• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Unova Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

Which Unova Starter Is Your Favorite Based On The Final Stage Only?

• Serperior

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Emboar

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Samurott

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

I know this has been done before, but I was thinking of making topics and polls of my own on which starter is your favorite based on each form. Now remember, each of you will obviously have opinions on this and I will have mine as well.

So this topic is which of the Unova Starters do you like based on their final stage only? Mine is Emboar.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I like them all to a certain extent, but Jalorda (Serperior) is arguably my favorite one of the trio. I like all members of its evolutionary line.

Trillion

dark-type samurott [ironically i don't like the pure-water one at all]

i like serperior too though. and emboar is pretty cool

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Samurott reigns as best starter, undefeated in 11 years.

togepikindness

SILVER IS THE BEST POKEDEX HOLDER
Samurott too. The Pokemon looks like a ninja (hi-ya wacha!) good for those real cool ninja cartoons.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
497.png
500.png

I honestly couldn't decide between the two, they're both cool for their own reasons. Serperior was an awesome Pokemon to discover upon evolving Servine in BW, I like snakes in general and it seemed so regal and elegant! The BW2 trailer where it battled Stoutland was a favourite GIF of mine to look at too, where it used Wrap -> Slam? So cool! Emboar I like a lot and I don't really know why, but it just appeals. It's big and imposing yet also fairly regal in design, and the fire is pretty neat! Samurott is eh, I do like the Hisuian form but I'm just disappointed it evolved from Dewott.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
I do not like these starters to be honest, but if had to choose one it would be Samurott because of the pre-evolutions. Serperior is decent too but Emboar is straight trash.

DrewHLMW

Samurott, of the 9 forms of the Isshu starters its the only one i ever liked upon seeing for the first time, made Oshawott worth having

treatyofversigh

Easily Serperior! It was my first Unova starter and I've always thought the design looked regal and cool. Second fave is Emboar, though I wouldn't say I dislike Samurott. I do think Hisuian Samurott is more impressive, though, than its regular form.

Kamex25

I think Emboar is my favorite of the three, it has the coolest shiny with BLUE FLAME. It has a diverse movepool with access to Wild Charge, Scald, and Earthquake, which is neat. Plus, Emboar is super effective against the Gym Leaders' Pokémon like Lenora, Burgh, and Brycen, so it can be very useful. However, I kinda wish that Emboar can learn more fighting type moves when levelled up like Close Combat. I like Samurott as well - its detachable swords are awesome! And Serperior is very elegant and majestic.

Ryker101

Tough one cause I like them all almost equally tbh, but I’ll say Serperior bc it’s the first one I used

It’s a weird trio bc I like all of them but don’t love any particular one

jaden767

Amphetamine
Kind of a tie between Samurott and Serperior. If I had to pick just 1 I would say Samurott because it has a cool samurai shtick.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I found all of them to be disappointing, but if I have to say which one was my favorite of the three, then I guess Samurott. But, tbh, none of them are that great.

TwilightBlade

Samurott's the coolest one to me. Serperior looks okay but Emboar is definitely not one that I'm a fan of. I think it might actually be my least favourite fully evolved starter. :[