• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whichever Way The Wind Blows! (241)

7threst

This episode was like almost in concept the same as "Bulbasaur...the ambassador" It wasn't new nor original and that is why this episode wasn't that interesting after watching it. I mean, yeah sure it had some laughable moments here and there, but that is probably its strongest point.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The episode tries to develop a rivalry between Bellossom and Vileplume, and does a great job of it.

Blessed

A nice filler episode, wasn't too impressed by it though. It was a rehash of "Bulbasaur The Ambassador". It had many laughable moments though which I loved and seeing Bayleef was good.

Zamin

The fighting kinda reminded me of the fighting in Oak's garden.

It isn't the best episode but it did have some good bits. I liked the lesson at the end, it was nice and meaningful and is a good lesson to learn :)

I found it odd how Bayleef was the only one (of the Pokemon present at the time) wearing one of those face masks The three Oddish and Pikachu weren't.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The fighting between the Vileplumes and Bellossoms was interesting and I liked how the winds carried tiny Leaf Stone and Sun Stone particles which made the Glooms evolve. I liked how branched evolution was explained too. ^^

It was exciting to see how the wind made Grass Pokemon evolve and the war between the Grass types reminded me of the issues at Oak's ranch. :)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The episode did have a few good moments, like Meowth putting his translating skills to work, the ultra-cute Bellossom, Team Rocket going over the machines that they would have used, and Wobbuffet getting pulled into battle by a Bellossom.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I have to be blunt, I've never really seen the appeal of Nazonokusa or its evolved forms. So watching the groups of wild Rafressia and Kireihana causing a commotion and warring against each other was a monotonous plot. But it's ironic that the Rocket-dan helped assuage the tension between them, albeit unintentionally.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Yea and I thought it was a shame that Ash didn't have his Bulbasaur with him otherwise it would've been able to do a better job at peacekeeping and end the conflict. ^^;

I'm glad Bulbasaur wasn't involved here, though it's odd how Ash thought of using his Bayleef to help ease the tension of the Grass-types instead.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, the whole conflict between the groups of Rafressia and Kireihana seemed very similar to the conflict at Okido-hakase's lab when Fushigidane visited it earlier in the saga.

Daizy

I call you honey
I swear we just had this war between Pokemon subplot in "Bulbasaur the Ambassador" but whatever I guess it's Ash's turn to act as a peacekeeper? Still annoying to have the same plot reused in such a boring way.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I don't get how the wind was able to carry small particles of the evolutionary stones? How did the wind manage to carry minerals like that?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
I don't get how the wind was able to carry small particles of the evolutionary stones? How did the wind manage to carry minerals like that?

It's the same principle that applies to wind carrying any airborne substance like sand and dust. The wind here eroded the Leaf and Sun Stones over time, and the dust got sent into the air and was blown directly into the meadow.