• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White 2 Ingame RMT

Hyper27

Hyper27
I am currently on the Start of Victory Road. What level should I train my pokemon up to so they can be ready for the E4? Where can you find Red Shards the fastest? I will not be swapping out pokemon from my team at this point, but moveset recommendations/ changes are appreciated!

Current Team :

:500:
Emboar(M)Heatblitz LVL 55
Adamant Nature
Flame Charge(will be replaced by Flare Blitz when at LVL 62)
Wild Charge
Earthquake (achieved by trading to B/W to use TM on)
Brick Break (achieved by trading to B/W to use TM on)

;389;
Torterra(M)Torqhammer LVL 55
Impish Nature
Leech Seed
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Wood Hammer

;350;
Milotic(F)Stormsurge LVL 55
Calm Nature
Toxic
Recover
Surf
Ice Beam

;398;
Staraptor(M)Crushtalon LVL 55
Jolly Nature
Fly
Brave Bird
U-turn
Close Combat

:612:
Haxorus(F)Draceana LVL 55
Adamant Nature
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw (will be replace with outrage once at LVL 66)
Earthquake (achieved by trading to B/W to use TM on)
X-Scissor

;448;
Lucario(M)Xenonfist LVL 55
Naive Nature
Work Up
Brick Break (will be replaced with Ice Punch once 10 red shards are collected)
Aura Sphere
Shadow Ball

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If you already have a plan, then just post the plan, posting the current team as well makes it slightly confusing :)

anyway

I suggest Quick Attack or Return for Staraptor's second move.

Haxorus
Jolly Nature, Mold Breaker ability
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake

Jolly because it needs Speed more, Mold Breaker because it's the best ability for Hax.
Dragon Claw because it already has enough power (especially after a DD) and doesn't lock it out.
Rock + Ground gives you great coverage.

Hyper27

Hyper27
Thanks! Any thoughts on the 3 pokemon weak to ice though? Additionally, I need a last guy, preferably specially based as most of my team, save milotic is physical.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
If you already have a plan, then just post the plan, posting the current team as well makes it slightly confusing :)

anyway

I suggest Quick Attack or Return for Staraptor's second move.

Haxorus
Jolly Nature, Mold Breaker ability
~Dragon Dance
~Dragon Claw
~Rock Slide
~Earthquake

Jolly because it needs Speed more, Mold Breaker because it's the best ability for Hax.
Dragon Claw because it already has enough power (especially after a DD) and doesn't lock it out.
Rock + Ground gives you great coverage.

Actually, Haxorus can outspeed everything ingame after a Dragon Dance anyway, so the Jolly nature isn't going to help him outspeed anything notable, meaning Adamant is actually more useful. Also, in-game, there is nothing Haxorus won't severely dent, so Outrage is a viable option.

Plan

Defensive Part

Torterra
Impish Nature
Leech Seed
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge

Milotic
Calm Nature
Toxic
Recover
Surf/Scald
Ice Beam

Offensive Part

Staraptor
Jolly Nature
Brave Bird/Return/Quick Attack
Fly/Return/Quick Attack
U-turn
Close Combat

Replace either of those moves with the suggested moves. Replace Fly if you can bother with a HM slave for Fly or Brave Bird if you like Fly better.

Emboar
Lonely Nature
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Brick Break/Superpower/Hammer Arm
Scald

IMO, Superpower or Hammer Arm are superior attacks due to their sheer power, and it would suit his attack stat better. Scald so he can attack specially as well.

Still debating on last pokemon. Could be Electivire or some Mix/Special attacker. Additionally, what are your opinions on my 3 pokemon weak to ice? (with the 2 pokemon resistant to it)
Any help is appreciated!

You have good coverage, but I feel that a Psychic types would really help out against Team Plasma's onslaught of Poison types.
Reuniclus is a pretty good one.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves:
Psychic/Psyshock
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Recover/Shadow Ball

This is a great special attacker. It avoids all status (Team Plasma is notorious for statuses from my experiences). Psychic is recommended over Psyshock for the sole purpose of Marshall, whose Pokemon have great Defense. Calm Mind allows it to set up while Recover can heal back damage it takes while setting up. Shadow Ball could be used over Recover to help against Shauntal and Caitlin, however.

Hyper27

Hyper27
Actually, Haxorus can outspeed everything ingame after a Dragon Dance anyway, so the Jolly nature isn't going to help him outspeed anything notable, meaning Adamant is actually more useful. Also, in-game, there is nothing Haxorus won't severely dent, so Outrage is a viable option.

You have good coverage, but I feel that a Psychic types would really help out against Team Plasma's onslaught of Poison types.
Reuniclus is a pretty good one.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
Moves:
Psychic/Psyshock
Calm Mind
Focus Blast
Recover/Shadow Ball

This is a great special attacker. It avoids all status (Team Plasma is notorious for statuses from my experiences). Psychic is recommended over Psyshock for the sole purpose of Marshall, whose Pokemon have great Defense. Calm Mind allows it to set up while Recover can heal back damage it takes while setting up. Shadow Ball could be used over Recover to help against Shauntal and Caitlin, however.

While that is true, I already have 2 Extremely Slow pokemon : Emboar and Torterra. Reuniclus has terrible speed. Additionally for status conditions, I have Milotic, which has Marvel Scale. How is Mix Electivire or Espeon in this case?
EDIT: How about a specially based Lucario? (the fighting type is repeated, however, the resistances are different. Emboar weak to flying, water, psychic, and ground while Luke has Fire, Ground , and fighting. All these resistances can be taken by Torterra and Milotic.)

Last edited:

Seredin

At this point in the game it is Lucario and Dewott, and I just beat the 3rd gym. Not sure about the last 4 though, may choose to have a Sigilyph, Krookodile, Darumaritan, and Eelektross

Hyper27

Hyper27
I think I'm gonna go with Lucario for the last slot. What would be a good mix and special sweeper set? Which set would be better? I know for special sweeper Calm Mind would work as I've used it earlier, but its special movepool is shallow.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

Eh, I can agree with what you're saying regarding the Nature.

Outrage would be preferred, if it wasn't because of the "hit self" damage from the confusion is based on Attack. If you can't heal the confusion, and Hax hit itself, the damage will be crippling enough, especially if you've used DD before. Outrage is okay, but only if it is a Choice set, because that set switch out a lot anyway.
Also, like I said, after a DD, Dragon Claw has enough power to tear all. There's no need to go overkill using Outrage, which also locked its move, not to mention the confusion.
Sure you can switch out, but what about the DD boost?

As for a Mixcario set....

Lucario
Hasty/Naive Nature
~Work Up
~Shadow Claw
~Brick Break/Close Combat/Aura Sphere
~Flash Cannon

Note that using Close Combat means one of its defenses will be thin as a paper, due to the Nature also reducing one of its defenses. It hits really hard, but is also very risky.
Aura Sphere is preferred, but in the meantime you can go with BB/CC.

Flash Cannon is just a filler, since Ghost + Fight already covers everything.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Yeah, true. I actually prefer your Lucario set on this thread over your Lucario set on the thread "My First Black-2 Team."
:b

Honestly, Espeon would be a better bet. You already have a Fighting type in Emboar, who is great mixed.

Espeon @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Moves:
Psyshock/Psychic/Stored Power
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Baton Pass

This is the best Espeon can do in-game. However, if you're really up for it, use Dual Screens, like..

Espeon @ Leftovers
Moves:
Light Screen
Reflect
Psyshock/Psychic
Baton Pass

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Stone Edge > X-Scissor on Hax. It gets great coverage alongside Dragon and Ground.