• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which would you be more excited for, Serena returning or Greninja returning?

Serena or Greninja?

• Serena

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Greninja

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Both!

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Neither....

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

RetroPokeFan

If I was forced to pick, I'd go with Serena mostly for the fact that she'd fit right in with Chloe. In fact I'd have the episode be mostly devoted to them rather than Ash so that we can see how she's been doing.

I really don't think there's anything left for Greninja to bring to the table. Alain's story wrapped up and there's no sign of him returning anytime soon and it doesn't look like Diantha's part of the PWC either (whether we'll see her later on remains to be seen).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
(though funnily enough, from what I heard Shudo did once plan to have Ash's adventure end with him giving up and moving on, accepting that "Pokemon Master" was just a childish dream. Not too sure if it's true tho)

True. But it was more about Ash figuring out Pokémon shouldn't be kept on Pokéballs (or something like that) thus moving on and letting Pikachu be free.

Out of his views, that's the part I like the least even if I could say where he was going (trying to address the pokéball and trainer thing in a somewhat realistic approach that doesn't make people like Ash look bad)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Serena's goal is to be with ash. Having her move on from that is like having Goh give up on Mew. Anime characters don't "move on" from their dreams, that's like an obvious observation to anybody who's watched more than 10 anime in their life.
I'm pretty sure this was covered somewhere in the episode thread for the XYZ finale episode. What I remember seeing was that it "you're my goal" was a literal translation, and that the meaning was closer to "you're what I aspire to be."

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Serena's goal is to be with ash. Having her move on from that is like having Goh give up on Mew. Anime characters don't "move on" from their dreams, that's like an obvious observation to anybody who's watched more than 10 anime in their life.
And? Whats that got to do with the point that there are people who still feel Serena should move on disregarding how likely it is simply because they dont like how the pairing was written? And how is it double standards they dont say the same for the other pairings which they may like or prefer

masdog

And? Whats that got to do with the point that there are people who still feel Serena should move on disregarding how likely it is simply because they dont like how the pairing was written? And how is it double standards they dont say the same for the other pairings which they may like or prefer
The Amourshipping Fanbase is it’s own worst enemy. And I say that as a fan of Amourshipping.

I’d be more excited for Serena to return. But moreso if anything whatsoever related to Amourshipping is completely and utterly nonexistent.
I swear in no other fandom do people talk like this when it comes to relationships between a guy and a girl that have romantic implications. The fact that everything in their relationship is boiled down to just " shipping " is just dumb to me. I don't understand how people can just flippantly say that such an important part of Serena's character should just be willed away.

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
I'm pretty sure this was covered somewhere in the episode thread for the XYZ finale episode. What I remember seeing was that it "you're my goal" was a literal translation, and that the meaning was closer to "you're what I aspire to be."
Pretty sure yajima cleared up the ambiguity in his interview.
>Serena told Ash that she's going to improve herself, and then come back to him

Here’s what she said in japaneze :
  • anata wa watashi no mokuhyou yo. Tsugi ni aetara motto miryokuteki na josei ni naru kara *wink*
Notice that the word she used is mokuhyou which means purpose, objective, aim, goal, intention, policy, target etc. It’s something you want to achieve. Serena is saying that ash is her prize and she wants to get him.

The very next line translates to “next time we meet i’ll be a charming woman” and that’s pretty self-explanatory : Ash is her target and she wants to impress him/be with him.

Because it’s tied to her happy ending. By saying that you want her to move on you’re wishing misfortune on her. Imagine taking away someone’s happiness only to satisfy your ego.

Last edited:
The Amourshipping Fanbase is it’s own worst enemy. And I say that as a fan of Amourshipping.
How so? If you are talking about the ones who sexualize Serena or harass others than yeah...

Xuxuba

If you asked me this 2~3 years ago, i would say both.

But after watching a bit of Journeys i realized that any character who isn't competing against Ash on the Tournament and had their arc concluded (or nearly concluded) would end up with a meaningless, underwhelming comeback episode that would entertain you for exactly 5 minutes until another character/subplot took all of the spotlight.

So i thought to myself: if the viewer liked those characters, then they should be glad the writers won't have the opportunity to mess up with their development. And if they *didn't* like those characters, they should be happy because they will never hae to see or hear about them ever again.

It's a win-win for both parties.

masdog

Morax

King of heroes
But after watching a bit of Journeys i realized that any character who isn't competing against Ash on the Tournament and had their arc concluded (or nearly concluded) would end up with a meaningless, underwhelming comeback episode that would entertain you for exactly 5 minutes until another character/subplot took all of the spotlight.
True. Journeys did wonders for iris becaus she’s a battler but dawn’s return was underwhelming even though she got 2 episodes. This season don’t work for non-battlers.
How so? If you are talking about the ones who sexualize Serena or harass others than yeah...
Yeah. Those are the ones I’m talking about.
You could just use @Morax instead of beating around the bush, i don’t give a fu.ck what you have to say.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Pretty sure yajima cleared up the ambiguity in his interview.
>Serena told Ash that she's going to improve herself, and then come back to him

Here’s what she said in japaneze :
  • anata wa watashi no mokuhyou yo. Tsugi ni aetara motto miryokuteki na josei ni naru kara *wink*
Notice that the word she used is mokuhyou which means purpose, objective, aim, goal, intention, policy, target etc. It’s something you want to achieve. Serena is saying that ash is her prize and she wants to get him.

The very next line translates to “next time we meet i’ll be a charming woman” and that’s pretty self-explanatory : Ash is her target and she wants to impress him/be with him.

Because it’s tied to her happy ending. By saying that you want her to move on you’re wishing misfortune on her. Imagine taking away someone’s happiness only to satisfy your ego.
My parents always tell me that romance isn’t a prize, and that it should be a mutual, friendship-based relationship.

Or maybe I just really don’t like Amourshipping.

Yeah, I really don’t like Amourshipping. Or any ship involving Ash, really.

Morax

King of heroes
My parents always tell me that romance isn’t a prize, and that it should be a mutual, friendship-based relationship.

Or maybe I just really don’t like Amourshipping.

Yeah, I really don’t like Amourshipping. Or any ship involving Ash, really.
That’s fair, i can respect that :)

though i have to remind you that’s how shounen works. The girl is only just a prize for the protagonist. You won’t find a well written couple in this genre. From dragon ball to my hero academia, the romance always sucks.

if you want a good love story i’d suggest watching shoujo/josei anime like kimi ni todoke, ao haru ride and shigatsu wa kimi no uso.

Last edited:

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
That’s fair, i can respect that :)

though i have to remind you that’s how shounen works. The girl is only just a prize for the protagonist. You won’t find a well written couple in this genre. From dragon ball to my hero academia, the romance always sucks.

if you want a good love story i’d suggest watching shoujo/josei anime like kimi ni todoke, ao haru ride and shigatsu wa kimi no uso.
Tropes are a means to an end, not a rulebook or a constraint.

masdog

You could just use @Morax instead of beating around the bush, i don’t give a fu.ck what you have to say.
Whoa! Hold up. I was talking about the crazy Redditors and YouTube Comments sections.

That's why I prefer the interpretations that she's going to improve herself.

Last edited: