• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which would you be more excited for, Serena returning or Greninja returning?

Serena or Greninja?

• Serena

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Greninja

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Both!

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Neither....

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?

Animac

Both character arcs were closed at the end of their series, but Serena at least can return to do... well... something, anything. Greninja, however, is "just a pokemon" with no real use other than battles, a massive chunk of its hype during XYZ was due to the animation and music, the latter can come back, but the animation would be dissapointing.

SatoSereFan224888

Serena but my gut tells me the chances of either one of them returning is very low.

Morax

King of heroes
We still remember how Ash literally ditched her behind in an episode that was trying so hard to hype up the romance between them both, right. It made me think that Serena likes the chase but not the actual prize
Did you know that Goku thought marriage was food? Eren literally said that he hated mikasa for being obsessed with him. And guess who they fell in love with?

complaining about anime being anime is dumb.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
It’s hilarous because the double standards are only applied to serena. Like you don’t see nobody saying “i want drew to reject may” or “i want mew to reject goh” or “i want ash to give on being a pokemon master”. Everybody gets what they want but serena needs to learn to move on her, huh?

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Did you know that Goku thought marriage was food? Eren literally said that he hated mikasa for being obsessed with him. And guess who they fell in love with?

complaining about anime being anime is dumb.
In Erens case though it was made clear that I hate you Mikasa line was a lie to keep them apart from him.
Complaining about people complaining about anime being dumb is well, dumb
It’s hilarous because the double standards are only applied to serena. Like you don’t see nobody saying “i want drew to reject may” or “i want mew to reject goh” or “i want ash to give on being a pokemon master”. Everybody gets what they want but serena needs to learn to move on her, huh?
Or maybe.......those people just don't buy Ash and Serena's pairing at all and would rather see Serena move on and be her own thing independent from the crush?

Morax

King of heroes
In Erens case though it was made clear that I hate you Mikasa line was a lie to keep them apart from him.
Complaining about people complaining about anime being dumb is well, dumb
It was made clear in the last chapter, that's what i'm talking about. We had no idea that eren harbored any feelings for mikasa until isayama dropped that bomb on us.

Also he wanted to protect armin as well. That scene had no romantic implications of any kind.
Or maybe.......those people just don't buy Ash and Serena's pairing at all and would rather see Serena move on and be her own thing independent from the crush?
Serena's goal is to be with ash. Having her move on from that is like having Goh give up on Mew. Anime characters don't "move on" from their dreams, that's like an obvious observation to anybody who's watched more than 10 anime in their life.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Koga definitely needs to be a part of that team.
Janine: why are you making my father battle as if I was a pokémon, you monster!

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Serena's goal is to be with ash. Having her move on from that is like having Goh give up on Mew. Anime characters don't "move on" from their dreams, that's like an obvious observation to anybody who's watched more than 10 anime in their life.
(though funnily enough, from what I heard Shudo did once plan to have Ash's adventure end with him giving up and moving on, accepting that "Pokemon Master" was just a childish dream. Not too sure if it's true tho)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Both character arcs were closed at the end of their series, but Serena at least can return to do... well... something, anything. Greninja, however, is "just a pokemon" with no real use other than battles, a massive chunk of its hype during XYZ was due to the animation and music, the latter can come back, but the animation would be dissapointing.
I had Greninja to meet up with Serena after its guardianship in Kalos is over so it can train with her in the Hoenn Pokemon Contest and unlock the Serena-Greninja transformation in my fanfic. So I don't want them to come back to Ash.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
"Serena" and "Battle Bond" certainly do not mix in this continuity.
Well, unless you favor her how she's depicted in the anime, I don't mind that she's been re-written.