versions to make a compelling story.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I also think Ash should've actually traveled through alola, i've seen some argue (elsewhere) that what happened was fine because the region was "too small" but I don't buy that, they could've easily just thrown in another filler arc if they needed to also if time was a factor.

vondecayle

I also think Ash should've actually traveled through alola, i've seen some argue (elsewhere) that what happened was fine because the region was "too small" but I don't buy that, they could've easily just thrown in another filler arc if they needed to also if time was a factor.
Not to mention that the anime is no stranger to introducing locations that are anime exclusive, so they could’ve easily added more islands or places there if they needed too.

They also they didn’t explore a whole lot of ultra space, like Ultra Megalopolis which seems like a huge place.

Trey pokes

Wonder If the next series will experiment with more anime exclusive locations, since some of those are usually are the more interesting places in the Pokemon world.