• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Which Xbox is for me?" and cost.

So real quick sinc I go soon; I wanna buy an Xbox360. I'm deciding between "Pro" and Arcade. Eventually though I would like to move online and by that i mean with in the next coming weeks. Right now Pro comes with Lego Idiana Jones and Kung Fu panda, just pointing that out. I also wanna trade my wii, I'd get like $220-$230 total
Our state has a 6% tax so:
Pro would cost $317.99
Arcade would cost $211.99

Which would be more cost effective buying the one with the stuff for online, Pro? Or buying the one and then buying the stuff for online, Arcade?
ANd also I'd trade in Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana jones like right after I got them and get a little money back if I got Pro.

The reason I ask is becasue this is alot of money and I want to spend it effectivly.

fhqwhgads

Kung Fu Panda(easy Achievements, if nothing else) = $60
Headset = $20.
Ethernet cable(three to five feet or something) = couple bucks.
Hexic HD = $5.
Better cables.

Essentially, spend that extra hundred bucks, or spend an extra $200+ a few weeks later.

dario

Banned
by far pro cuz if you get arcade you waont get any memory
then you would have to buy a hardrive which is like $100

Slick

Banned
Kung Fu Panda ftw.

fhqwhgads

No, like I pointed out, it's usually a dollar a gig for 360HDDs(way overpriced). 20GBs can be found for $20, 60GBs are $60, and 120GBs have some strange pricing. I saw one at Target marked down from $170 to $120, falling into the standard pricing.

I have another question thats sort of related...How long will this generation of consoles be "King","On top", and the best? Would a $300 xbox be worth it? Or by like next year will they already be announcing the "next gen" of consoles? I mean 360 was released like...3 years ago(Christmas '05?)...I mean I'll probably end up buying it anyway, I'll earn back the money that's spent, but I just wanna know.

fhqwhgads

I have another question thats sort of related...How long will this generation of consoles be "King","On top", and the best? Would a $300 xbox be worth it? Or by like next year will they already be announcing the "next gen" of consoles? I mean 360 was released like...3 years ago(Christmas '05?)...I mean I'll probably end up buying it anyway, I'll earn back the money that's spent, but I just wanna know.
Many years. Even if the 360 followed its own timeline from now on and ignored the others, it wouldn't go out until 2011. If it tagged along the Wii and PS3 for a bit, 2012/13.

Cobalt_Latios

It fluctuates, so don't worry about it too much. Considering some people still have functioning consoles from previous generations, it all goes back to what you enjoy playing. Really, that's the main thing, and it's something a lot of players tend to forget. In fact, I've found myself playing mainly games for the Virtual Console on the Wii when I have those days when I'm bored.

So, if you get yourself a $300 console, and you take good care of it... I'd say if developers see the prospect of it (which they are) then you should simply go out, buy the games you wanted to play on it in the first place and enjoy it. Don't worry about shifting to next generation so soon, just enjoy it.

*C_L*

Chris

Old Coot
No, like I pointed out, it's usually a dollar a gig for 360HDDs(way overpriced). 20GBs can be found for $20, 60GBs are $60, and 120GBs have some strange pricing. I saw one at Target marked down from $170 to $120, falling into the standard pricing.
I'm afraid it is YOU who is wrong.

20GB at GameStop (new) - $79.99
60GB at GameStop (new) - $99.99
60GB at Best Buy - $99.99
120GB at GameStop (new) - $149.99
120GB at Best Buy - $149.99

Anywho, it all depends. Do you want to go online? Then do this:

Buy the console on Amazon. Free shipping for stuff that's over $25.

-Buy Xbox 360 Arcade ($199.99)
-Buy Xbox 360 60GB Live Pack (60GB hard drive + 3 months of Xbox Live Gold for $99.99)
-Trade in SEGA Superstars Tennis and (if you want) Xbox Live Arcade Compilation Disc
-Find used VGA cable at GameStop ($9.99 - only if you want an HD setup)

If not, just buy the Pro on Amazon, trade in the Kung-Fu Panda/LEGO Indiana Jones game (it's a two disc/one box thing) and get whatever you may want later on.

fhqwhgads

dario

Banned
I'm afraid it is YOU who is wrong.

20GB at GameStop (new) - $79.99
60GB at GameStop (new) - $99.99
60GB at Best Buy - $99.99
120GB at GameStop (new) - $149.99
120GB at Best Buy - $149.99
thank you
Around that, yes. Go for the cable. Far cheaper, and the 360's wireless provides a worse connection.
It depends on what your wifi or if your stealing
my connection is amazing but mine is blocked for other people who steal :( they suck they should get their own

For online for the 360 should I order a Cat6 or Cat5 ethernet cable? They both cost the same, but from what I gather Cat6 is better...but I maybe wrong thats why I ask.

EDIT: I have another question. I wanna know, which way is the 360 actually better to have positioned? Is it better to have is horizontal or vertical? Like honestly, not "In my opinion (BLANK) is better..." Like legit reasons why one way is better than the other. B'coz to make a long story short I once had a 360 (05-06 or 07) it got RRoD 4 times, I replaced it 4 times. Got sick of RRoD crap, traded and bought a Wii. Just traded my Wii now I want a 360(Yes, I know I'm fickle in somethings.). So now I want one but don't want t to like overheat and get RRoD. Also now I hear that they have this "Falcon 360" which makes it less prone to overheat than the "Zephyr 360".

EDIT2: I have also heard there is the "Jasper 360" which is better than both I mentioned above and is the current model of 360's being sold.

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
thank you

It depends on what your wifi or if your stealing
my connection is amazing but mine is blocked for other people who steal :( they suck they should get their own
No, he's right. The wireless network adapter is quite poor in contrast through a standard ethernet cable.

For online for the 360 should I order a Cat6 or Cat5 ethernet cable? They both cost the same, but from what I gather Cat6 is better...but I maybe wrong thats why I ask.
Honestly couldn't tell ya. All I did was grab a long as hell blue ethernet cable that can be run from the room to the living room with no problem. Cost me less than $10 and the connection is just fine.

EDIT: I have another question. I wanna know, which way is the 360 actually better to have positioned? Is it better to have is horizontal or vertical? Like honestly, not "In my opinion (BLANK) is better..." Like legit reasons why one way is better than the other. B'coz to make a long story short I once had a 360 (05-06 or 07) it got RRoD 4 times, I replaced it 4 times. Got sick of RRoD crap, traded and bought a Wii. Just traded my Wii now I want a 360(Yes, I know I'm fickle in somethings.). So now I want one but don't want t to like overheat and get RRoD. Also now I hear that they have this "Falcon 360" which makes it less prone to overheat than the "Zephyr 360".
Doesn't matter how you position it, actually. The older 360s are all prone to break eventually.

What you should take care not to do is move the 360 while it's got a disc inside and is running it. That's just begging to destroy the disc.

EDIT2: I have also heard there is the "Jasper 360" which is better than both I mentioned above and is the current model of 360's being sold.
This is true. Also supports HDMI.