• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Whirlpool...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came up with this odd question that I want to know if anyone has a possible answer for...and this topic goes here since only second gen has a Whirlpool HM.

The Whirlpool HM gets rid of whirlpools in the overworld, yes? Well, then why does the attack itself create whirlpools, as shown by the battle animation and the fact that it lasts two to five turns? It has been proven pretty much by battle animations that the hidden machines are just attacks used outside of battle to gain a certain effect--Strength throws+moves boulders, and so forth.

And if I get any responses from people with a "Who cares, it's just a game." post, then I will report you, as this is a serious question desiring serious responses.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I bet it creates a Whirpool going to opposite rotation of overwolrd whirpools. Did that make sense?
I mean that the two whirlpools would cancel each other out, letting you pass. So in battle since their isn't a whirpool acting against you, the move itself creates one that stays a while.

I tried. ^^;

Vuallum

I bet it creates a Whirpool going to opposite rotation of overwolrd whirpools. Did that make sense?
I mean that the two whirlpools would cancel each other out, letting you pass. So in battle since their isn't a whirpool acting against you, the move itself creates one that stays a while.

I tried. ^^;

I was going to say something to the same effect, no whirlpool in battle makes one and on the overworld makes one to counteract the one in front of your character.

Maybe Game Freak and Nintendo decided it would do that :p . There are some things we will never know o_O

Psychic

Really and truly
I was going to say the exact same thing. The Pokémon creates a whirlpool that can either take it's course or counteract another.

And by the by, nobody's going to get into trouble for saying "who cares it's just a game." Personally I'd say the exact same thing at the end of my post as you're thinking a little too hard about this, but a person would only get in trouble for saying that if their post caontained ONLY "who cares it's just a game" and nothing else, in which case it's pretty much SPAM.

But in any case, you forget that nothing in the games or Animé is really constant or anything, so the game creators probably just said "whatever" and threw it in anyway. :p

~Psychic

Status
Not open for further replies.