• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Which would you rather prefer that the Pokémon look?

Which do you think that you would rather prefer that the Pokémon look?

• Total voters

MiloticTwins

What's happening guys. I've gotta tell all of you guys how those Pokémon look: Some of them look happy, friendly, cheerful, cute and beautiful, some of them look sinister, angry, aggressive, intimidating and menacing, while others look neutral, and I would prefer the happy-, friendly-, cheerful-, cute- and beautiful-looking Pokémon. Please let me know which you think that you would prefer that the Pokémon look, and good luck.;)

Prof. SALTY

The Scruffy Professor
I personally go for more cute style pokemon but yeah I agree with Orphalesion. Having a diverse range is good.

ThroughTheIris56

Out of the options presented, I generally prefer the latter. But you can have Pokemon that thata re not cute and somewhat powerful looking, but are also not intimidating. Lugia and Sceptile are examples that come to mind.

As others have said a balance is good, but I feel we get more cute/cheerful Pokemon than necessary.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Good luck? Is there a correct answer :confused:

I prefer the latter option because I’ve always been a sucker for badass creatures and Pokèmon is no exception. I don’t mind cute Pokèmon tho

Yureishi

I don't really have a preference here. I happen to have plenty of favourites among all three of these categories.

Scammel

But you can have Pokemon that thata re not cute and somewhat powerful looking, but are also not intimidating. Lugia and Sceptile are examples that come to mind.

'Powerful but not intimidating' is a good way of describing the Gen 1 look that makes it my favourite set of designs to this day. Many Gen 1 Pokémon have generic 'angry eyes', but it's rarely the contrived grimace of Pangoro, Icineroar and the likes - it's normal, animal hostility, a relatively blank slate onto which players can build their own personalities.

It's the old Digimon vs Pokémon dichotomy. The former has some very neat designs for individual characters with individual personalities, the latter is better at building a world of vaguely -believable species.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
I have plently of favourites in all three categories, but the neutral-looking ones are fewer in numbers than the cute and tough critters(despite this, I really like Latios and consider him neutral-looking, as he is not as adorable as Latias but still not gruff/intimidating).

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I like both groups. Contrast is one of the must beautiful things there is. The cute ones might not seem half as cute without the sinister ones. And the sinister ones might seem dull without the cute ones.