• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which Villainous Team is the most reasonable?

Most Reasonable Villians

• Team Rocket

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Team Plasma

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • I don't believe in any of them

Votes: 10 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PKMN TRAINER Oliver

ポケットモンスタ一
Out of Team Rocket, Team Aqua, Team Magma, Team Galactic and Team Plasma, who do you think has a better, more "reasonable" goal?

LizardonX

Banned
TR just seeks to rule the world through the good old fashioned way of extortion and crime. None of this Imma use a legendary pokemon to reshape the world to fit my needs BS>

Ferrin

Easily Lost
not team plasma,they were forcing people to release pokemon,and Unlike previous Crime Syndicate Executives, Ghetsis is not fully loyal to Team Plasma's goal, instead manipulating N to use Team Plasma for his own selfish purpose to be the only trainer left in the world with Pokémon, thus granting himself the power to become a dictator.. team plasma's grunt's intentions were to release pokemon from trainers for animal cruelty, and failed to realize that there are pokemon that like training. if a pokemon didn't want to battle,their trainer would stop pokemon battles with them and do different things with their pokemon :)

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Team rocket. They have the most realistic goal, and they actually have a decent leader.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
There's a reason I prefer Team Rocket over the other teams. The Rockets are your seemingly-generic mob, but they like to work behind the scenes. They have spies everywhere who are seemingly normal people, but when no one is looking, they start stealing secrets. They may go after Legendaries, but it's really rare. The only Legendary they went after is Mew, and that was to clone it. (Can't say for sure if this applies to the games as well, though.) Most of the time, they run black markets and get their revenue that way. It also helps that their boss is a public figure and rich to boot. He has the money to hide everything from the authorities, if not bribing them in secret.

I think Team Rocket was based (rather loosely if not completely) off the yakuza, which is like the American mafia. The other teams seem to be more based off of terrorists and corrupt animal rights groups. They're annoying as all hell, but the yakuza/mafia are rather powerful, clever people who work in the shadows and have lots of connections. It takes a lot to disband them. It's rather unrealistic for a ten-year-old to disband them on their own, but hey, it's the Pokémon world. Anything goes, apparently. Team Rocket would've realistically kidnapped and held him for hostage, if not downright murder the kid.

Flame Mistress

Team Rocket certainly has the least questionable motives, compared to "Let's use legendaries to expand the land/sea!" or "Let's use gods to totally destroy the world and make a new one without emotion!" or "Let's make everyone free their Pokémon do that I can rule the world!".

Dreamy

Well the only one that seems even remotely viable is Team Rocket, money is the root of all evil.

Pierce571

I voted for Team Plasma because they got pretty close to their goal and in some way their goal is kinda like Team Rocket except they had a pretty good cover story that actually seemed to work.

Endolise

TengenToppaBoogaloo
Of course Team Rocket's goal will seem the most rational to us, because Pokemon don't exist in our world. Without Pokemon, none of the other Teams' plans would have been possible (except maybe Team Plasma which in our world would probably equate to some sort of forced disarmament). Team Rocket is even based off of a real organization (the Yakuza/mafia), so obviously their goals more realistic.

money is the root of all evil.

Love of* money

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with Team Plasma on this one, seeing as how close they were to they're goal becoming real. I mean, if the player (you) have hadn't fought Ghetsis, he would have tricked everyone into releasing their pokemon.

That and Ghetsis looks the most evil out of all the commanders :/

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Team Rocket. Taking ove the world sound more reasonable than nerfing up the ecosystem, destroying the planet for another to rise, or making people leave ther Pokemon

Although Team Rocket's plan is probably the most simplistic, (at least for gamers) I would argue Team Plasma's case. If they take pokeballs out of the picture by halting production and distribution, (done by taking over companies and the 8 or so pokemarts in a region, to start with) they remove the most effective form of capturing pokemon. They can then from there force people to separate from pokemon because they're the only side with easy access to more pokemon. From there, they can obviously move on to regions one at a time. If pokemon still like being with trainers to the extent most would rebel, then obviously they're screwed, but even then that makes their plan far more reasonable because if they fail to achieve their goal immediately, it's either take over the world, (like Rocket but without possible undermining of the people) or wrapping up and saying that's that. (which, although technically failing, doesn't break the condition of their goal being reasonable) It's a lot more on the small-scale side of things, and it doesn't require as much as trying to cause a global flood/drought, or summoning a legendary god-poke, (even though they ignore that and take it further) and it should be a lot more realistic than taking over everything in a mafia-like fashion without major resistance. Plasma need to be in a few places to achieve their goal, and that's mainly about it unless they're to fail/follow Rocket.

LavaridgeBoy

Not alwys black&wite
plasma because ghetsis just makes things happen

nightsmith97

To Hoenn!
Team Galactic

Team Galactic has it all figured out; the only way to control the world is through the manipulation of Time and Space. And what better way to do that than use the Pokemon dieties that control those things? Cyrus had the Red Chain, and he had the knowledge to do what he wanted. The only thing that stopped him was your main character in the game. Therefore, if you and your rival hadn't existed, Team Galactic may have achieved their goals.