• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

White 2 Team Building Help

Machomacho

So here are the ones I want to use:

Beartic
Nature: Adamant
Moves:
Icicle Crash
Superpower
Hail
Dive/Aqua Jet

Alakazam
Nature: modest/Bold
Moves:
Pyschic
Signal Beam/Focus Blast
Reflect
Shadow Ball/Signal Beam

Gliscor
Nature: Admant/Careful
Moves:
Sky Uppercut
X-Scissors
Swords Dance
Night Slash

Drapion
Moves:
Crunch
Toxic Spikes
Aqua Tail/Brick Break
Earthquake

-----------------
Ones pending-

Blaziken
Moves:
Brave Bird/Acrobatics
Sky Uppercut
Blaze Kick/Flare Blitz
Bulk Up/Thunder Punch

Electrivire
Nature: Modest or Bold
Moves:
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Focus Blast/Psychic/Brick Break
Taint/Toxic

Leafeon
Nature: Adamant or Calm
Moves:
X-Scissors
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance/Sunny Day/Wish

Golurk
Nature: Adamnat or Brave
Moves:
Shadow Punch
Hammer Arm
Fire Punch/ Thunder Punch/ Ice Punch
Earthquake/Heavy Slam

If someone could also PM some notes or a video on EVs and IVs at would be great, I want to have a competitive team but I don't understand them at all. thanks

Machomacho

That has nothing to do with what I'm asking. -.- Can someone please help!!!!?!?!?!?!? I am so lost on what to do.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
If you want an OU team, Beatic has got to go. I'd instead of Mamoswine in place of it. Mamoswine can do almost everything Beartic can do but much better. It is immune to Sandstorm and Hail and can make good use of the EndeavorSwine set (I'll post it below in a bit). Drapion is also a bit outclassed in OU, so I'd suggest using perhaps Jellicent. Jellicent has great defensive synergy with Mamoswine, taking Water, Fire, and Fighting moves like a champ while Mamoswine is immune to Electric.

So far, the changes are...

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Moves:
Stealth Rock
Endeavor
Earthquake
Ice Shard

Since you have Jellicent now, you have nothing to fear from Fake Out users, as they cannot reliably break your sash anymore. With Stealth Rock, Jellicent also acts as a great spinblocker, making sure your SR isn't spun away. Endeavor allows you to take your opponent's health down to 1 HP and then pick them off with Ice Shard. Pokemon like Salamence can OHKO you with Draco Meteor, but since you will live with 1 HP, you can just Endeavor and then finish off with an Ice Shard.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Will-O-Wisp
Scald
Taunt
Recover

Bold is the primary nature, as it works well with the EV spread and makes Jellicent more reliable in handling Landorus. Will-O-Wisp allows you to burn Pokemon that are not fire types while Scald helps you burn physical attackers like DNite, breaking its Scale in the process so Mamoswine can OHKO with Ice Shard. This also applies to Salamence, Garchomp, and weakened Lati@s. Taunt shuts down setter uppers like DNite, Salamence, Landorus, etc. They all fear burns from Will O Wisp and Scald. Recover heals you after you do your job.

Hope I helped!

Machomacho

Thanks, but I don't know what an OU team is. I'm new to this competitive battling thing so I need help.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
That has nothing to do with what I'm asking. -.- Can someone please help!!!!?!?!?!?!? I am so lost on what to do.

That was an adbot, ignore it.

now....

1. Hail outside a Hail team is usually not a good idea.

2. No one use Bold on Alakazam. Modest/Timid, with Calm Mind over Reflect and Shadow Ball-Focus Blast for the two attacking moves, and Psyshock instead of Psychic for the STAB, so that you can give a hard hit on things with high SDef but low Def.

3. Gliscor with no EQ? EQ is literally a must on it.....

4. Bold is a bad Nature for Electivire, and Calm is a bad Nature for Leafeon.

Now, I don't know if this will be great in competitive or not, but personally I think this is a quite fun set for Drapion.

Drapion @ Scope Lens
Adamant/Jolly Nature, Sniper ability
~Cross Poison
~Night Slash
~Earthquake
~Ice Fang

Machomacho

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get started

Machomacho

Thanks so much! I can't wait to get started

jimboslice856

Fire Trainer
you should try this gliscor moveset
gliscor
swords dance
earthquake
facade
protect/poison jab/sky uppercut
for the last move go with what u like outta those three i use protect or p jab

Aura Sensei™

User Title
Gliscor with SD should use Swords Dance l Earthquake l Roost l Acrobatics imo. Stalling set w/ Poison Heal is good with Earthquake l Toxic l Substitute l Protect.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Thanks, but I don't know what an OU team is. I'm new to this competitive battling thing so I need help.

OU means OverUsed. It is the main competitive realm of battling.

Machomacho

I'm taking all of these into consideration. And I'm still not sure and probably won't know till the weekend. Thanks for the help everyone.