• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which water Pokemon should I choose in SoulSilver?

Which water Pokemon should I catch in SS?

• Staryu

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Poliwag

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Remoraid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tentacool

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Krabby

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I'm gonna need a water Pokemon soon so which one should I get? I'm trying to make the best team I ever had and try a new team out at the same time.

I got Jolteon, Dratini, Quilava, and Victreebel.

*No trades, or Pokemon that require trades*

If there's a Pokemon I didn't mention that I should get let me know.

Last edited:

OldManJenkins

Lol, wut?
Quagsire is incredibly useful ingame, if a little boring. You cant go wrong with Gyarados either. If its just for an ingame team you can pretty much use any pokemon you want and you wont have much trouble.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I'd kinda rather have a special attacker water Pokemon. I like Poliwrath but he's physical. I want Kingdra so bad but I don't got WiFi and I also like Politoed but don't got WiFi so I'm kinda gettin angry about not finding a good water Pokemon.

TherianForm

King of TM87
I'd go with Starmie, he's a good Special attacker and you can get Staryu early in-game :)

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
I got Jolteon now and I don't really feel like breeding this early in the game lol. I'd go with Kingdra if I had WiFi.

OldManJenkins

Lol, wut?
Suicune is great but I guess thats not really a viable option. OMG I just remembered slowbro/slowking! Those things are great walls and they are fine for sweeping, especially ingame. (Also STAB psychic ftw.)
EDIT: Theres also Dewgong. You can get Seel as soon as you get surf and Dewgongs sp attack is alright and it has STAB ice beam. Plus one of its ablitities makes it heal hp in the rain.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Suicune is great but I guess thats not really a viable option. OMG I just remembered slowbro/slowking! Those things are great walls and they are fine for sweeping, especially ingame. (Also STAB psychic ftw.)
EDIT: Theres also Dewgong. You can get Seel as soon as you get surf and Dewgongs sp attack is alright and it has STAB ice beam. Plus one of its ablitities makes it heal hp in the rain.

Thanks for the tips bro. I never used Dewgong I'll have to look him up in the Pokedex section on here. I've never used Slowbro either and I heard hes good.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Krabby can learn guillotine but Poliwag is a good choice since it evolves inro Poliwrath or Politoad