• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which was your favorite fight in the pokemon anime of the decade?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Ash vs Paul SL is my favorite.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ash vs Cameron. Truly a masterpiece. Only topped by maybe Ash vs Hau.

Jokes aside, doesn't the decade actually ends when 2021 starts? Also, didn't Ash vs Paul happen in the previous decade?
Depends, for the purpose of the thread I'm going with 2010-2019 instead of 2011-2020

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
While Ash vs Paul was a good battle it kinda annoyed me he didn't used the Pokemon he travelled with like Torterra.

So I would go for Olympia vs Ash, the visuals were amazing.
But he did? One of the main plot lines for the battle was Ash was going with the same 6 Pokémon he used against Paul at Lake Acuity. Paul himself even notes this after Staraptor gets sent out to fight Gastrodon.

D

Deleted member 384931

But he did? One of the main plot lines for the battle was Ash was going with the same 6 Pokémon he used against Paul at Lake Acuity. Paul himself even notes this after Staraptor gets sent out to fight Gastrodon.
I meant Paul

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:
While Ash vs Paul was a good battle it kinda annoyed me he didn't used the Pokemon he travelled with like Torterra.

I did dislike how Shinji's Shinou League team was mostly comprised of new Pokemon that he hadn't shown before like Yukimenoko and Tritodon. I get that part of his strategy was to unnerve Satoshi and destabilize Satoshi's own plans for the battle, but it made the match seem less exciting to me than if Shinji had used more of his older Pokemon.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet

Ash versus Olympia is so underrated these days. People seemed to love it at first but it got overshadowed by overrated fights like Kukui versus Ash and Alain versus Ash...

RafaSceptile

Ash versus Olympia is so underrated these days. People seemed to love it at first but it got overshadowed by overrated fights like Kukui versus Ash and Alain versus Ash...

Ash VS Kukui overrated? LOL
what people have to say these days so that XY's battles besides Ash VS Sawyer can shine

How is Ash VS Kukui overrated but Ash VS Paul isn't?
-both are battles against a character set in the series
-both have a story (Chimchar's background and the fact that Ash inspired Kukui to make the league)
-both have a relationship between Ash and the other person ("Father-Son" with Kukui, Rivals with Paul)

However, Ash VS Kukui not only lasted an extra chapter, it is the only battle that has had two climax getting none to be overshadowed (Torracat VS Incineroar, Pikachu VS Tapu Koko)

I'm not saying that Ash VS Kukui is objectively better than Ash VS Paul, however, Ash VS Kukui ISN'T OVERRATED because both are practically at the same level

Also, Ash VS Olympia is overrated to put it at the level of the best battles in the Pokémon leagues
it's better than generic gym battles, but that's it

D

Deleted member 384931

Ash VS Kukui overrated? LOL
what people have to say these days so that XY's battles besides Ash VS Sawyer can shine

How is Ash VS Kukui overrated but Ash VS Paul isn't?
-both are battles against a character set in the series
-both have a story (Chimchar's background and the fact that Ash inspired Kukui to make the league)
-both have a relationship between Ash and the other person ("Father-Son" with Kukui, Rivals with Paul)

However, Ash VS Kukui not only lasted an extra chapter, it is the only battle that has had two climax getting none to be overshadowed (Torracat VS Incineroar, Pikachu VS Tapu Koko)

I'm not saying that Ash VS Kukui is objectively better than Ash VS Paul, however, Ash VS Kukui ISN'T OVERRATED because both are practically at the same level

Also, Ash VS Olympia is overrated to put it at the level of the best battles in the Pokémon leagues

That is your opinion. I don't agree, but I will respect it

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
I did dislike how Shinji's Shinou League team was mostly comprised of new Pokemon that he hadn't shown before like Yukimenoko and Tritodon. I get that part of his strategy was to unnerve Satoshi and destabilize Satoshi's own plans for the battle, but it made the match seem less exciting to me than if Shinji had used more of his older Pokemon.
It definitely would have been more satisfying if Paul had used his Lake Acuity team minus Weavile.Ash never defeated Paul's Torterra,Magmortar,Honchkrow and could only defeat Ursaring after it got done sweeping half of Ash's team or Chimchar's Hax Blaze activating.

Ash already had a tough time dealing with Paul's Drapion that filled Ursaring's spot poisoning most of Ash's team and Electivire coming close to sweeping half of Ash's team along with almost defeating him.Paul used some of his pokemon to scout out what pokemon Ash was using in their Sinnoh league batte.

Despite losing 4 of his pokemon Electivire/Drapion was enough to take out 5 of Ash's pokemon,adding Torterra,Ursaring,Magmortar and Honchkrow would have been overkill.

RafaSceptile

It's funny how many of the best anime battles have featured several new Pokémon from Ash's rivals:
-Ash VS Paul had Drapion, Froslass and Gastrodon
-Ash VS Alain had Weavile, Tyranitar, Bisharp and Unfezant
-Ash vs Kukui had Venusaur, Empoleon and Lucario

Leonhart

Imagineer
RafaSceptile said:

I have to agree that it was only good when compared to some of the standard Gym battles that we've witnessed. Overall I felt that it was the third best Gym battle of the Kalos saga behind Satoshi versus Corni and Satoshi versus Mache. I'm probably one of the few people here who appreciated the battle against Mache though, and that's mostly because I liked her Trick Room strategy.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Ash vs Nanu (first match). Nanu was a cold beast and seeing Ash get emotional, having no control over the situation, unable to command his Pokémon is something that sticks out to me. I also loved the conflict buildup and aftermath of the battle where Ash has to figure out how to control Lycanroc again.

Also Brock vs Kiawe/Ash vs Misty in Kanto.

So many incredible battles has happened throughout the decade.... excluding the battle atrocities from Best Wishes.