• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which would you be more excited for, Serena returning or Greninja returning?

Serena or Greninja?

• Serena

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • Greninja

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Both!

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Neither....

Votes: 21 30.4%

• Total voters

J.Agera

[Top-notch Сasual Dating Authentic Ladies]
Pretty sure yajima cleared up the ambiguity in his interview.
>Serena told Ash that she's going to improve herself, and then come back to him

Here’s what she said in japaneze :
  • anata wa watashi no mokuhyou yo. Tsugi ni aetara motto miryokuteki na josei ni naru kara *wink*
Notice that the word she used is mokuhyou which means purpose, objective, aim, goal, intention, policy, target etc. It’s something you want to achieve. Serena is saying that ash is her prize and she wants to get him.

The very next line translates to “next time we meet i’ll be a charming woman” and that’s pretty self-explanatory : Ash is her target and she wants to impress him/be with him.

Because it’s tied to her happy ending. By saying that you want her to move on you’re wishing misfortune on her. Imagine taking away someone’s happiness only to satisfy your ego.
Mind if I add my interpretation?

The Kiss was basically a confession of her feelings to Ash and as a way to let go off her final regret, and fully concentrate on her "other goal".

Ash is dense as a brick and wasn't going to get it unless he was told explicitly and that's exactly what she did and for the first time he noticed and felt her affection in that way, and thus, the glittering eyes.

As for this "goal" I feel like it was a way for Serena to declare that next time she will become so charming that he will notice her no matter how dense he is.

The fact that she went from being obsessed with Ash and unable to explicitly express her feelings, to declaring her feelings boldly and letting go off him to become a dependable woman herself is absolutely fantastic to me.

This is probably my favorite conclusion for a Pokemon character, and I don't want them to ruin it by bringing her back and nullifying this

Morax

King of heroes
Mind if I add my interpretation?

The Kiss was basically a confession of her feelings to Ash and as a way to let go off her final regret, and fully concentrate on her "other goal".

Ash is dense as a brick and wasn't going to get it unless he was told explicitly and that's exactly what she did and for the first time he noticed and felt her affection in that way, and thus, the glittering eyes.

As for this "goal" I feel like it was a way for Serena to declare that next time she will become so charming that he will notice her no matter how dense he is.

The fact that she went from being obsessed with Ash and unable to explicitly express her feelings, to declaring her feelings boldly and letting go off him to become a dependable woman herself is absolutely fantastic to me.

This is probably my favorite conclusion for a Pokemon character, and I don't want them to ruin it by bringing her back and nullifying this
Agreed 100%.
A cameo won’t do her justice. She requires a timeskip and a closure.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I would rather Greninja return, cuz I dont want Serena's perfect design to be ruined with this artstyle

RafaSceptile

GMax Charizard vs Ash-Greninja would make an epic final round.
FFoV8msXMAo8Q-0.png

For me, neither as both Serena and Greninja were a mess of characters with more flaws than virtues, but if I had to choose one, Greninja, at least it has higher odds to contribute to Ash's goal in a meaningful way.
Serena in a no-Ash focused episode would be fine to avoid any ship-related controversy.

Applecorp

....Why though? It would cheapen its iconic and masterfully done release so much
This. Released Pokemon coming back especially ones with nostalgic farewells would cheapen the impact. Lol I still remember when people thought Pidgeot was coming back a couple years ago just because we kept seeing wild Pidgeottos.

I would pick Serena over Greninja any day.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
voted for both as both are equally exciting though Serena edges out on greninja by a tiny margin.