• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Type of ball?

DarkPrince

Take that!
Hello guys
Here you can talk about types of pokeballs
How much they work for you and how much they are effective on any pokemons
So which works for you
I like premier ball

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
well I prefer to use Net, Dusk or Quick balls for capturing just any old pokemon since they have a high multiplier. Though on the rare occasion when I see a pokemon I want to catch and raise specially I might try something more special such as a Dive, Luxury or Heal ball. The design of Timer balls annoys me to high heavens.

I just wish they would bring back apricorns, I miss Love & Friend balls...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
The Quick Ball is probably the best, (next to master ball of course.) I caught Palkia on the first turn by just throwing one.

But in terms of style, I think the Repeat Ball and Timer Ball look coolest.

Maruno

I used to use the weakest ball I could (usually Poké Balls), but that was in the games I played with VBA which had a quicksave/quickload feature. That's pretty much entirely cheating, I know.

I often play my Pearl in the evenings, so the Dusk Ball works well for me. I'm a bit disappointed it's so powerful, though (4x).

I remember when Iwas trying to catch a wild Steelix in Iron Island. I'd killed the partner's Lucario already, and had whittled down Steelix's health to just a little bit. It took a surprising number of Poké Balls to capture it, though - I tried Great and Ultra and Dusk, and must have gone through about 10 in all before I got it. The Steelix was for filling the Pokédex, because I can't trade.

I'm not a fan of the Balls that depend on some obvious "game factor" like the number of the turn or whether you've caught that pokémon before - why should those change the strength of a Pokéball? The same goes for the Love, Lure, Level and maybe the Fast Balls.

I'm sure there are many more Poké Ball designs that have yet to be made, and I'm sure about this because I've invented a few.

Apricorns were a pretty fun idea, even if I didn't like most of the balls that resulted from them.

I use the Ultra Ball the most, but that doesn't mean it is my favorite one. In my Emerald Version, I sometimes buy a whole load of Dive Balls to go underwater and use them on any Pokemon I encounter. The Safari Ball is also one of my favorites, as you can only use them while hunting in the Safari area, which I find very enjoyable. I have not been there for the longest time, but I love leaving Pokeblocks and hoping to encounter one of the rarer Pokemon there, such as Heracross.

The Ultra Ball is the most efficient Pokeball for me, but I find the design of it pretty plain and boring. The Pokeball I use the least has to be the Luxury Ball, as I only recall using it once or twice in any of my games. To catch the Regis, the Timer Ball was the most efficient for me, as Ultra Balls just were not working. I stalled by reviving and switching my Pokemon until the Timer Ball caught Registeel and Regice. I was able to capture Regirock easily with an Ultra Ball, oddly. I used around 30 Ultra Balls for the other two Regis, and all of them failed.

The funny thing is that one time, I tried to catch Groudon with a Pokeball at full health and before even using 20 of them, I actually succeeded in capturing Groudon. I was not expecting that at all, as I was just having some fun.

Miss_Pocket_Monster

I think Net Balls, Dusk Balls, and Timer Balls look ultra cool, and since they have high catch rates I use them quite frequently (especially on legendaries). On appearance alone, I also think Heal Balls and Nest Balls are really spiffy looking, though I don't use them much.

I'm not too wild about Great and Ultra Balls, not just because they're not "special" but because they're a bit plain to look at. Really, so is the Master Ball, though it wins brownie points for being my favourite color (purple).

I miss the Apricorn Balls of Gen II meself. It would be cool to see Fast Balls and Friend Balls make a comeback. ;152;

Jiralhanae

Poké Balls on LG and Blue, Great Balls on Sapphire, and Love/Friend/Fast/Heavy balls on Silver.

I use Ultra Balls, Quick Balls, and Dusk Balls, and Timer Balls (whatevers better than Great Balls) for annoying Pokemon to catch. Master Balls for REALLY annoying Pokemon to catch.

Luxury Balls, Heal Balls, Premier Ball, maybe something else that I can't think of for less annoying/easy Pokemon.

Dive Balls for shiny Pokemons. (weebit hard alot of them in Diamond/Pearl... 3 balls per day without snatching them from Hoenn...)

Simitar

Caterpie Fan
I normally use Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls. They're very cool :p

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
It depens on what pokemon I'm catching and what ball suits it the most. My Gardevoirs strictly require premier balls (I'm telling you, they're the only balls that catch good ralts...weird)and my Salamences require Dusk Balls, my Milotics require luxury balls.

harryheart

I love sticking to originality and using PokeBalls on all my Pokemon, even legendaries. T=I used my MAster Ball on Giratina, but PokeBall on Dialga and Heatran the 3 lake legendarys and also Cresselia. Darkrai though was in a dif PokeBAll

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

For catching, I prefer Ultra Balls. In terms of appearance, I prefer Quick Balls and Premier Balls.

TheSmiley

Masterballs! duh... :p
In the diamond/pearl/platinum games i use quickballs and if they don´t work i use dusk balls or ultraballs. The worst have to be pokeballs and luxury balls they suck -.-

TheSmiley

Masterballs! duh... :p
In the diamond/pearl/platinum games i use quickballs and if they don´t work i use dusk balls or ultraballs. The worst have to be pokeballs and luxury balls they suck -.-