• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Urshifu did you choose?

Which form did you choose?

• Single Strike Style

Votes: 23 42.6%
  • Rapid Strike Style

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Picked Rapid mostly to avoid the 4x weakness to fairy

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
I traded for a single strike one so with the one I earned in game I chose rapid strike. Rapid strike also has the benefits of no 4x weakness and a move that critical hits three times. So technically I picked both but I actually picked rapid strike.

Rahus

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I started by getting Single Strike, then in my new game, I got Rapid Strike.

Still like Single Strike more.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I haven't gotten Kubfu yet, but I'm planning on getting Rapid Strike since I need more Water types for my overall roster. Plus, since my character in Sword would normally get Single Strike, I decided on the opposite form to show that she's trying to grow and become a better trainer

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Chose Single Strike as it would fit my team better since I chose Sobble as my starter.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I chose Dark cause Dark type is best type.
That and I wanted Urshifu to not get boxed as I'm never boxing a Lucario, and Inteleon was my starter

Getting the other on Shield and transferring it over after

Nave

Haven't made my decision yet, but I have been using both in Showdown, and loving it.
Single Strike might be the single best counter to Trick Room. KO's Indeedee and lets you take care of the Trick Room setter with Taunt or a Max Move. Dusclops hates it. Dark is a dangerous offensive type with no immunities.
Scarfed Rapid Strike in the rain is terrifying. Provides a great counter to both Sun and Sandstorm. Immediately KO's Cinderace and Tyranitar. Rain boosted Surging Strikes hits ridiculously hard and breaks focus sashes.
Both Pokemon are great in Doubles, because of the ability Unseen Fist allowing it to bypass Protect--the best move in Doubles. However, one must remember that Togekiss remains the biggest threat in the meta game, and so needs counters.
I will probably choose Single Strike, because I find it to be a bit more unique of a Pokemon. However, I will find a way to get Rapid Strike too.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
I went with Single Strike because I had already chose Sobble as my starter, and I don't like having more than one Pokemon of the same type on a team. Single Strike's 4x weakness to Fairy didn't bother me that much because I had Venusaur to cover it, my original plan was to have Galarian Slowbro as type coverage for Fairy, but you can't get the Galarica Cuff until after you get the water upgrade on the bike near the end of the game. Perhaps I'll do another playthrough and try out Rapid Strike some day.

Weavy

I come and go suddenly
I picked Single Strike in Sword and Rapid Strike in Shield so I can have both of them. I did it this way since I wouldn't trust others to trade the other one, so I got them both myself.

ChandelureDetour

I love water types. Rapid Strike is both powerful and unique with it’s typing. I picked Rapid Strike before looking at stats online, it was worth it. My favorite part is how it crushes through Sturdy/Focus Sash and inflicts damage through protect. Toxapex is the biggest threat I think. Rapid Strike gets Elemental Punches as well. Fire/Thunder Punch on a Water type is pretty awesome.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i got mizukuma, triple hit seems more useful.